PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Baker Mayfield calling Mayflower - Browns meet with Deshaun Watson

He is an INT machine. Watch the games and you’ll see some of the same. Looks great on the shows. Not so much in the games. Team didn’t even make the playoffs.

Fans on this board romanticize the WEAPONS. Who has more weapons than the Chargers if you believe flashy WRs and a new toy at QB are ‘all that’ ?
2020. 31 TDs 10 INTs
2021 38 TDs 15 INTs

69 TDs to 25 INTs

What an interception machine he is. Just a horrible 2 year start to his career. Fact is we would give up any player on the team plus multiple 1st rounders to get Herbert.

2020. 31 TDs 10 INTs
2021 38 TDs 15 INTs

69 TDs to 25 INTs

What an interception machine he is. Just a horrible 2 year start to his career. Fact is we would give up any player on the team plus multiple 1st rounders to get Herbert.
Only if we put someone who was only interested in flashy stats in charge.

Only if we put someone who was only interested in flashy stats in charge.
So you think a QB at 22 and 23 years of age who puts 69TDs is just "flashy". Watch some damn football. His performance in the final Sunday Night football game was absolutely clutch, down 29 to 14 with 7 minutes left, hitting multiple 4th downs to keep the season alive for the Chargers and sending the game to OT.

So you think a QB at 22 and 23 years of age who puts 69TDs is just "flashy". Watch some damn football. His performance in the final Sunday Night football game was absolutely clutch, down 29 to 14 with 7 minutes left, hitting multiple 4th downs to keep the season alive for the Chargers and sending the game to OT.
Stats don’t impress me. Stats accumulated in a win impress me.
Herbert has not shown me that I would trade Jones and multiple 1s for him.
Jones led a more productive offense in his rookie year with less of a supporting cast than Herbert did in his rookie year.
Your shining example is a loss. A loss that kept them out of the playoffs. Perhaps if he put up more than 14 points in the first 53 minutes all those flashy stats may have meant something.

Stats don’t impress me. Stats accumulated in a win impress me.
Herbert has not shown me that I would trade Jones and multiple 1s for him.
Jones led a more productive offense in his rookie year with less of a supporting cast than Herbert did in his rookie year.
Your shining example is a loss. A loss that kept them out of the playoffs. Perhaps if he put up more than 14 points in the first 53 minutes all those flashy stats may have meant something.
Chargers didn't make the playoffs because they had one of the worst run D's in the league. The Raiders opened that OT with 2 runs that went for 50 yds and put them in automatic scoring position. That's like blaming Brady for the SB loss to the Eagles.

You got to be blind (or dumb) to not acknowledge what type of talent Herbert is.

No need to respond. We don't need you taking over another thread.

Chargers didn't make the playoffs because they had one of the worst run D's in the league. The Raiders opened that OT with 2 runs that went for 50 yds and put them in automatic scoring position. That's like blaming Brady for the SB loss to the Eagles.

You got to be blind (or dumb) to not acknowledge what type of talent Herbert is.

No need to respond. We don't need you taking over another thread.
Sounds like excuses. Why did he only gave 14 points in 53 minutes? Is that someone else’s fault.
Somehow you have twisted this into arguing as if I said Herbert sucks.
I did not.
I said there is no way the Patriots trade Mac Jones and multiple #1s for him.
Putting up a stats doesn’t mean you suck but putting up stats while not winning isn’t what you trade a QB who is a winner and multiple 1s for.

Let’s see him win something before we put him
In canton huh?

Thread would only be taken over if you keep responding with silliness.

Sounds like excuses. Why did he only gave 14 points in 53 minutes? Is that someone else’s fault.
Somehow you have twisted this into arguing as if I said Herbert sucks.
I did not.
I said there is no way the Patriots trade Mac Jones and multiple #1s for him.
Putting up a stats doesn’t mean you suck but putting up stats while not winning isn’t what you trade a QB who is a winner and multiple 1s for.

Let’s see him win something before we put him
In canton huh?

Thread would only be taken over if you keep responding with silliness.
Patriots would absolutely trade a few 1sts and Jones for Herbert.

Watson is another in the growing list of talented players who’ve done nothing, yet keep getting great publicity.

In the end, why do so many people fall into this trap ? Aaron R, Luck, RGIII, Watson, Herbert…. There’s a list of Sports Show darlings who have a total of one ring. And 2010 wasn’t even that great for AR.

What is Watson’s greatest feat ? ALMoST getting to the AFCCG ?!? Useless. This is just hype. Watson in Cleveland will not win any more championships than he did in Houston with a better supporting cast (at the time).
Watson, before all this went down, was a top three QB. Top five at worst. It's not his fault the teams around him weren't very good. He's not the GM. If he pulled a Rodgers in GB your criticism would be fair.

Who wouldn't?. Why on Earth would San Diego do that deal?
What has Herbert done that makes him better than Jones plus 2-3 top tier players.
The 2021 Patriot offense was more productive than the 2020 Charger offense and the Patriots with jones won more games than Herbert has in either of his seasons.
Are you telling me Mac was surrounded by better weapons?

What has Herbert done that makes him better than Jones plus 2-3 top tier players.
The 2021 Patriot offense was more productive than the 2020 Charger offense and the Patriots with jones won more games than Herbert has in either of his seasons.
Are you telling me Mac was surrounded by better weapons?
Jones has better coach and overall atmosphere.

Chargers have never been able to get to the big dance with elite QB's.

There's just something off about ownership to GM etc.

Mahomes
Brady
Rodgers
Allen
Herbert

To me those are undisputed top 5 QB's right now.

Then the next grouping would be guys like:

Burrow (He's very close to 5th on top list).
Jackson
Watson
Wilson
Kyler

Jones has better coach and overall atmosphere.

Chargers have never been able to get to the big dance with elite QB's.

There's just something off about ownership to GM etc.
Sounds like excuses.

Sounds like excuses.
Come on.

Do you honestly think Belichick would turn down a trade for Herbert if it meant less picks and no Mac Jones?

It's not excuses either.

Football isn't basketball. One elite player (even 4) doesn't just = success. Otherwise, the 01 Rams would've stormed through everyone and won a SB. The 07 Patriots would've been perfect. Hell, the Chiefs were the best team in 2020 and got annihilated in the SB.

Mahomes (Not saying I agree with him over Brady) has been the consensus #1 QB for 4 years. Best TE. Top 5 receiver. Top 5 coach. Guess what? He's got 1 SB ring. He's got an ugly SB loss and title game loss (Bengals) on his resume too.

The Rams were not the best team last year. Not by a long shot. But Rams fans don't care. They won the SB. And that's how the 2021 season will be remembered.

To be clear here. I believe Mac Jones can be an elite QB. But what I'm saying is Herbert is already there. And trust me, as a KC fan, that scares me. Because I'm not so sure we are guaranteed to win the division this season.

What worries me is we've hosted 4 straight AFC title games. We lucked out on Baltimore and Tennessee losing in 2019 & 2021. Otherwise, we would've been on the road. Hill & Kelce have pretty much been injury free.

Eventually that type of luck swings the other way.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back