PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

He has a pretty stab/snatch w some sweet variations to it. Shows some good burst on the other.

You see this body control, hand/eye coordination from Mims often

He has a pretty stab/snatch w some sweet variations to it. Shows some good burst on the other.

Sweat hasn't played a ton of games, either. Check this out:

upload_2018-10-8_15-0-14.png

He's only played in 20 career games, and already has 19.5 sacks and 26.5 TFL. That's incredible production on a per game ratio. He's got great arm length and uses them pretty well for a relatively inexperienced player. I think his best football is still to come.

Was looking at some OL bc the group as a whole looks pretty thin to be nice.

Brought up Prescod & Bradbury from NCST & was reminded ...

Sweat hasn't played a ton of games, either. Check this out:

View attachment 21457

He's only played in 20 career games, and already has 19.5 sacks and 26.5 TFL. That's incredible production on a per game ratio. He's got great arm length and uses them pretty well for a relatively inexperienced player. I think his best football is still to come.
Big fan before the draft & he's had a great year so far tbh. Even against Risner who probably won't the battle. He beat him more than a few tines. Looked into him recently. Not a bendy guy, high cut but has a bunch of different ways to get to the QB. First step is vg when he can really T-Off. not Would like to see him be faster to counter in rush but he's a top 25 guy for me rn.

Btw I'm gone steal that stat info u found

Last edited:
Big fan before the draft & he's had a great year so far tbh. Even against Risner who probably won't the battle. He beat him more than a few tines. Looked into him recently. Not a bendy guy, high cut but has a bunch of different ways to get to the QB. First step is vg when he can really T-Off. not Would like to see him be faster to counter in rush but he's a top 25 guy for me rn.

Btw I'm gone steal that stat info u found

Sure thing! I took a screen grab from here, if you want to credit the source: Montez Sweat College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Bradbury gets the reach but Sculthorpe, back-up C, gets the pancake on the LB. Great IOL

Supposedly Ledford (OL Coach) is a coveted coach.

Last edited:
Have you looked into Jaylon Ferguson much? I'm not always convinced that he's the best athlete, but he's very good at maintaining leverage and finding his way to the ball. Oh, and his career numbers are eye-popping. He's already got 49.5 TFLs and 33.5 sacks with 6 FFs. He could easily hit 60 / 40 for TFLs and sacks before the year is over. Really intriguing guy who might be a fit for the Patriots defense. I don't know if he'll go as high as some of the other edge defenders, because he doesn't have that lightening quick first step, but he's a leverage + hands player who brings some pop on contact despite a still-developing frame.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Sweat has crazy moves ...

I get a Chandler Jones, unique, crafty kinda vibe.

Have you looked into Jaylon Ferguson much? I'm not always convinced that he's the best athlete, but he's very good at maintaining leverage and finding his way to the ball. Oh, and his career numbers are eye-popping. He's already got 49.5 TFLs and 33.5 sacks with 6 FFs. He could easily hit 60 / 40 for TFLs and sacks before the year is over. Really intriguing guy who might be a fit for the Patriots defense. I don't know if he'll go as high as some of the other edge defenders, because he doesn't have that lightening quick first step, but he's a leverage + hands player who brings some pop on contact despite a still-developing frame.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Feel like he's been in that 2-4 range for 2 years now? Reminds me of Allen in terms of guys that have flashed but not put it all together throughout a season.
He has very strong hands. Like the way he can disengage at times. Like you said can play w vg leverage. I haven't seen too much this year but I didn't see a "man w a plan" as much as I would have liked to. Makes it a fight too often for my liking considering the player. He'll get boxed in w a guy too easy.

When he does come correct & gets a good jump on the snap hes capable of doing some work. Great motor. You know he's coming 100% almost every snap. At times uses a nice chop.

I definitely haven't lived in yet although I'm going to start putting together reports this week.

Definitely fits the Pat's mold at the position from a size standpoint.

Elgton Jenkins & Bradbury have been so f'n good it's not funny. Man I love the love the way the play. The power, speed, athleticism, IQ/awareness & toughness is crazy. Bradbury just put on a show I'm gone get to in the notes but my goodness that IOL NC ST is nuts.

Shout out to @reamer for that crazy stat on Sweat...That's insane production. He stays healthy he's on pace for around 25 sacks/30-34 TFL in the last 2 years.

Kentucky have their best defense ever. It's not talked about enough but their playing great.
Josh Allen has been great. Plays w that juice you want on the edge. Dropped into coverage over 130 times last 2 years & counting. Made some + plays in the run game. He has multiple stretches w + 3 down ability.

Derrick Baity is a long, tough corner w good ball skills. 6'1-6'2 w some length. Wants to be a playmaker & is at times. Blows up screens, likes to physical in the run game.

Mike Edwards is a versatile SS/Nickel who lead the team in INT/tackles last year. Something that hasn't been done in a long time there. Has like 17 TFL & counting in 4 years there.

Ben Burr-Kirvin is another LB to watch as well. Light at 230 but he's so smart. So good at getting where he needs to be his way bc again he's a smaller back. Does everything pretty well.

Not 2019 related but UG gone have 2 studs at CB next year in Campbell, who's starting & Stokes could be so good. Lecounte will be back. That secondary looks scary.

Ben Humphrey's is also playing great. Him & JGH have balled out all year.

Gerald Willis has been the best IDL no one's talking about. Rashad Lawrence too. Both deserve love. Both are very aggressive & have no chill in them. Motor, hands, ability to knife/contort to get through the bodies.

Bryce Hall definitely deserves a mention. Fiesty, no back corner from Virginia.

Chris Lindstrom is one of the most physical OL in the country. If he gets his hands on you he's not happy until hes running you into the ground. Love his finish & hands.

Quietly had a vg year

NC ST/BC

Bradbury was tremendous. He really put on a show.

His feet were so quick. Foot firing, shuffling, very quick getting into position. BalancedVery impressive!

He reached & pancaked about 10 guys. Would pick up the blitz w his opposite hand & stay on original block.

*Quick feet* again choppy, strong steps on combos up to 2nd level before peeling off. Active through blocks in pp.

Always looking for work & will hit to whistle.Ran behind him on gl a few times. He picked almost every blitz & even ones that he wasn't responsible for gaps over. So good.

I love the speed at which he plays. Everything is quick, fluid & natural.

11 WR Meyers is having a game. Going up & getting the ball. Down to the ground. Harmon is a sideline monster. Hands, body control, awareness/feet. He's a great 50/50 guy. Both guys displayed + traits. Harmon is so comfortable along the sidelines.

14 for NC has made a few + plays in coverage.

Pratt is also having a nice game. Really liked what I saw from him even when the play wasn't near him. Did his job covering his area. Quick feet, loose hips, good size. Few miscues but he good be really good.

Finley made some dumb plays when pressured that lead to INT's. Looks great in a clean pocket, can move a lil but idk how he handles NFL speed/pressure. Some really sweet passes though.

71 Sculthorpe was hurting dudes. Big, long, strong hands. Just running dudes into the ground on the 2nd level.

Iowa

Stanley was impressive again. He's been pushing the ball down the field & keeping accuracy, placement/touch on point. Spreading the ball around to different targets. Going through a few reads.

U-C, Gun, on the move but he's getting the ball down the field. Footwork needs to tighten up. He has do everything faster but the fire burns for this guy.

He delivered 5-6 passes for big gains/TDs that were put in a spot only his guy could make a play.

Avoided the rush/spun around, on the move, play broke down just looking for a target. Finds back pylon for TD.

Timing was down on roll outs, drop-backs, p/a.

He's been great the past few weeks. Size. +Arm talent. Versatility in terms of what you can do w him at QB.

Fant was great. Stanley delivered a beautiful ball in the mid-section & Fant did an amazing job staying disciplined w his eyes/hands & not letting the defender know the ball was coming.
His speed is legit. 87 does is great at keeping his balance/speed while planting/cutting. He's so big, his stride length is so long. It's extremely hard to keep up w him.

Hock was vg too. He didn't jump out the gym but he went & got that ball. Showed some vg speed. Can't wait for measurements but he's fun.

Easely is another guy always seems to have a few + plays.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back