PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on how long he wants to coach

I always find it funny when people were advocating the « better one year early than one year too late » when Bill was using it to get rid of players but act like they are outrage when people suggest that the owner could use the same approach regarding his HC.

It all depends on how many years Bill told Kraft he would coach. If Bill assured Kraft that he will coach 5+ more years then fine.

But if for example Kraft know Bill will coach only 2 more years. With a coach like Payton potentially available and if you can get him the question is worth asking.

What’s best for the football team?

2 years of Bill or 5-10 years of Payton?
16 years, all but one of them with Drew Brees and he wins ONE SB. In fact, he only makes it to one SB and only 3 NFC championship games.

If we did change coaches, I'd want a new GM also.

If we did change HCs then we would also automatically be changing GMs, the only question being would he come from inside the building (Wolf, Groh) or outside of it...

Last edited:
16 years, all but one of them with Drew Brees and he wins ONE SB. In fact, he only makes it to one SB and only 3 NFC championship games.
Kinda like A Rodgers who's a MVP type player but only have one SB to his name but they do win regular season games and hit in the Drafts.:cool:

Still a top 10 coach in this league.

I'm not advocating for Bill to be replaced haphazardly.

I agree that good coaching should not be discarded.

I thought the Ravens were dumb when they were seriously considering getting rid of Harbaugh and that the Eagles were dumb for getting rid of Reid.

if Belicheck was even 65 I wouldn't suggest it.

I also think it's foolish to not factor in his age when someone like Sean Payton becomes potentially available. Payton has been my 2nd favorite coach after BB since bounty gate.

So yeah, looking at solidifying the coaching position for the next 10 years sounds a lot better than taking year by year with a HC who seems more interested in hiring friends and family then hiring the best coaches.

You will never convince me that Steven Belicheck, Matt Patricia and Joe Judge were not sentimental hirings
Mine too would be nice dude to roll with for the next 10years possibly.

Since the Salary cap only Mike Shanan (Cheating the cap, so I don't count it), Coughlin, and Belicheck have multiple superbowls as a HC.

Getting a superbowl win with multiple Conference Championship appearances that could have gone either way is a great resume.

Since the Salary cap only Mike Shanan (Cheating the cap, so I don't count it), Coughlin, and Belicheck have multiple superbowls as a HC.

Getting a superbowl win with multiple Conference Championship appearances that could have gone either way is a great resume.
Three in 16 YEARS with Drew Freaking Brees and they went 1-2. Great resume!!

Should we looking at Dan Quinn . Great defensive mind. Singlehandedly resurrected cowboys defense . And Sean Payton has stated he wants to go to a structured organization with a winning culture.

So what would constitute “the right situation”? Payton said it’s all about having the kind of ownership and front office he thinks he can work well with and will help him build a winning culture. Payton said there are some NFL teams that simply aren’t “functional,” and those teams, Payton said, he’d never coach for.

I might get some flack for this, but I am at the point where I am ready for a regime change. I am ready for Robert Kraft to hand the reigns to Jonathan. I am ready for a new GM, HC, OC, and DC. Bill made his buddy who is a DC as an OC. He made a Special Teams Coordinator the QB coach and you wonder why Mac has regressed. BB said that if things go bad, its on him...well, it is on him and I think its time to move on. He is allowing Patricia to keep Bourne from getting more playing time for being late to a meeting, his sentence has been served. Let the man play, and he is one of the only WRs that are making an impact. Now I hear that BB is trying to rush Mac back from his injury. Multiple players are complaining about the gameplan too. Its time to move on since we are rebuilding anyway.

I might get some flack for this, but I am at the point where I am ready for a regime change. I am ready for Robert Kraft to hand the reigns to Jonathan. I am ready for a new GM, HC, OC, and DC. Bill made his buddy who is a DC as an OC. He made a Special Teams Coordinator the QB coach and you wonder why Mac has regressed. BB said that if things go bad, its on him...well, it is on him and I think its time to move on. He is allowing Patricia to keep Bourne from getting more playing time for being late to a meeting, his sentence has been served. Let the man play, and he is one of the only WRs that are making an impact. Now I hear that BB is trying to rush Mac back from his injury. Multiple players are complaining about the gameplan too. Its time to move on since we are rebuilding anyway.
So really just ready for anything. yolo. blow it all up. Apes together strong. That's some really pretty ***, game over man, game over.

Look, you go 10-7 and yeah, that means you lost 7 games. How much worse can it get? Exactly 10 games worse. And if you've been a Pats fan for more than 20 years, you understand how different that feeling is from this muddled middle. We don't need to invite that, if you ask me. But we do have to be going in the right direction, of course.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back