PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bademosi's Mooses

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can bet your sweet bippies that Ryan will look for Badmostly & Jonny Jones early & often, unlike the incompetent J-E-T-E "brain trust."
amused.gif

You can bet your sweet bippies that Ryan will look for Badmostly & Jonny Jones early & often, unlike the incompetent J-E-T-E "brain trust."
Yup I'm scared to death of what the guy who put up back to back 17s AT HOME on the Bills and Dolphins is going to do.

By the way the Jets scored more points against Miami that Atlanta did.

I chose an extreme example for fun. Obviously, I mean that - in general - I find that players such as Ayers, Branch... can and have been found in the past after the beginning of camp and throughout the season. And, in some cases, these players are key contributors to championship season. Other teams seem to struggle to find impact players (or players that are even decent) even though they pick at or near the top of the draft year after year.

Maybe you disagree. Perhaps you think that BB is a poor evaluator of talent and that his record is miserable. Perhaps you actually think I was using Cleveland's losing ways to compare with BB's wizardry and that you object to that. Or, thirdly, perhaps you understood the overall assessment I was sharing and just wanted to be difficult.

You do realize of course that Bademosi was originally an UDFA (not even a pick) of . . . . . . . . . . .CLEVELAND!

Somewhat ironic that you chose that teams draft picks to make a claim about bb talent evaluation capability of this guy. ;)

You do realize of course that Bademosi was originally an UDFA (not even a pick) of . . . . . . . . . . .CLEVELAND!

Somewhat ironic that you chose that teams draft picks to make a claim about bb talent evaluation capability of this guy. ;)
I think he was trying to be funny and poke fun at the Browns. I don't think it was an exhaustive analysis of BBs talent evaluation skills.

But thats just me, apparently every comment made on this board is supposed to go through a CIA verification process.

I think he was trying to be funny and poke fun at the Browns. I don't think it was an exhaustive analysis of BBs talent evaluation skills.

But thats just me, apparently every comment made on this board is supposed to go through a CIA verification process.
I agree, I just [in turn] thought it was funny that badman originally started with the brownies.

Lets break down this post.
The claim is he is a special team only player thrown in at corner. This is false. He played almost 500 snaps at corner in the last 2 seasons.
Last year he played 283 snaps at corner. Danny Amendola played 266 at WR. Is Amendola just a special teamer?

Then you end with an apparent shot at Belichick for valuing special teamers.

Really solid effort by you here.

My advice to you is read more, listen and learn, and post less.
so you're saying Bademosi is going to step in, shut down Julio Jones, Sanu (if he plays), Gabriel, etc? He's going to have 4 passes defensed and two picks Sunday?

Listen, I hope he does, but here in NE we've really gone overboard with the "next man up" stuff. Yes, Bademosi is SO GOOD that he played ZERO snaps on defense in Detroit's playoff game last year:confused:
Delving further into these "283 snaps" at corner last year....he had 11 games in which he had zeroes across the board for tackles, assists, etc...if you look more closely at the "snap counts" for 2016 you'll see the seconday's savior, Johnson Bademosi was mostly the 4th or 5th cornerback in terms of "snaps" when he accumulated all of these "snaps" in 2016...so yes, I'd say he's a special teamer who got some snaps...
Your Amendola comparison is a flawed false equivalency as DA only played 12 games whereas Johnson "savior" Bademosi played 16...

Sarcasm aside, I really ****ing hope this guy plays well because even though it's October vs an NFC team, it is a big chance to help themselves for playoff position...

so you're saying Bademosi is going to step in, shut down Julio Jones, Sanu (if he plays), Gabriel, etc? He's going to have 4 passes defensed and two picks Sunday?
I'm sorry I missed where I said that.

Listen, I hope he does, but here in NE we've really gone overboard with the "next man up" stuff.
Why? Has it not worked? Last I looked in 18 years under this philiosophy we've gone to 11 conference championships 7 sbs and won 5 of them.
When are you going to realize what they do here works?

Yes, Bademosi is SO GOOD that he played ZERO snaps on defense in Detroit's playoff game last year:confused:
Delving further into these "283 snaps" at corner last year....he had 11 games in which he had zeroes across the board for tackles, assists, etc...if you look more closely at the "snap counts" for 2016 you'll see the seconday's savior, Johnson Bademosi was mostly the 4th or 5th cornerback in terms of "snaps" when he accumulated all of these "snaps" in 2016...so yes, I'd say he's a special teamer who got some snaps...
He played a decent amount of corner. That is not a special teams only player. Move the goalposts all you want but facts is facts homie.

Your Amendola comparison is a flawed false equivalency as DA only played 12 games whereas Johnson "savior" Bademosi played 16...
Are you really this dense?

Sarcasm aside, I really ****ing hope this guy plays well because even though it's October vs an NFC team, it is a big chance to help themselves for playoff position...
He will be pkaying within a team defensive concept. It's not Atlanta was badmofo. He may get stuck on an island at times but mostly he will be asked to do what he does best and the scheme won't overexpose him to his weaknesses. That is what next man up means.

If all goes well, Bademosi will be Earthwind Moreland's successor in Patriots lore. :cool:
If all goes well he turns into Kyle Arrington or rob ninkovich or bhge or Steven Neal. Guys who got a chance earned playing time and did well.

Don't get to excited about this guy. He had to play in a game or 2 last year for the Lions. He couldn't cover your grandmothers. And if he got close enough he would get flagged for defensive holding or interference.

Bademosi played the majority of the defensive snaps in five games for the Lions in 2016. He posted 18 tackles, 5 PD and a pick. In those five games, he played more defensive snaps than he had during four seasons in CLE.

If all goes well, Bademosi will be Earthwind Moreland's successor in Patriots lore. :cool:

AND if all goes real well, he isn't just a one season stopgap and gone. He-butler can be the UDFA duo to accompany Gilmore (or UDFA duo to replace Gilmore and his cap hit if G doesn't work out).

I'm going to hold off a couple/few games before deciding on a nickname, but I am impressed by his tackling ability and that is certainly key at the position.

I do believe that he'll be targeted much more than last week, so he'll be thrown into the fire this week, one way or another.

We have butler as our top corner. I don't think a lot of teams would let a undrafted rookie come in for the final play of the Super Bowl.

Never would have happened if the other guy wasn't stinking up the joint so badly. It was a "We have nothing to lose." situation.

I'm going to hold off a couple/few games before deciding on a nickname

Seems to me that some play on "Bada$$" would be the obvious choice, provided he lives up to it Sunday.

Just sayin'.

As long as he is competent in coverage and can play at around Jonathan Jones level we will be fine. They will give up points and receptions but if there are no catastrophic blown coverages keeping the Falcons to around 25-28 would be enough.

Anyone who expects Bademosi to be anything more than the backup CB and ace ST players has just the wrong expectations.

The whole moniker "Mooses" is sacred to me and only reserved for one Patriot who during his time here gave us hope.. Mosi was another victim of CTE.

Find another nickname..

Yup I'm scared to death of what the guy who put up back to back 17s AT HOME on the Bills and Dolphins is going to do.

By the way the Jets scored more points against Miami that Atlanta did.
For those (e.g.: Tavon Wilson, and AJ) who have to be told more than once:

The Bills & Dolphins have Superior - Far Superior - defenses than the Patriots have.

I have been thinking about how timing can make or break someone's opportunities and career.

With Gilmore and Rowe out, Cyrus Jones could have used and taken advantage of these snaps and hopefully the experience would have catapulted his standing on the team.
Now, Mr. Badamofo or whatever his nickname will be gets a great opportunity against a great passing attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back