PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bademosi's Mooses

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those (e.g.: Tavon Wilson, and AJ) who have to be told more than once:

The Bills & Dolphins have Superior - Far Superior - defenses than the Patriots have.
For those who hav to be told over and over again for 17 years
The patriots have superior -far superior FOOTBALL TEAM to the bills and Dolphins.

For those (e.g.: Tavon Wilson, and AJ) who have to be told more than once:

The Bills & Dolphins have Superior - Far Superior - defenses than the Patriots have.
By the way the patriots a mind Dolphins have 2 common opponents.

They both allowed 20 to New Orleans. The Dolphins allowed more (20 to 17) and lost. In fact Miami lost both of those games.
The third common opponent is Sunday so we will see if the patriots also do better once again.

Miami "ferocious far superior defense" had otherwise faced the matt casell-led titans and the hapless chargers so you may want to revisit your views there.

There can be only one.

600MosiMooses.jpg

Regards,
Chris

The only true Tatupu. The only True Mosi.

started 3 games his entire career prior to becoming one of bills beloved versatile special teamers

Wes Welker also had 3 career starts before coming to New England. He turned out okay.

I don't understand the point of this post. What does the number of starts before joining a team matter?

Dion Lewis started 0 games in his first 3 years before coming to New England. Butler only started 1 game as an UDFA here before making the Super Bowl-clinching play, then starting the next season as CB#1 and being named to the Pro Bowl.

Number of starts doesn't correlate to anything. You might as well point out that Bademosi likes blue shirts. Who gives a flying ****? It doesn't matter.

Might as well tell us what he's going to wear for a Halloween costume. It has no correlation to whether he'll play well or not on Sunday.

Wes Welker also had 3 career starts before coming to New England. He turned out okay.

I don't understand the point of this post. What does the number of starts before joining a team matter?

Dion Lewis started 0 games in his first 3 years before coming to New England. Butler only started 1 game as an UDFA here before making the Super Bowl-clinching play, then starting the next season as CB#1 and being named to the Pro Bowl.

Number of starts doesn't correlate to anything. You might as well point out that Bademosi likes blue shirts. Who gives a flying ****? It doesn't matter.

Might as well tell us what he's going to wear for a Halloween costume. It has no correlation to whether he'll play well or not on Sunday.
The point of the post is that this guy couldn't get PT on Cle or Det, and some folks think the secondary will be A ok against Ryan, Jones, Sanu W Bademosi covering them.... Bills wizardry W cornerback jags pretty much stopped W the Bill Polian/Peyton Manning rules in 04 or 05...

The point of the post is that this guy couldn't get PT on Cle or Det, and some folks think the secondary will be A ok against Ryan, Jones, Sanu W Bademosi covering them.... Bills wizardry W cornerback jags pretty much stopped W the Bill Polian/Peyton Manning rules in 04 or 05...

But that's a stupid point. I take that back. I don't even consider it a point because it doesn't matter, it doesn't count for anything, it's totally irrelevant.

Every year, we see players emerge when moving to other teams. Sometimes they were on bad teams and didn't do much, then emerge later. And it could be for a wide variety of reasons, from an injury opening up a spot to better coaching to needing time to develop to a FO that lets the best player play instead of the highest draft pick or biggest contract to who knows what else? But it doesn't have to define anyone.

I don't care what Bademosi did or didn't do in Cleveland or Detroit. I care what he does now. I don't think less of Welker because he couldn't emerge as a starter for a terrible Miami group. I didn't look down on Ninkovich even though he got cut by the Saints and the Lolphins. It doesn't matter.

Tramon Williams couldn't make a 6-10 Texans roster before emerging as a Pro Bowl CB for a great franchise in Green Bay. Doesn't matter. Chris Hogan couldn't stick with the 49ers, Giants, Lolphins, and finally found a place in Buffalo, though not as a starter. Doesn't matter.

So pointing out that Bademosi didn't start much in Cleveland or Detroit is true. It's a fact. It's just ****ing pointless. Might as well tell me his favourite icecream flavour, it matters just as much as his PT before joining the team when it comes to how he's going to perform. Hint: it's totally irrelevant.

Buncha kids who don't even get the OP's sweet ref.

Gotdamn millennials.

But that's a stupid point. I take that back. I don't even consider it a point because it doesn't matter, it doesn't count for anything, it's totally irrelevant.

Every year, we see players emerge when moving to other teams. Sometimes they were on bad teams and didn't do much, then emerge later. And it could be for a wide variety of reasons, from an injury opening up a spot to better coaching to needing time to develop to a FO that lets the best player play instead of the highest draft pick or biggest contract to who knows what else? But it doesn't have to define anyone.

I don't care what Bademosi did or didn't do in Cleveland or Detroit. I care what he does now. I don't think less of Welker because he couldn't emerge as a starter for a terrible Miami group. I didn't look down on Ninkovich even though he got cut by the Saints and the Lolphins. It doesn't matter.

Tramon Williams couldn't make a 6-10 Texans roster before emerging as a Pro Bowl CB for a great franchise in Green Bay. Doesn't matter. Chris Hogan couldn't stick with the 49ers, Giants, Lolphins, and finally found a place in Buffalo, though not as a starter. Doesn't matter.

So pointing out that Bademosi didn't start much in Cleveland or Detroit is true. It's a fact. It's just ****ing pointless. Might as well tell me his favourite icecream flavour, it matters just as much as his PT before joining the team when it comes to how he's going to perform. Hint: it's totally irrelevant.

