PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Awesomeness: Malcolm Butler pimps Bill Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal growth is never a straight line upward, Grasshopper. :cool:

So proud of Malcolm Butler.
beer.gif

Last edited:
It's always a good lesson to learn that, no matter how angry you are with a boss, co-worker, or partner (professional), it is best to keep the bridge intact. We know so little about what happened with Malcolm, so he may very well harbor no grudge over the whole thing, but even if he does the right thing to do is focus on the positives. You never know down the road who will be your only opportunity to keep playing.

Especially interesting when you compare what Butler says about his former team to what Sherman says about his.

This article is worthwhile for more reasons than Butler. What Sherman is doing here is a subtle taking back of the intellectual capital about how to play football in the NFL. The knowledge they are sharing, across teams, has been pretty much exclusively distributed by coaching staffs, and primarily shared between players on the same teams. He's creating an institution that puts the position and the players first.

If Gilmore attends this next year, and openly shares his thinking about how to play certain routes, how to play certain receivers, etc., with Joe Haden and Trumaine Johnson and others, that's going to create some tension.

And I have to say, I like it if it becomes a trend. Its going to create more conversation about players' rights of association and speech vs. the NFL's rights as employers, which in the end is a good thing, even if awkward while it happens.

And that is how it is done, obviously Butler learned more than just on field technique from the Patriot Way. There are plenty of players and ex-players that could learn from his example but Sherman and T.O. in particular should take note, regardless of how it may seem in a given moment you do not in fact get the best light from a burning bridge. As in most cases, the best of all possible outcomes lies in living well.

This is great and all but I must ask, why isn’t this added into the Malcolm butler mega thread?

All this article did was make the benching of Butler even wore mind boggling given the stat of him defending teams fastest receivers.

So there was nobody on the Eagles that he could have defended that day? :rolleyes:

All this article did was make the benching of Butler even wore mind boggling given the stat of him defending teams fastest receivers.

So there was nobody on the Eagles that he could have defended that day? :rolleyes:

Not if the "sources" and "Rumors" are to be believed.

I found this interesting:

"In fact, Butler’s strongest moments in 2017 came when he was tasked with shadowing the other team's fastest receiver. When Butler was asked to follow DeSean Jackson, Robby Anderson, Emmanuel Sanders, Amari Cooper and Deonte Thompson (twice), quarterbacks completed only 48.8% of passes against him..."

Good article considering it's the dregs of the offseason. We may survive the loss of Peter King after all.

Butler is on to winning as a titan, next question.

This is great and all but I must ask, why isn’t this added into the Malcolm butler mega thread?

Ummm...

Perhaps because highlighting the revolutionary philosophy of The Patriots Way, and celebrating the shocking and astonishing rebirth of Malcolm Butler, not as a Disgruntled X Employee, but as a man, who, despite a spectacularly horrific ending to his hitherto magical stay, here in Foxboro, has reemerged, not decades later, but weeks later, as an evangelist of the Patriots Way, is uplifting, amazing, and flat out magical?? o_O

For Butler to speak in such terms, mere months after the horrific and mysterious debacle that hastened his exit and cost us a Championship, has no historical precedent.

Mad Bill is a flawed genius...But just because he's flawed doesn't mean he has a peer.

Malcolm Butler will be beloved by anyone around here with any heart or soul...forever.

Even so: I, for one, was prepared for never a kind word to be said by either one about the other, should we all live another thousand years...And any student of human nature acknowledges that when Rapprochement happens, it usually happens decades after the fact, when most'f us can barely remember what the big deal was, in the first place.

For Butler ~ a young and intensely emotional man, on top of all the drama ~ to get in front of a mike and laud Mad Bill, only months after all that, and while we're all still acclimating ourselves to that debacle...is essentially unprecedented...in anything. :eek:

For Butler to do that...takes astonishing, historical Character.

He just pushed the envelope of the human Spirit.

So, yeah: I felt that that warranted a thread. ;)

Ummm...

Perhaps because highlighting the revolutionary philosophy of The Patriots Way, and celebrating the shocking and astonishing rebirth of Malcolm Butler, not as a Disgruntled X Employee, but as a man, who, despite a spectacularly horrific ending to his hitherto magical stay, here in Foxboro, has reemerged, not decades later, but weeks later, as an evangelist of the Patriots Way, is uplifting, amazing, and flat out magical?? o_O

For Butler to speak in such terms, mere months after the horrific and mysterious debacle that hastened his exit and cost us a Championship, has no historical precedent.

Mad Bill is a flawed genius...But just because he's flawed doesn't mean he has a peer.

Malcolm Butler will be beloved by anyone around here with any heart or soul...forever.

Even so: I, for one, was prepared for never a kind word to be said by either one about the other, should we all live another thousand years...And any student of human nature acknowledges that when Rapprochement happens, it usually happens decades after the fact, when most'f us can barely remember what the big deal was, in the first place.

For Butler ~ a young and intensely emotional man, on top of all the drama ~ to get in front of a mike and laud Mad Bill, only months after all that, and while we're all still acclimating ourselves to that debacle...is essentially unprecedented...in anything. :eek:

For Butler to do that...takes astonishing, historical Character.

He just pushed the envelope of the human Spirit.

So, yeah: I felt that that warranted a thread. ;)

Well said.

And not to sidetrack this thread into one about thread management policy, but I think it's a good idea to allow new threads when the news being discussed is a major tonal shift from the larger thread that already exists. I haven't visited the Butler Mega-Thread in a while, but the general theme there was always, "Why did this happen!? I'm so angry!" when I was there. This thread, while also about Butler, has a very different purpose and feel to it. I think it should stand on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes