PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB dragged Jones out of the field with him at the end of the game

Are you sure that’s math?
Let me help you out, since critical thinking is an issue.

How long is Mac in the pocket before getting pressured? - 1.3 seconds
How long does the ball travel in the air on a 40 yard pass? - 2.5 seconds
Total 3.8 seconds
How long does it take our Receivers to run 40 yards? - Nelson Agholor - 4.34 seconds

Maths...

Total 3.8 seconds
How long does it take our Receivers to run 40 yards? - Nelson Agholor - 4.34 seconds

Maths...

I understood the poster wrote he had thrown zero passes over 40 yards. Out of 120 attempts.

Are you saying Mac was pressured within 1.3 seconds on every play? I don’t think you understand the basics of average, mean or variance, if you want to talk about

Maths…

And again, you’ve applied the 1.3 seconds to one game, when the zero attempts applies to all three games.

Who has critical thinking problems here?

I'm attacking their idiot thought process. "He's not throwing 40 yards" The oline isn't giving him time to throw the ball 40 yards in the air to someone. It's simple math, I'm sorry you suck at it.

Mac has no time to throw because he is a ZERO threat downfield. No defense fears Mac Jones. Only stupid defenses would commits' resources downfield against Mac10. His game is check downs and dink and dunk passing.

Keep blaming and pointing fingers at everyone but old Mac, eventually the truth comes out.

Lets try an experiment. I'm going to put 250 to 350lb lb guys in front of you and you will have to throw a football to a receiver, but the catch is these guys will be in your face in 1.3 seconds. Let's see you hit a 40 yard pass. Stop being a moron
Where are you getting that Mac only had 1.3 sec to make a throw? That's not what I saw on Sunday. Is that a min., avg? Seems awfully low.

maybe his arm is great........we have yet to ascertain that

but it has to be better than your juvenile word plays on people's names
You dont like Illegaltouching.

Where are you getting that Mac only had 1.3 sec to make a throw? That's not what I saw on Sunday. Is that a min., avg? Seems awfully low.
Yeah that is false. Pretty made up number. When someone says something like that, and it looks weird, that means they just said it and hope you do not bother to know any better.

Total 3.8 seconds

Maths...
He had several deep shots, he just missed them.

pass-chart_JON586540_2021-REG-3_1632688123157.jpeg

I understood the poster wrote he had thrown zero passes over 40 yards. Out of 120 attempts.

Are you saying Mac was pressured within 1.3 seconds on every play? I don’t think you understand the basics of average, mean or variance, if you want to talk about

Maths…

And again, you’ve applied the 1.3 seconds to one game, when the zero attempts applies to all three games.

Who has critical thinking problems here?

I'm saying on average it's 1.3 seconds, sometimes he has longer, sometimes he has less. They also aren't running 40 yard posts every play. So when you take the averages, he doesn't have enough time on the vast majority of plays to throw the ball 40 yards. Are you really this dumb?

Mac has no time to throw because he is a ZERO threat downfield. No defense fears Mac Jones. Only stupid defenses would commits' resources downfield against Mac10. His game is check downs and dink and dunk passing.

Keep blaming and pointing fingers at everyone but old Mac, eventually the truth comes out.

Here I thought Jones had no time to throw because Patriots' o-linemen consistently get driven off the ball, completely miss blocking assignments and allow defenders to run free at Jones, and just aren't playing well. Apparently you exposed that the line isn't all that bad and the real problem is that Jones can't throw down the field.

You do realize that if he only has 1.3 seconds to get rid of the ball that it isn't even enough time to complete a lot of short and intermediate passes never mind deep passes. So apparently defenses don't look at any of Jones' passes as a threat. Yet the first two weeks he was completing them at a historic percentage.

You claim he throws fluttering deep balls, but I haven't seen any. I have seen some off target deep balls and at least one looked clear that Agholor ran the wrong route. I have seen some well thrown deep balls that have been dropped. And some of the deep balls were thrown when he was under pressure and he might not have been able to step into the throw properly. To blame it all on Jones is just biased drivel.

No offense, but you have made up your mind about Jones and you just keep trying to force fit your belief about the guy into your analysis.

I see an awful o-line that can't even block a three man rush a lot of the time. That is why Jones is currently under pressure. Of course if you can successfully rush a rookie QB, you are going to do it a lot because they are more likely to make mistakes.

