PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB in damage control mode regarding Brady's departure

Considering we drafted Jimmy G in 2014, and Brady might be playing in 2024, more like 10 years early than a year too late..................
Speaking of Jimmy G, he got hurt again yesterday. There's not much worse for a team than a QB who can't stay on the field.

It seems that whatever issues there were between Brady and his former coach- they've now been smoothed over. Glad to see it. Shame this kind of conversation didn't happen 3 years ago when it could have mattered a lot more.

BB also looked for Brady in the visitors locker room after the game to have this conversation. Makes me think he regrets letting Brady go. And he should. I too didn't want to admit it was a mistake at the time, but it's obvious now that it was. What's done is done though and I'm glad things appear to be good now between coach and QB and Brady and the Patriots organization. I think he appreciated the gesture he got from the organization and from the fans on Sunday.

It seems that whatever issues there were between Brady and his former coach- they've now been smoothed over. Glad to see it. Shame this kind of conversation didn't happen 3 years ago when it could have mattered a lot more.

BB also looked for Brady in the visitors locker room after the game to have this conversation. Makes me think he regrets letting Brady go. And he should. I too didn't want to admit it was a mistake at the time, but it's obvious now that it was. What's done is done though and I'm glad things appear to be good now between coach and QB and Brady and the Patriots organization. I think he appreciated the gesture he got from the organization and from the fans on Sunday.
I agree and have no reason to question anything he said. However, with the Wickersham book coming out next week, you've got to believe they agreed to have a common voice on some of the crap this guy is coming out with.

I agree and have no reason to question anything he said. However, with the Wickersham book coming out next week, you've got to believe they agreed to have a common voice on some of the crap this guy is coming out with.
He is doing just what he wanted. Selling books. Selling books means you do not have nice things. He has a hard on for the pats, because he knows that brings ratings. Brady...pats ratings. He is a awful journalist who can lie his ass off becuase he does not have to say who his sources are. I heard one of this sources was freaking Chris Simms. How close is that idiot to the patriots locker room?

He is doing just what he wanted. Selling books. Selling books means you do not have nice things. He has a hard on for the pats, because he knows that brings ratings. Brady...pats ratings. He is a awful journalist who can lie his ass off becuase he does not have to say who his sources are. I heard one of this sources was freaking Chris Simms. How close is that idiot to the patriots locker room?
Seriously? LOL wow

This makes sense. Maybe their 20 min conversation was just damage control from the book. Seems like neither BB nor Brady come out looking very pretty from the book. Only Kraft appears golden, which probably means that most of the leaks are from Kraft's camp.

Last edited:

Says Brady "looked at his options and ..... we weren’t as good an option as Tampa". Yeah Bill, since your 1 yr $23m offer sucked.

About Brady's departure, he says "It wasn’t a question of not wanting him. That’s for sure." Like wth!! Brady was practically kicked out. Why can't BB man up and say that they assessed he'll deteriorate and he didn't.

Says he's "not at all surprised by the success Brady's had". Well Bill then why the hell did you kick him out!??

I guess we'll have Q&A all week as Brady's the opposing QB. Can't avoid all the questions.
That's all Bill does is avoid questions. Nothing has changed.

Bill has things under control. He's still the highest paid HC in the league and has even been able to bring his kids along for the ride. Meanwhile, he wouldn't give a top contract to any player, including the GOAT QB. If he does it's a franchise tag and the player ends up leaving later anyway. We'll see how well that works out over the next few years but the genius is off to a rocky start.

There's quite a lot of damage to control.

Sorry but I don’t see the logic. The implication is that having Brady here would give us zero chance at a playoff or Championship run. That sounds wrong to me.

And we didn’t need to give Brady $50m per year, probably $50m for 2 years rather. Which was cheap for Brady’s skills/ability.

And Brady could have played 3 or 4 more years for us. I am sure he’ll be playing next year.

I just don’t see the logic.
It's never a good idea to let GOAT players go, especially a QB like Brady. The most disturbing thing of all is that when Brady was forced out it was over a few dollars. If there's a record for the amount of HOF players let go by a HC then Bill holds it, or will in the future.
When the Pats traded away Seymour we didn't win another SB for 10 years, but at least he didn't lead the Raiduhs to a SB.

