PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

Takes snaps under center, shows solid footwork, can throw with touch and anticipation, usually puts the ball where only his guy has a chance -- there are a lot of excellent translatable traits. Iowa kids are usually pretty well coached, too, and come out with an understanding of how to work and compete. I'm totally on board with him as a PTP, and I'd actively look to bring him in to the fold if he declares early.

On the downside, he must improve his completion percentage. For a player with the ability to throw so accurately, 55% is just inexcusable, particularly since he's not usually pushing the ball way down the field.

I truly believe that this is a case where stats don't show the full picture, however. The numbers look mediocre, but the eye test says he has all the tools to become a very, very good QB.

Takes snaps under center, shows solid footwork, can throw with touch and anticipation, usually puts the ball where only his guy has a chance -- there are a lot of excellent translatable traits. Iowa kids are usually pretty well coached, too, and come out with an understanding of how to work and compete. I'm totally on board with him as a PTP, and I'd actively look to bring him in to the fold if he declares early.

On the downside, he must improve his completion percentage. For a player with the ability to throw so accurately, 55% is just inexcusable, particularly since he's not usually pushing the ball way down the field.

I truly believe that this is a case where stats don't show the full picture, however. The numbers look mediocre, but the eye test says he has all the tools to become a very, very good QB.

Yea I remember watching the OSU game & watching Hubbard holding onto his ankles & climbing up his leg. Stanley just maintains, regroups & tosses a TD. Play strengtgh has to be improved but theres just so much to get excited about.

I think he'll gain some steam heading into the year.

1 Year starter so I'm not worried unless he has a sub 60% year & decides to come out.
I wanna see 61-64%, if he can do that, maintain his TD/INT ratio & just slightly improve in another area I'll be very excited.

Kevin Strong is a name to know for UTSA

Great work, man. I'll definitely use this as a starting point for watching this fall.

Thoughts on Jaylon Ferguson at rush? Seems like he's got some traits Patriots value.
Like me Im sure you've been watching him for years.

Worker, fighter type. Likes mixing it up. At times looks like he can disengage & get off off big bodies but other times Ive seen him swallowed up. I think the team ask a ton from him bc he seems like a guy that has a better get off than what shows up on film consistently. Not that its bad but you can tell hes asked to make sure nothing gets outside of him. Sniffs out rpos & doesn't panic or over play them.
They move him around a bit.

Seems a bit stiff, high cut. I really would like to see him add some lbs to his backside & lower have. Looks like a real 6'4+/265-270 w/ 34 arms

Not sure where I like him but I like him.

Taylor Rapp & JoJo McIntosh will be guys a lot of fans end up liking quite a bit.

Great #'s if they hold up next spring

Tyree Jackson has a cannon man.

Updated some wrs clips on the sheet

Jackson will blow up by fall.

Future Patriots QB

Looks like he could tighten up that delivery a bit. He really pushes the ball down the field. On 3rd down & in general. Arm looks like it can touch 60+ if need be pretty easy.

Last edited:
thanks so much BGC for all these nuggets!

depth, few clear frontrunners and loads of draft capital should make this a really exciting PTP draft year ..
Np.

Anyone catch ur eye so far or someone you have been watching since last year?

JoJo Micintosh is a fierce hitter, the enforcer of that secondary which could be pretty sweet this year. He always has shown pretty good instincts & processing speed thus far at UW. Rapp, Murphy, Miller & Bryant

Np.

Anyone catch ur eye so far or someone you have been watching since last year?

Darian Roseboro might be worth adding to the list. I liked him in 2016, didn't follow as much last yr when his prod. dropped but after 3 yrs of being significant rotational player he'll be starter and leader of NC St D-line. It will be interesting to see how he functions in that role w/o Chubb, Street..

Not the flashiest player, pretty much under the radar . but as far as measurables, play (rush&run) and character goes . deserves to be on esteemed PTP watch list..

Darian Roseboro: Analyzing NC State DE's Status for 2018 NFL Draft

http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/news/2017/courage171018.pdf

Not sure what to make of this re: Tyree Jackson:

Tyree Jackson stats at ESPN

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill