PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB in damage control mode regarding Brady's departure

...you freaking homers were smug for 18 years that Brady was so much more generous and willing to take one for the team and had the smaller ego until he left. And now you crap on him for not having a larger ego earlier, meaning it’s HIS fault the team fell apart, because you think that makes Bill look better or something? Wow.
Not sure if you were referring to me because people on here know I'm a Tom>Bill guy. And I didn't agree with his "home town discounts" or "taking one for the team" as he could have had more power to get better skill players around him but he doesn't speak up. We just rarely heard him having a one on one with Bill/Kraft to get what he wanted.

His people? Brady's dad is a grown up, he does not have to ask permission to speak. I have heard a lot of people speaking for Bill lately, is he the same way or is that different?
It's not. Bill should speak up as well.

He could have had more power to get better skill players around him but he doesn't speak up. We just rarely heard him having a one on one with Bill/Kraft to get what he wanted.
How do you know this?

It's not. Bill should speak up as well.
Its not up to them to speak up. They are their own person. Should they run around and try to deflect everything someone says? Do you know how many media members I have heard spin some yarn about both of them? If you want to hear from Bill or Brady, then listen to Bill or Brady not what someone else says.

Not sure if you were referring to me because people on here know I'm a Tom>Bill guy. And I didn't agree with his "home town discounts" or "taking one for the team" as he could have had more power to get better skill players around him but he doesn't speak up. We just rarely heard him having a one on one with Bill/Kraft to get what he wanted.

Apologies then

Its not up to them to speak up. They are their own person. Should they run around and try to deflect everything someone says? Do you know how many media members I have heard spin some yarn about both of them? If you want to hear from Bill or Brady, then listen to Bill or Brady not what someone else says.
I would, but they don't speak about it. My point is that if Tom really had a problem and had spoke up to Bill and Bob, more would've been done to keep him happy. He's been the most powerful football player probably since his 3rd title and could've gotten what he wanted if he really asked for it. Bob would've chosen a younger Tom over Bill if came down to it as Tom has made the Pats franchise a sh*t ton of money.

I would, but they don't speak about it. My point is that if Tom really had a problem and had spoke up to Bill and Bob, more would've been done to keep him happy. He's been the most powerful football player probably since his 3rd title and could've gotten what he wanted if he really asked for it. Bob would've chosen a younger Tom over Bill if came down to it as Tom has made the Pats franchise a sh*t ton of money.
Maybe he didnt have as big of a problem as you think. He did play here 19 years.

That he didn't speak up ever and ask for skill positions. Reports in 2019 said both AB and Sanu were Brady's requests.
Tom has always been vocal about the talent on offense to the coaching staff and personnel leadership.

For instance after a bad early season home loss to DEN in 2006, rumor is he went postal with Pioli re: the WR corps as he was still pissed Branch and Givens were gone. I forget who the reporter was who ran the story but there was an intense shouting match between the two which could be heard by everyone.

Last edited:
That he didn't speak up ever and ask for skill positions. Reports in 2019 said both AB and Sanu were Brady's requests.
Because Branch never gets traded if did so. Givens maybe re-signs as well who was an underrated clutch WR Brady leaned on. Moss is never traded in 2010. Welker is re-signed and not let go for peanuts in 2013. Gronk was completely off limits. The only reason he returned to the team in 2018 was because he found a loophole after getting traded and said to Bill he "retired". Lions then rescinded the trade. The draft would've been used for more offensive help throughout the years rather than wasted on defensive players that weren't needed and never made any impact on the team. AB doesn't get cut. If Tom truly wanted something, he could've gotten it. I just don't think he was very aggressive.
Tom has always been vocal about the talent on offense to the coaching staff and personnel leadership.

For instance after a bad early season home loss to DEN in 2006, rumor is he went postal with Pioli re: the WR corps as he was still pissed Branch and Givens were gone. I forget who the reporter was who ran the story but there was an intense shouting match between the two which could be heard by everyone.
I remember that story too.

Last edited:
...you freaking homers were smug for 18 years that Brady was so much more generous and willing to take one for the team and had the smaller ego until he left. And now you crap on him for not having a larger ego earlier, meaning it’s HIS fault the team fell apart, because you think that makes Bill look better or something? Wow.
I heard some Kraft comments about Bill that were pretty insulting. Bob has to learn to stay off the sauce when he talks to writers.

I mean I am just saying, if he hated the way Bill did things, he sure had a funny way of showing it by sticking around for 2 decades.
Other players have left and a few of them have thrown darts the Pats' way. Maybe there is something going on.

Patriots forever!

and Brady’s a f*cking bum

I heard some Kraft comments about Bill that were pretty insulting. Bob has to learn to stay off the sauce when he talks to writers.

I am sure it was resolved a long time ago……besides, with what he pays BB, BB probably says ‘you can call me whatever the f*ck you want’

Why would we assume that changing the model to spend more resources on receivers would have made the team better?
I always saw the plan as spending more heavily on players not impacted by Brady because Brady allowed you to spend less and elevate those players. It’s a zero sum gain. To give Brady more weapons would mean a different part of the team would be weaker.
In hindsight it was very smart.

This writer didn’t talk to Kraft, belichick, Brady or virtually anyone else he claims to be quoting. The entire book is innuendo, rumor and hearsay.

This writer didn’t talk to Kraft, belichick, Brady or virtually anyone else he claims to be quoting. The entire book is innuendo, rumor and hearsay.
Typical mediots, though I knew it was probably hearsay. I heard the lines a couple of times from different sources and had the impression that Bob got a little tipsy out in Denver and was talking to someone, possibly jokingly, when he said it. You think it's all made up?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back