PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bad news for Danny Woodhead: It's an ACL tear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks. One of the few guys I'd say BB miscalculated on.
I don't think so. SD offered him much more than was his value here ala Givens years earlier. He would have been a fool not to take it..... He left on good terms and is well respected as a guy who left it all on the field.....

I don't think so. SD offered him much more than was his value here ala Givens years earlier. He would have been a fool not to take it..... He left on good terms and is well respected as a guy who left it all on the field.....
I recall it being an offer the Pats should have been very comfortable matching, but admit I'm not sure on the specifics so I'll take your word for it.

His contract expires after this season and Melvin Gordon is slowly starting to come around. I can't see him going back to an uncompetitive team. Yes, 32 is old for a running back in general, but less so for a 3rd down back. If Sproles can get resigned by PHI at $4.5 mill, no way some other team doesn't sign him. He WAS the best receiving back in football last year and was piling up both rushing and receiving yards before going down...

Why are people clicking <dislike> on that post? FPS people.

I'm positive it's because they don't like the news, and are attempting to show some sympathy for Woodhead. Might be better if they could respond with a "sad" rating, instead of something that appears to disagree with you as a poster/member. Since we don't have the options for that kind of nuance, I just skipped a rating and responded with my thoughts.

I recall it being an offer the Pats should have been very comfortable matching, but admit I'm not sure on the specifics so I'll take your word for it.
I guess it was because with Vereen, Ridley and Bolden at the time --the amount he got from SD, $3.5 million over 2 yrs was likely more than the Pats had budgeted..

I saw that, and it sucks. His second ACL tear.

Hopefully he bounces back. For a little guy now 31 years old who relies on quickness, that cannot be an easy road.
Danny had a great career. I can't think of many guys who have come back from two acl's.

Really sad to hear that about Danny Woodhead hopefully BB dont risk dangling DJ Foster on waivers. San Diego is now looking for a scat Back. Hate to give em a player with upside for free.

Last edited:
I guess it was because with Vereen, Ridley and Bolden at the time --the amount he got from SD, $3.5 million over 2 yrs was likely more than the Pats had budgeted..
Yeah it wasn't a huge contract but Vereen had proven ready to take over that role in the offense (see Houston playoff game). They would have been paying for a redundancy, but I suppose that could've been really helpful since Vereen broke his wrist in the first game that next year.

Recover well Danny and return quickly.

Loved the guy here. Wish him the best. Will always think of him as a Patriot.
Retire & come back here as a commentator.

Best Wishes to Woodhead on his recovery.. I truly hope he has a couple more years left as a 3rd down back..

Speedy recovery and sign a vet min contract here next year.

An Acl injury could be the end of his career, look what happened to Ridley

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots