PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Baker Mayfield calling Mayflower - Browns meet with Deshaun Watson

I guess we won't have to see any more of those commericals with him living at Cleveland Stadium.

More interesting is to see if indeed Josh did want Baker.

I am surprised that Houston would even consider trading Watson into the division.

All I gotta say is that the Browns better land Watson or this is going to end badly for them. They may have to unload Mayfield now even if they don't land Watson.

I guess we won't have to see any more of those commericals with him living at Cleveland Stadium.

More interesting is to see if indeed Josh did want Baker.

Mayfield will likely be part of the deal to the Texans. So Josh will have to wait at least a year if he wants Mayfield. I can't see Mayfield having a lot of value to thee Texans in a trade since he is likely a short term solution for them.

EDIT: I meant conference.

Last edited:
I am surprised that Houston would even consider trading Watson into the division.

All I gotta say is that the Browns better land Watson or this is going to end badly for them. They may have to unload Mayfield now even if they don't land Watson.
Browns aren’t in their division?

Browns not in AFC south

Watson is another in the growing list of talented players who’ve done nothing, yet keep getting great publicity.

In the end, why do so many people fall into this trap ? Aaron R, Luck, RGIII, Watson, Herbert…. There’s a list of Sports Show darlings who have a total of one ring. And 2010 wasn’t even that great for AR.

What is Watson’s greatest feat ? ALMoST getting to the AFCCG ?!? Useless. This is just hype. Watson in Cleveland will not win any more championships than he did in Houston with a better supporting cast (at the time).

Jimmy G's around.

An upgrade.

Cleveland is in the North, Houston is in the South.

* Just saw the correction

Last edited:
Watson is another in the growing list of talented players who’ve done nothing, yet keep getting great publicity.

In the end, why do so many people fall into this trap ? Aaron R, Luck, RGIII, Watson, Herbert…. There’s a list of Sports Show darlings who have a total of one ring. And 2010 wasn’t even that great for AR.

What is Watson’s greatest feat ? ALMoST getting to the AFCCG ?!? Useless. This is just hype. Watson in Cleveland will not win any more championships than he did in Houston with a better supporting cast (at the time).
Herbert was Rookie of the Year, has played 2 seasons, and is 24 years old. Maybe give him a bit of time before lumping him in with the "players who have done nothing" pile.

Baker isn't going back even if they don't land Watson. Which would be peak Cleveland. Burn your former #1 overall pick saying they want an "adult" at QB by going after a guy who has like 25 counts against him.

Baker isn't going back even if they don't land Watson. Which would be peak Cleveland. Burn your former #1 overall pick saying they want an "adult" at QB by going after a guy who has like 25 counts against him.

I agree about Cleveland, and wonder what Baker would fetch in a trade. This couldn't help their position.

But I have a feeling Baker was done in Cleveland, even without Watson. Team's wish.

Herbert was Rookie of the Year, has played 2 seasons, and is 24 years old. Maybe give him a bit of time before lumping him in with the "players who have done nothing" pile.
He is an INT machine. Watch the games and you’ll see some of the same. Looks great on the shows. Not so much in the games. Team didn’t even make the playoffs.

Fans on this board romanticize the WEAPONS. Who has more weapons than the Chargers if you believe flashy WRs and a new toy at QB are ‘all that’ ?

*25 counts that couldn't clear the painfully loe threshold for indictment...there's a reason the civil suits were filed first

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back