PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

Talked about Wren before. This is a big dude that always shoots low w high hands

Ball St/ND

Only watched Neal but it's tough to downgrade him on this performance. His receivers were a mess & did him zero favors. There were at least two or three occasions with bigger, more talented players would have absolutely made a difference on some routes. No bodying on slants/fades, mistimed plays, just not on the same page on more than a few occasions. Supporting cast wasn't there.

Hall left one or two players out there, specifically on a back-shoulder fade in the first half. Lacanaria stepped out of bounds on what would have been a huge play to make it a one-score game. More than a few of these examples to go around.

14 to 3 at halftime and again there was plenty of plays left out there by his wrs to be made.

Faced with constant pressure. Whether it was up the middle, edge, delayed, somebody that's always in his face. Constantly moved off his spot. Pretty much any time Notre Dame play bump and run the skill guys just had nothing, couldn't adjust.

Stanford/USC

Spoke about it last week but Stanford is just one of those teams that just recruits their guys/program so well.

The heart of the offense is definitely the OL/TE who do a fantastic job pass blocking & putting the best trio of WR/TE/RB in the nation in a great position to succeed. Again those guys on the OL/TE deserve a ton of credit.

This lead to a Very efficient game from Costello. He did a good job at moving the ball around to Smith, JJ, Irwin, and Parkinson

Got production across the board from the DL to secondary. Pressures, sacks, pass touched. Defense played good & could've been better. They tightened as the game went on. Havent given up a TD in almost 8 qrs I believe.

Idebo CB, is someone to watch going forward.

Special teams also played great. Esp in the punting game.

They have to stop running on obvious downs & open the passing game more but this offense could be a well oiled machine if things click right. Get creative.

USC played very well on defense but the offense is a mess from what I saw.

Just a bland offense with no attempt of window dressing to help the run/pass game. They don't even bother to help themselves w formations, bunches/stacks, motion etc.

They have to get an identity in terms of blocking as well. Their not a zone team & again have to play to their strengths.

Clemson/A&M

Perfect example of the tale of two halves. At times it look like Clemson was going to pull away, especially up until the fumble late in the second quarter but A&M just held on. And just when the offense got going, the defense looked a little gassed and quite frankly A&M just made plays. Mond to Rodgers. That entire offense stepped up just when they were needed the most. Mond himself & his weapons made some terrific plays to make a comeback. 333 in the 2nd half.

Credit Bryant for having to resolve to Come Back In after Lawrence got the call in a second half and making enough please to come up with a victory and a very very tough place to play.

Still though on offense and defense Clemson shined at times. I would like to see more Etienne & effort to attack the mof on offense.

UG/South Carolina

I love college ball for a ton of reasons but this type of game is a big why. Obviously it's only week 2 but this was clearly statement game & again one of many reasons we love college football.

I have to give Smart a ton of credit here. He brought in a lot of new guys, had a lot of talent leave & the dogs were ready.

Esp on defense in the secondary. Like usual they were fast & on point. Baker INT was a perfect example of that. I thought he flagged on a 50/50 type call that could've went either way, I didn't care for it but the guy is so smart.

Last week I brought Tyson Campbell & Reed. JR absolutely showed up. Physical player but he's always in the right spot. That secondary as a group is so tight.

The best might've been Richard LaCounte. He really covered up some mistakes by the LB'S in coverage but I also noticed a few LB's being too late diagnosing the run as well.

On offense a UG WR made a name for himself showing up for the 2nd week in a row. Instead of Debo Samuel it was Mecole Hardman showing out w 6 & 100+ yards & TD.

Again this was Georgias talent & preparation stepping up & making a statement.

They took away USC strength, elminating the deep ball, stopping the run & Bentley just isn't the guy to crave up a defense w his 2/3 reads.

2nd half UG just lined up & said we're bigger /faster than you. They have a huge OL.

Mich St/Ari St

Michigan State's problems along the offensive line look real. It didn't matter who it was but Lewerake was running, evading Defenders all night. I think we all seen that Wren clip and that was definitely a microcosm of this game. Michigan State just couldn't get anything going on the ground, 63 rushing yards & subsequently had lewerke looking around all night to see where the next Defender was coming from.

On offense Arizona State wanted to run the Spartans around & did so making them go east to west in the first half. weather factor was huge. This was more than evident in the second half when the heat and exhaustion was on display from Michigan State.

Justin Layne & Cody White where lone bright spots for Michigan State. Layne did an admirable job on Harry up until the end one of the few bright spots for Michigan State.

Miss St/KST

Mixed bag but good enough for Fitz.

11 of 27 for 154 yards and two touchdowns

Fitz has made a few nice passes from pressure which didn't connect but a few on target on rollouts.

Including Fitz to hill, drop.

Definitely some over throws, off target, poor int.

He has to stay clean & healthy. Both him & play calling put him in bad position, he takes a beating. I mean that's who he is but I think they'll get a lil better hopefully maturing as an offense/collective unit.

Hand offs, short stuff, keepers etc Talked about it a few times but potential is there for a ball control/explosive plays from running/off play action

Hill was great. Explosive, powerful & balanced. Deadly in open field. Take advantage going forward. You don't need to be great. VG w this defense could be scary.

Going forward things to clean up

Have to connect through the air on those chunk plays & clean up the flags.

Defense swarmed to the ball. I have to mention the depth across the DL bc it was evident throughout the first 2 games. Sweat & Simmons are 1st Rd guys, maybe top10-15 but Green, Rivers, Hoyett & co are players. Peters & Abram are their Playmakers in the back half.

Lots of potential going forward. Huge stretch coming up.

KST was just sloppy, unusually undisciplined & again that QB situation gives no confidence going forward. Past few games are filled w penalties, TO's etc. Not KST football.

Offense looks like a team w 0 identity or plan to keep up w anyone.

Msst. converted on 7 of 12 third downs (58 percent) and held KSU to just 3 of 12 (25 percent).

KST ran for 3.8 while giving up almost 300. for 8.2 to MS ST.

Barely managed 200 total yards.

Again QB situation w nothing to build on, can't stop the run or run the ball.

Love this thread. Keep it up bro. Best draft resource around imo.
Appreciate it. Gone try to stick to this one/A22 ones for the most part I think.

At times best player on the field for I ST

Athleticism at 6'6/225

Last edited:
Terrill Hanks is someone to keep an eye as a mid-late Rd guy. Knack for coming up w some huge plays. Tipped passes, "Ankle INT"/INT, pressures the QB, run stuffs. Does a lil bit of everything. Plays run, rushes, covers. Played a ton of man. Comfortable in space at times. Athletic will be huge for him.

Dude always comes out low w high hands

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back