PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bad news for Comedy fans; Sanchez likely out for the season

Now that Sanchize is toast....do you think I can get reinstated at JI? They banned me in year one of the Sanchez era for repeatedly daring to point out the kid would never be an effective pocket passer because he played smaller than his height and couldn't get balls to receivers over the middle. Relying on sideline timing patterns was a doomed formula.
I do think Sanchez has some talent but ended up on the wrong team at the wrong time. I envision him in an offense like Dallas or New Orleans where they move the undersized QB around to get him lanes to throw in. I'm sure he will search out a starting job next year but he may be best served as an understudy to Brees or Romo. Sanchez will never be a pure pocket passer nor a read-option QB.....but offenses do exist that can maximize his skill set.

Dr. Andrews is going to install a robo-shoulder and turn him into the Greatest Arm of All Time (GAAT). After a year of recovery, he'll be picked up by the Bills and kill several Jets fans with misguided, 200 mph passes into the cheap seats at the Superfund Site. Overall, a victory for everyone.

Dr. Andrews is going to install a robo-shoulder and turn him into the Greatest Arm of All Time (GAAT). After a year of recovery, he'll be picked up by the Bills and kill several Jets fans with misguided, 200 mph passes into the cheap seats at the Superfund Site. Overall, a victory for everyone.

Not to mention kill his own receivers and what's left of the Bills franchise. :cool:

Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever experience anything like that again.

The unofficial mascot quitting the team...the buttfumble...all of it in a nationally televised game on Thanksgiving night to boot!!

Those are once in a lifetime events right there. The football gods likely took away one of our potential SB trophies against the NYG just to allow us all the opportunity to view that last year.

It truly was a magical night.

Never have I seen a team and its fanbase have to eat so much $%#@ in one night on National Television as I saw the Jets and their fanbase eat last Thanksgiving night.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people.

Last edited:
Now that Sanchize is toast....do you think I can get reinstated at JI? They banned me in year one of the Sanchez era for repeatedly daring to point out the kid would never be an effective pocket passer because he played smaller than his height and couldn't get balls to receivers over the middle. Relying on sideline timing patterns was a doomed formula.

I highly doubt it. I was banned for talking logic and common sense as well. They hate that kind of thing over there. Makes them feel threatened.

This should give the inept Jets a jump start on completely destroying young Geno's psyche. Hopefully our defense is ready to assit them in that regard tonight. :D

If Geno really sucks this year. What chance the Jets try and keep him for one more year?

now that would be funny.

lol ... unfortunately for sanchez that play is going to be his legacy ...

he did come in with a little bit of moxy ... a little gunslinger to him ... he was very raw however ... the jets FO didn't do a good job with him ... starting with OC marty shottenheimer removing the ad-lib, grip it & rip it elements of his game ... then bringing in the abomination sparano as OC ... and finally trying to make him learn a 3rd system this year under marty morninweg. He didn't fold under playoff pressure in his 1st 2 years which is more than can be said for many qb's ... but didn't have the talent or seemingly mental make up to continue to improve ... and i forget which game it started in but he got beat up bad in 2011 when the revolving door Wayne Hunter replaced Damien Woody at RT ... and never seemed to recover from that ... making poor decisions, hearing footsteps, being indecisive, etc.

oops, ... forgot - this is the comedy thread :cool:

french-fries-funny-gif.gif

Yes, but who will give us highlights such as
Mark-Sanchez-Fumble-GIF.gif
I know.....
tears-women-men-libido-110106-676518-.jpg

I'll always treasure these years that Lil'Marky has given us, NO one can Fck up like Mark.

The Butt Fumble and the Jose Canseco Ball off the Noggin HR....have to be in the top 5 list of sports bloopers

I highly doubt it. I was banned for talking logic and common sense as well. They hate that kind of thing over there. Makes them feel threatened.

I have been registered for years and never get banned because I never post. Just reading the hilarity that ensues there on a daily basis is entertaining enough for me. To be fair, most people on message boards (even some here - gasp!!) don't support logic and common sense when it involves acknowledging their team stinks or has shortcomings. :)

To be fair, most people on message boards (even some here - gasp!!) don't support logic and common sense when it involves acknowledging their team stinks or has shortcomings. :)

Unfortunately, it doesn't pay to be fair involving the Green Beans and their fans. :juggle:

Unfortunately, it doesn't pay to be fair involving the Green Beans and their fans. :juggle:

True that. Some of them are viciously funny, though, if that makes any sense.

it would be interesting to see what someone like mcdaniels could get out of sanchez.......they guy has good mechanics, a quick release

I just think that he got thrown into a fire without ever getting a chance to develop

I would love for the pats to take a shot on him next year once the jets dump him

an opportunity like steve young comes to mind.......he was lost as lost can be with tampa bay......change the scenery, hitting the reset button, a little brady mentoring......who knows?

I live in NYC, so no one will miss the comedic aspects of this more than I will and no one will be more gleeful than I at the prospect of Woody Johnson having to shell out all the money to a guy on IR. He's probably putting needles into his Tannenbaum Voodoo doll as we speak...

But, this is probably the best thing that could have happened to Sanchez, assuming that the shoulder can be repaired without long term consequences.

It gets him out of the clown circus (AKA Rex Ryan's locker room) and, just as importantly, allows him to avoid the glare of New York media (not so good for Geno, who will now have it all to himself).

I've watched Sanchez down here for the last three years and there is nothing about him as a guy that I dislike. I can only wish him well and hope he gets a shot either as a starter or backup somewhere away from the **** show known as the New York Jets.

Re: Re: Bad news for Comedy fans,Sanchez likely out for the season

it would be interesting to see what someone like mcdaniels could get out of sanchez.......they guy has good mechanics, a quick release

I just think that he got thrown into a fire without ever getting a chance to develop

I would love for the pats to take a shot on him next year once the jets dump him

an opportunity like steve young comes to mind.......he was lost as lost can be with tampa bay......change the scenery, hitting the reset button, a little brady mentoring......who knows?

Im as opened minded as the next guy... but TWO metrosexual quarterbacks?!

right now somewhere , somehow Benny Hill is crying....

You all know what's coming, right? This year on IR ends Sanchez's career (or whatever it was) with the Jets. Belichick, trying to get something out of Mallett before the final year of his contract, finally trades him for a 2014 eighth round pick in an attempt to find the next Troy Brown. After everyone was blown away by he-who-shall-not-be-named this preseason, Belichick decides to take another alum from the QB factory in Jersey to see what he can do.

Now announcing, your 2014 backup quarterback for the New England Patriots.......

:scared:

Comedy gold, GOLD!

If you watch him throw, you'll see that his mechanics/footwork are actually pretty bad. He doesn't step into any of his throws. They are all off his back foot. He still can't read a defense to save his life. As someone else mention, he plays shorter than his actual height. His timing and his accuracy are way off. He's hesitant in the pocket. He doesn't trust what he sees. He's indecisive. While he's tough as nails in taking hits, he's very squeamish and afraid of his own shadow. Even in his 4th year last year, he couldn't take command of his huddle or his team, i.e. severely lacking in the leadership department.

How much of that is "ingrained" at this point is unclear. If someone else does take him on, it will be a big project.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back