Here I thought Jones had no time to throw because Patriots' o-linemen consistently get driven off the ball, completely miss blocking assignments and allow defenders to run free at Jones, and just aren't playing well. Apparently you exposed that the line isn't all that bad and the real problem is that Jones can't throw down the field.

You do realize that if he only has 1.3 seconds to get rid of the ball that it isn't even enough time to complete a lot of short and intermediate passes never mind deep passes. So apparently defenses don't look at any of Jones' passes as a threat. Yet the first two weeks he was completing them at a historic percentage.

You claim he throws fluttering deep balls, but I haven't seen any. I have seen some off target deep balls and at least one looked clear that Agholor ran the wrong route. I have seen some well thrown deep balls that have been dropped. And some of the deep balls were thrown when he was under pressure and he might not have been able to step into the throw properly. To blame it all on Jones is just biased drivel.

No offense, but you have made up your mind about Jones and you just keep trying to force fit your belief about the guy into your analysis.

I see an awful o-line that can't even block a three man rush a lot of the time. That is why Jones is currently under pressure. Of course if you can successfully rush a rookie QB, you are going to do it a lot because they are more likely to make mistakes.
He has longer than 1.3 seconds.

He had several deep shots, he just missed them.

View attachment 36076

Half of his deep shots on Sunday were in garbage time including the INT. At least one or two were dropped passes.

Jones didn't have a great game, but he was constantly under pressure and his receivers were failing him in a lot of cases. We can't judge Jones' ability to throw the deep ball on this game at least without acknowledging the fact that the players around him were failing him and the team.

I'm saying on average it's 1.3 seconds, sometimes he has longer, sometimes he has less. They also aren't running 40 yard posts every play. So when you take the averages, he doesn't have enough time on the vast majority of plays to throw the ball 40 yards. Are you really this dumb?
There is zero chance its 1.3 average. He could line up in shotgun and it would take them longer than 1.3 seconds to get to him if he didnt move and there was no oline. If you have an actual stat that shows this somewhere I would lovet o see it.

Based on last year, the worst graded Oline in the NFL was the chargers as far as pass protection. The average time of snap to pressure was 2.91 seconds. Good QB's usually get the ball off around 2.4-2.7 seconds. Now average means there are times when its less then that and times when its more then that. You saying average of 1.3 means there are times when pressure is there in .6 seconds and that is physically impossible.

He has longer than 1.3 seconds.

Sometimes and sometime he has less time. One thing for certain is that the o-line are doing a crap job giving him time to do anything.

I am sorry but even Brady wouldn't have had a good game on Sunday with that o-line. He would have done better than Jones, but not significantly.

There is zero chance its 1.3 average. He could line up in shotgun and it would take them longer than 1.3 seconds to get to him if he didnt move and there was no oline. If you have an actual stat that shows this somewhere I would lovet o see it.
Someone posted it in the forum. i can't remember which thread. Teams are teeing off on Jones because the Oline isn't stopping anyone. These guys are fast. They can easily cover 7 yards in 1.3 seconds. Watch the oline, it's collapsing almost immediately during the game.

Someone posted it in the forum. i can't remember which thread. Teams are teeing off on Jones because the Oline isn't stopping anyone. These guys are fast. They can easily cover 7 yards in 1.3 seconds. Watch the oline, it's collapsing almost immediately during the game.
You said average 1.3 seconds...No, no team has ever averaged 1.3 seconds before pressure in the history of football. Like I said the worst pass blocking oline in football last year averaged 2.6 seconds before pressure.

Ignorance and dishonesty are like peanut butter and jelly. Reading your posts demonstrated this. Outright fake numbers, faulty reasoning, and triple down defensiveness. Lol.

Sometimes and sometime he has less time. One thing for certain is that the o-line are doing a crap job giving him time to do anything.

I am sorry but even Brady wouldn't have had a good game on Sunday with that o-line. He would have done better than Jones, but not significantly.
Well some of the difference is, Brady does some things before the snap to mitigate that a bit. He also feels pressure and moves. I am not saying that the oline is wonderful, its not, well at least some parts of it are not, but if you have a weak side, you move some backs over or you call a quick hitter up the middle to midigate the side pressure, or you call heavy block to one side. Some of this is just young QB, not all, maybe not even most, but some of it is. Young QB's are pressured more and its like that across the board. It just looks different because we are not used to it.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back