Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you worried another SB loss will damage Brady’s legacy?

• Yes

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • A little

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • No

Votes: 160 92.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Win or lose the GOAT isn't going to be any less great and if he and Belichick succeed in dragging this roster with all it's holes to the promised land it will be right up there with XXXVI. There are always going to be azzclowns that completely ignore the 11 times he didn't get to the big game in glorifying Montana's 4-0. You can't fix stupid so there's no point in arguing with it. It's like playing chess with a pigeon.

Three of the losses the defense makes one play after Brady gave them a 4th quarter lead

And in your two other losses, you helped give your team the lead with little time left only to be let down by the defense

Nope. For some reason there seems to be a Mandela effect thing going on with the second Pats-Giants Super Bowl, where Pats fans are convinced that the Pats took the lead late then lost. Not true. They scored their last points with 11:20 left in the THIRD QUARTER and didn’t score again, going punt/interception/punt. There were no late heroics by Brady in that one.

A thread like this come up every year. People were fretting about Brady's legacy before each of the last several Superbowls.. I posted this in the thread preceding the last SB.

The Brilliance of Tom Brady

If the Pats win this SB with Brady at the helm, he will have a score of 1.333. If the Pats lose this SB Brady's score will be 1.389. If, instead, the Pats lose to KC, his score will be 1.444.

Compared to Montana's score of 1.909 any of these secures Brady's legacy as the best SB era QB of them all. Btw, no other SB era QB is worth doing this exercise for. No one comes close to consistently driving his team closer to the ultimate prize than has Brady. His legacy just on aggregate success is beyond secure, it is untouchable.

A simpler method of assessment is this: who's better, the athlete with 4 gold medals and 0 silvers (Montana) or the one with 5 golds and 3 silvers (TB)? And what does it do to his legacy if he adds another silver to that tally?

Nope. For some reason there seems to be a Mandela effect thing going on with the second Pats-Giants Super Bowl, where Pats fans are convinced that the Pats took the lead late then lost. Not true. They scored their last points with 11:20 left in the THIRD QUARTER and didn’t score again, going punt/interception/punt. There were no late heroics by Brady in that one.

Welker did him no favors on that last punt.

Brady’s legacy is cemented. He plays in a salary cap era where a majority of the team changes every year.

The more times he plays in a super bowl the more likely he’s going to win or lose. That’s just standard.

Do I think we will go SB this year? Yes I do, but it will take a huge effort to get there and to win it.

There is not one single player that comes close to what he’s achieved, his stats and achievements speak for themselves. He was the first unanimous player to win MVP I think, first player to throw for 50 TDs. Led the greatest ever comeback I’ve ever seen in the super bowl.. whatever happens from now until he retires will only improve his legacy,I just don’t think some people understand how remarkable his achievements are.

Joe Montana is great, there’s no denying that.. compare his stats, achievements anything - Brady is better than him.

Tom Brady is simply the best we will ever see. For anyone to reach what he’s achieved they will need to average a super bowl appearance every two years, if we are saying the average NFL career is 16 years (not sure on the average for an above average player) .. that stat alone is remarkable, that’s not even including the 5 wins! He’s simply the greatest to play. Oh and he also plays the hardest position in the sport.

He’s the GOAT.

To me, I don't think it matters at all. It's for people like Stephen A.Smith or Max Kellerman who like to discredit everything Brady or Pats do and are good at.
There are actually people that believe a superbowl loss is worse than not being to superbowl at all.

I'd rather go to a superbowl to actally have a shot at getting another ring than not making the big game at all. Every other team in the league tries hard every year to make it but only two teams do. Pats are almost always one of them. Imagine being the other 31 looking at Pats making a deep run in playoffs ever year. :eek:

200.gif

He has consistently praised Brady throughout his career. Not a hater like Sharpe, Parker, Kellerman, & Felger and Mazz.

Shame the defense put up one of the most pathetic performances all time in the SB last year

Wouldn’t even need to have this conversation

Win or lose the GOAT isn't going to be any less great and if he and Belichick succeed in dragging this roster with all it's holes to the promised land it will be right up there with XXXVI. There are always going to be azzclowns that completely ignore the 11 times he didn't get to the big game in glorifying Montana's 4-0. You can't fix stupid so there's no point in arguing with it. It's like playing chess with a pigeon.

That 01 defense was much better than this version. That's the big difference. It was an upset that they beat the Rams. I give you that. But there were far less holes on that roster compared to this one.

Shame the defense put up one of the most pathetic performances all time in the SB last year

Wouldn’t even need to have this conversation

But you can say that about any game. If the Eagles defense played better, they don't need a strip sack fumble to win it at the end. If Atlanta didn't turtle in the 2nd half, they win.

As for the O.P., a SB loss won't hurt Brady's legacy. It's not as if he was blown out in the losses. And the wins will stick in people's minds more. Such as going down the field to lead a game winning fg against the juggernaut Rams. Or overcoming a 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter by abusing a once in a generation defense. Finally, leading the team back from a 28-3 deficit against an explosive Falcons team.

The poll and its question have no validity. To even make it a question is lowering oneself to the non-rationale rabid anti-Pats fan's level.

No wonder the results of the poll are a near consensus NO.

No disrespect but we are on to Kansas City.

I dont get talking about that right now, it's a non subject for me.
Cheers.

I see some talk here and elsewhere that if the Pats lose on Sunday than it won’t be so bad because then Brady can’t get a 4th SB loss tying the record on this category.

The haters (tm) will talk and yuk it up if it happens but I think there is zero impact to his legacy and GOAT status if he loses Sunday or two weeks so it’s interesting to see even a few Pats fans feel this way. Just wanted to see how many here really do share that opinion.
Nah. Yea 4 SB losses suck but hes won 5 and played IN 9 SUPER BOWLS.

Toms a winner and the GOAT.

Book is closed on his legacy

There is an aurora to being undefeated in the final round. Especially the spectacle that is the Superbowl. This unfair notion began long ago that losing the Superbowl is the worst thing you can do in the NFL. Everyone remembers it. People killed Elway for it. So many Jokes about the bills.

sure being when 1-0 or 2-0 is nice, but that is not large enough sample. Once you hit 3 and above, there is an aurora about that. I would be rather be 4-0 than 4-2. but I will take 5-4 over 4-0 all day.

Any debate ended for good on February 5th 2017.

Anything after SB 49 is gravy for me. That was the really important one- it ended all the "no titles since Spygate" trash talk I used to get.

Just saying, I’ve heard many a Boston fan hold all of Lebron’s losses in the Finals against him.

Winning multiple Super Bowls cements your legacy, losing Super Bowls doesn't negate all the wins.

If only he went 6-9-1 like Rodgers maybe he would get a little ball washing

Who gives a ****ing **** ?

I rather have the anticipation of the next two weeks and a meaningful SB than anything else. I'd rather lose the SB than not be there. That will never ever change. Being a fan of a sports team is all about that and not about some meaningless trivia how some players are 4-0 at SBs and others are 5-4.

Let Brady worry about his legacy and let us enjoy the entertainment provided by our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back