PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Awesomeness: Malcolm Butler pimps Bill Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, benching your starting cornerback, who played nearly every snap of the season, for the entire Super Bowl while your defense gets annihilated because he wasn’t “100 % dialed in” isn’t reasonable. It’s utter nonsense.
Especially when the poster you’re responding to has already admitted they would have probably won with him in. That poster has convinced himself he’d rather have had a more disciplined team on the field than Lombardi #6 and then sending said player packing afterward.

BTW even WITH Butler, we were facing a superior team with a quarterback who was in the zone at that moment in time in a way I've only ever seen before from Brady. Our defense was outmatched even with Butler in the field and Foles was on fire. you can assume nothing about how the outcome of the game might change

Also I won't dismiss the possibility that there was a valid reason not to play Butler that everyone's keeping quiet about, until Bill has been retired for years and writes his memoirs and makes a clean breast about SB52. It's a logical fallacy that because no reason was given, there was no reason. There was a reason. Bill Belichick does not do things like this without a reason. And until we know what the reason was, we CAN'T argue about the Butler benching with anything other than opinion, speculation and Monday morning coaching. That and 2 bucks will buy you a bag of potato chips.

The problem with all of those words is that nobody has come up with even a hypothetical that justifies the decision. It’s just asinine pupu platters of not being “dialed in” or similar nonsense.

That is wrong. You have not accepted the valid hypotheticals but they certainly have been offered and have been reasonable.

No, benching your starting cornerback, who played nearly every snap of the season, for the entire Super Bowl while your defense gets annihilated because he wasn’t “100 % dialed in” isn’t reasonable. It’s utter nonsense.

Especially when the poster you’re responding to has already admitted they would have probably won with him in. That poster has convinced himself he’d rather have had a more disciplined team on the field than Lombardi #6 and then sending said player packing afterward.

ar131070344825846.jpg

And that is how it is done, obviously Butler learned more than just on field technique from the Patriot Way. There are plenty of players and ex-players that could learn from his example but Sherman and T.O. in particular should take note, regardless of how it may seem in a given moment you do not in fact get the best light from a burning bridge. As in most cases, the best of all possible outcomes lies in living well.
Upset Ty Law: 'I no longer want to be a Patriot'
images

"That bridge is burned. I no longer want to be a Patriot. I can't even see myself putting on that uniform again, that's how bad I feel about playing here."

"irreconcilable differences"

"lied to"

"an insult" and "a slap in the face."

"Hell, we all gotta eat."

The problem with all of those words is that nobody has come up with even a hypothetical that justifies the decision. It’s just asinine pupu platters of not being “dialed in” or similar nonsense.
I just felt like interjecting that Billy Sullivan did make some good, wise decisions, including:

-Hiring Chuck Fairbanks from OU

-Keeping our logo and uni's

-Bringing Dante Scarnecchia here from SMU

...this led to a LOT of winning

Upset Ty Law: 'I no longer want to be a Patriot'
images

"That bridge is burned. I no longer want to be a Patriot. I can't even see myself putting on that uniform again, that's how bad I feel about playing here."

"irreconcilable differences"

"lied to"

"an insult" and "a slap in the face."

"Hell, we all gotta eat."
You do understand he had a career threatening injury that he was not recovered from and wanted top corner $ any way right?

Benching Malcolm will go down as a biggest blunder of BBs coaching career. Its right up there in Boston sports history with the trading Bobby Orr and Babe Ruth. Leaving Pedro in the game.

Belichick the Head Coach has failed Belichick the GM. Time to hang up the whistle.
Billy the GM has failed Billy the HC more often than the other way, but you are correct that, on February 4th 2018 Billy the HC failed us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back