It's never a good idea to let GOAT players go, especially a QB like Brady. The most disturbing thing of all is that when Brady was forced out it was over a few dollars. If there's a record for the amount of HOF players let go by a HC then Bill holds it, or will in the future.
When the Pats traded away Seymour we didn't win another SB for 10 years, but at least he didn't lead the Raiduhs to a SB.
At least we got a 1st rounder for Seymour. We got nothing for letting Brady walk. We could have signed Brady for $30m or $35m per year and then traded him if we wanted. Arians is saying he wants 5 #1s for Brady.

At least we got a 1st rounder for Seymour. We got nothing for letting Brady walk. We could have signed Brady for $30m or $35m per year and then traded him if we wanted. Arians is saying he wants 5 #1s for Brady.
This is one of the more underappreciated aspects of Brady leaving New England. They got nothing for him. From a business / team building standpoint it's inexcusable. Either the team (ownership & GM/HC) thought Brady would just reconsider and comeback to NE on whatever sh*tty one-year deal they put in front of him or the Krafts wanted to do Brady a solid on his way out (letting him hit free agency to determine his own destination). Either way not in the best interests of the Patriots franchise. In hindsight they probably could have given Brady the contract he wanted before the 2019 season (2 to 3 years at $25 mil per) and traded him for two #1's.

Brady might play longer than Belichick is coaching.
I think he will.

I don't think BB changed his mind about not wanting to coach into his 70's.

I think he will.

I think Brady outlasts Bill as coach of the Pats.

I think he will.

You are holding him to an off the cuff remark he made in his 50s and saying everything he has said more recently is a lie? Interesting critical thinking skills.

Were you going to strap him down and hold a gun to his to make him sign so he could forfeit his right to be a free agent?

This is one of the more underappreciated aspects of Brady leaving New England. They got nothing for him. From a business / team building standpoint it's inexcusable. Either the team (ownership & GM/HC) thought Brady would just reconsider and comeback to NE on whatever sh*tty one-year deal they put in front of him or the Krafts wanted to do Brady a solid on his way out (letting him hit free agency to determine his own destination). Either way not in the best interests of the Patriots franchise. In hindsight they probably could have given Brady the contract he wanted before the 2019 season (2 to 3 years at $25 mil per) and traded him for two #1's.
For Brady, the writing was on the wall. It was a "We can't go on like this" situation. Credit Kraft for talking him into staying here a couple more years.

Brady was in a similar position as Montana was with the 49ers: "What do I have to do to get some cred?" But the difference was the 49ers felt they had his successor with Young, who did win one (1) Super Bowl. And Montana's physical condition was frail. He still played very well for two more years.

Tom Brady has spent his whole life being underestimated, undervalued and basically ignored. Media etc. belatedly just threw up their hands and conceded he's the GOAT after the Falcons comeback. Tom leaving the Patriots made it astronomically easier for everyone to shower him with the superlatives he'd already earned many years earlier (except us, who realized it pretty soon, although mostly not until '07).

Brady was ALWAYS going to leave and even his father predicted it a couple years after Jimmy G was drafted. Brady was not forced out. They could have offered him $30M a years but he was going to leave. He needed a new challenge and didn't want to put up with BB coaching style any more. He got to Tampa and was "coached" by Bruce...who was also a jack ass. Brady retires, then goes all Game of Thrones and makes Arians bend the knee. Brady is now running the Tampa Bay Bucs.

in the end, BB knows when to get rid of players on the decline...he has been right every time except for Brady.

in the end, BB knows when to get rid of players on the decline...he has been right every time except for Brady.

This is like bragging about dodging all those car wrecks you could have gotten in aside from that one ten car pileup that blew up a school bus.

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I remember the Seymour deal when it happened. Even though he was gone it was some consolation that we'd get the Raiduhs first pick, and they stunk. Unfortunately, thanks to some degree to Big Sey, the Raiduhs weren't so bad and the pick was no great shakes.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back