PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB Self Scouting...Lay Off Drafting TE's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I wanted Karlos Dansby instead of Ben Watson. It is what it is, though, and I hesitate to even call it a miss since Watson has been a decent starter for a few years now, which is acceptable for the #32 pick. But if that's the worst that you're getting from the Pats on first round picks, then that's awfully impressive.

So did I.I also wanted Patrick Willis. What this all means is hindsight is 20/20.I'll still go with the "In BB I Trust" axiom.

So did I.I also wanted Patrick Willis. What this all means is hindsight is 20/20.I'll still go with the "In BB I Trust" axiom.

Hahaha, exactly. I half think that we should all have to go on the record with who we think Belichick should have drafted directly after the draft, and have that stored for posterity. That way anyone that complains will at least be accountable for their own choices. It's easy to be a genius in hindsight.

Look..to me it's simple...argue all you want...we could always hire back Booby Grier...and THEN WHAT?

Belichick mentioned Witten as being probably the one and he also mentioned Bavoro....

That was kinda what his point was....if you cant really find one to do both than you can find a couple to do it all and he almost seemed as if he was saying using a one might not be the best idea or spending big money on it because the guy likely still will be limited.

I believe BB is lookingfor the next Bavaro, but the colleges are not producing that type TE anymore. Therefore BB has changed his philosophy and is now picking up veterans that have proven on tape that they can do both to some degree.

Many had us drafting Pettigrew. However, he was drafted with the 20th pick of the draft.

People seem to think that Pettigrew might end up fitting that bill, but it's obviously way too early to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST