PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

maybe you can add Kaden Smith and Foster Moreau on your TE watchlist. Both seem Pat guys. Moreau is top returning run blocker..

In 2017, Moreau racked up 24 receptions for 278 yards, averaging 11.6 yards per catch. He also accounted for three LSU touchdowns. His 81.4 run blocking grade was number one among all FBS tight ends last season.

Moreau could easily be a front-runner to wear the honorable No. 18 jersey, awarded to players who excel as leaders both on and off the football field.

for some fun . how would you like this portion of new blood?
binkies will rise . so lets get them while we can ;)

30: R1P30
DL RAEKWON DAVIS, ALABAMA
36: R2P4
S KHALEKE HUDSON, MICHIGAN
62: R2P30
EDGE ZACH ALLEN, BOSTON COLLEGE
83: R3P19
QB WILL GRIER, WVU
100: R3P36
LB DEVIN BUSH, MICHIGAN
103: R3P39
CB DEANDRE BAKER, GEORGIA
133: R4P30
WR HUNTER RENFOW, CLEMSON
171: R5P30
TE C.J. CONRAD, KENTUCKY
210: R6P35
LB CHRISTIAN MILLER, ALABAMA
248: R7P30
EDGE DARIAN ROSEBORO, NC STATE
250: R7P32
WR CODY THOMPSON, TOLEDO
253: R7P35
DL DAYLON MACK, TEXAS A&M

for some fun . how would you like this portion of new blood?
binkies will rise . so lets get them while we can ;)

30: R1P30
DL RAEKWON DAVIS, ALABAMA
36: R2P4
S KHALEKE HUDSON, MICHIGAN
62: R2P30
EDGE ZACH ALLEN, BOSTON COLLEGE
83: R3P19
QB WILL GRIER, WVU
100: R3P36
LB DEVIN BUSH, MICHIGAN
103: R3P39
CB DEANDRE BAKER, GEORGIA
133: R4P30
WR HUNTER RENFOW, CLEMSON
171: R5P30
TE C.J. CONRAD, KENTUCKY
210: R6P35
LB CHRISTIAN MILLER, ALABAMA
248: R7P30
EDGE DARIAN ROSEBORO, NC STATE
250: R7P32
WR CODY THOMPSON, TOLEDO
253: R7P35
DL DAYLON MACK, TEXAS A&M
I'm a big Zach Allen fan. He's a brute out there. I have a feeling he has a big year & could very well be a 1st rd'r.

I like Hudson he's an interesting guy. Played many different positions since high school. Smart player. He's a heady player in zone, comfortable underneath. I know Michigan has had him in a Rover type role they call Viper. Him & Bush are def two guys that will get plenty of looks.

Like Baker & Thompson as well.

I'm in the middle of Jones rn. Updated the doc report for him for anyone that wanted to check it out. Very comfy throwing on the run. Mobile. Has the strength to push it downfield, make the far hash throw & throw w/ touch. Can go throw progressions in a clean pocket or on the run. Inconsistent & streaky at times but he resembles a few guys I don't wanna say bc there big names & at this point he has to show a lot more but he has some tools for sure. Smart, team captain. Tough.

I could see us returning to the well with another UGA player next year. He often stood out to me in games when they absolutely needed a stop or turnover.
Oh yea, no doubt. He got my eye. He's a big time competitor

Devin White is someone that will be blowing up soon if you haven't heard of him yet. Freaky athletic w/ real s2s speed & physicality to meet & take on the big boys up front. He's a force out there, 3 down player. No hesitation at all.

Last edited:
I took a quick look at 5 QB's you should know before the year & also talked w/ Tre Watson. Illinois transfer at Maryland now looking to fill the intensity & physicality that left w/ Carter this past draft.

Also if you're on twitter fit up me @j_fid & @midwestpatsfan Always nice to have other pat fans on there, its rough at times.

Just like his brother Bosa is fantastic at taking away his opponents hands w/ arm bars, swats & chops. Both just great tech wise. He's an easy lottery player.

lol just forklifts his arms tf out the way

Bosa is so good. His power game is great but his 1/2 man game is so sweet. Seemingly always has a plan.

Last edited:
Drew Lock has arm talent. Not much he can't do w/ it whether its making a 60 yard bomb, lobbing it over a defenders head, back shoulder touch, zipping it through coverage. Problem is he's prob had this talent since 7 & really never had to use anything else to win. Very similar to Josh Allen in many respects including staring down wr's, dec making & inaccuracy.

Will Polian & 1,000,000 others call for to play WR???

On thing that really bother watching Lock I haven't heard brought up yet is his lower half just doesn't move at times. Now that's fine, if he was tossing 66% & moving his head like a clock but hes a dead duck once his feet stops. Feet stops = play stops most of the time regardless of position.
I see some transfer of weight but this more in terms of locking onto a wr & just not being able to go to plan B bc your mechanics are stuck so to speak in one direction.

Plenty of good. Again his arm talent is real. Placement, touch, strength, adjustment of speed/tempo. I have to see a lot more though for a lottery pick tho. Some good

Rn I think its a give & take in terms of poor supporting cast or poor dec making by QB

I'm going to start a QB thread in a few months when I get a handle on the top 10-15 guys but Stanley will be at the top of my list for sure.
+Arm Talent, touch on deep, velocity, strength, but tempo of short/inter has to be better

Very good on the run, has playing experience & good U/C, S/G

Very good mechanics both upper & lower. Soft bouncy feet.

At times very good going through reads.

Looks the part out there. Big guy that move well but has to get stronger.

Has to develop a better feel in the pocket ahead.

This is his 4th-5th start, ever.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back