A lot of players have come here and played well and a lot of players have left here and played well too. People just become so narrow minded in how they evaluate players they never give them anchance, but fall head over heels for big name players that get released by another team. Even after Butler's super bowl winning int people said he'll never be a good db. Even after he made the pro bowl the year after those same people would still double down and say that he isn't good. All because they can't shake the notion that he is an UDFA. Unlike them Bb gives everyone a chance to earn a roster spot.

6 safeties, two healthy corners and one ailing bad mosi.

Yet, we all know how this game comes out.

We take the lead, lose the lead, come from behind once only to fall behind again and then furiously come back again to tie it up and of course, win in overtime. Then we get to watch Dan Quinn hang himself from our banner row!!

What a night!!

I agree with you to a point. But it's not completely irrelevant that a guy couldn't get playing time on two of the worst teams in the league. Generally speaking, that means they aren't very good.

I agree with you to a point. But it's not completely irrelevant that a guy couldn't get playing time on two of the worst teams in the league. Generally speaking, that means they aren't very good.

It can. And there are plenty of guys who get lots of PT on good teams that aren't very good either.

But you're thinking of players as static and constant. They're humans, they're constantly changing, evolving and growing. Maybe Welker wasn't good enough to be a starting WR in this league when he went undrafted. Maybe he needed a few years to grow and develop and learn. Maybe Ninkovich wasn't good enough to make the Saints at the time, and needed reps and a few years in a weight room. I don't know exactly every player's story, but it isn't just about evaluation. People constantly evolve.

Another common characteristic of bad teams is that they focus on draft picks to a ridiculous degree, as if a draft pick's success is the most important thing. So you see it all the time with bad teams playing ****ty players drafted highly over other players. Many guys are buried on a depth chart because the team is obsessed with trying to get something out of a high draft pick.

So maybe Bademosi wasn't good enough to play for Detroit or Cleveland back in the day. Or maybe he was, but got stuck behind high draft picks and contracts. Either way, it doesn't mean he can't grow into a good player elsewhere. He's entering the prime of his career right now.

Or maybe he'll suck. But his time in Detroit or Cleveland really doesn't matter. What bad teams think about players isn't as crucial as so many people seem to think. Bad teams are bad for many reasons, and failure to identify/develop talent is usually near the top of that list.

Who is the next man up after Moose?

Since no one was promoted from the PS on Saturday, the Pats CBs for the game are Butler, Bademosi and Jon Jones. Next man up would be McCourty.

Interestingly, all three "top corners" for this game are UDFAs.

Last edited:
Since no one was promoted from the PS on Saturday, the Pats CBs for the game are Butler, Bademosi and Jon Jones. Next man up would be McCourty.

Interestingly, all three "top corners" for this game are UDFAs.

After that, the next man up might me one of us. This is not a good feeling :/

Wow, from the offseason euphoria to reality and beyond. Secondary was "going to be" a strength this year. Huge difference between "on paper" and in reality.

Especially re: Gilmore, it points out that the number 1 thing it takes to be a Patriot is to do what you do within your role... So physically gifted, but yes, it seems to me that when Patriots succeed it's from doing their job/picking up the system and playing within it. Sort of important distinction there... on a lot of teams if you're individually great, it doesn't matter how much you grok the system. The other half is, the onus has been on the coaching staff to make this group work, taking advantage of individual talent within the system. I know Gilmore's out, just using him as an example.

After that, the next man up might me one of us. This is not a good feeling :/

Wow, from the offseason euphoria to reality and beyond. Secondary was "going to be" a strength this year. Huge difference between "on paper" and in reality.

Especially re: Gilmore, it points out that the number 1 thing it takes to be a Patriot is to do what you do within your role... So physically gifted, but yes, it seems to me that when Patriots succeed it's from doing their job/picking up the system and playing within it. Sort of important distinction there... on a lot of teams if you're individually great, it doesn't matter how much you grok the system. The other half is, the onus has been on the coaching staff to make this group work, taking advantage of individual talent within the system. I know Gilmore's out, just using him as an example.

Actually, I was thinking that the secondary was kinda thin below the top six. And, with nickel being the default and dime being played very frequently, the #5 and #6 guys aren't really backup anymore.

I agree 100%, though about a player knowing his assignment and sticking to it is crucial to success. If the UDFA CBs can succeed tonight, it will just underscore that assignment discipline is more important that paper talent.

So, the question becomes - is Gilmore simply struggling with understanding his assignments, or with willingness to adhere to them (e.g., Meriweather)?

Again, though, the fact that the run-D, especially versus the running QBs, wasn't particularly reliable through the first four games probably had at least some impact on corners. If their "sub-assignment" is edge contain on a run, they may have been hesitating a bit on run fakes.

With Atlanta have two excellent RBs who can both run and catch, the entire defense in all aspects with be very well-tested.

Actually, I was thinking that the secondary was kinda thin below the top six. And, with nickel being the default and dime being played very frequently, the #5 and #6 guys aren't really backup anymore.

I agree 100%, though about a player knowing his assignment and sticking to it is crucial to success. If the UDFA CBs can succeed tonight, it will just underscore that assignment discipline is more important that paper talent.

So, the question becomes - is Gilmore simply struggling with understanding his assignments, or with willingness to adhere to them (e.g., Meriweather)?

Again, though, the fact that the run-D, especially versus the running QBs, wasn't particularly reliable through the first four games probably had at least some impact on corners. If their "sub-assignment" is edge contain on a run, they may have been hesitating a bit on run fakes.

With Atlanta have two excellent RBs who can both run and catch, the entire defense in all aspects with be very well-tested.

A good showing tonight will go a long way to calming jitters about the D, no doubt. I'll leave it on that hopeful note, and add that, forgive me football gods, but I'll be giving the remote a workout going back and forth to the Walking Dead premiere. Plus, this place and spot checks on the fantasy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye