PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante goes off on Bill/Pats organization

i just wrote that FA hasn't been a help for us in my initial post on this matter. I don't think this narrative about Asante killing Bill will have any impact on the team.

The guys in Philly sure aren't having a lot more fun any more either. For that matter, Asante had a pretty brutal relationship with people in Philly.
Maybe they haven't been a help because BB never brought anyone but mid tier guys (with a few exceptions). I don't see anything changing this season, even now that he has a lot of cash and no talent.

**** Asante, and **** his perfect season choke job. Maybe if you'd learn to tackle, Bill might have been willing to pay you a little more.

It's somewhat amusing how most here hold one player 100% responsible for the loss of a SB over one play (lol).

Yet those same people say nothing about a decision "over an entire football game" by the HC that caused the loss of another SB. One's a bum the other a hero.

Then, after possibly the worse GM decision made in the modern NFL, letting the GOAT QB walk with a (ZERO) back-up plan consisting of a newbie QB in the wings that the coaching staff had no confidence in; the HC is again assailed as a hero for what he did 19 years ago, even when that includes the aforementioned cardinal sin in LII. Lmao

It's somewhat amusing how most here hold one player 100% responsible for the loss of a SB over one play (lol).

Yet those same people say nothing about a decision "over an entire football game" by the HC that caused the loss of another SB. One's a bum the other a hero.

Then, after possibly the worse GM decision made in the modern NFL, letting the GOAT QB walk with a (ZERO) back-up plan consisting of a newbie QB in the wings that the coaching staff had no confidence in; the HC is again assailed as a hero for what he did 19 years ago, even when that includes the aforementioned cardinal sin in LII. Lmao
BB is still with the team, and he's not done anything to make people think he's trying to leave yet. 10 years from now, when BB is retired, and he gives an interview that is in any way critical of the Patriots, the long knives will come for him.

He got the money.

Drafted 2003. Played out to 2006.

Franchised in 2007 and a big contract 2008 with Philly?

He's bitter because Belichick didn't value him and instead to having a media career that even Heath Evans had.....he's a nobody who only gains fame bad mouthing Belichick and getting the idiot section of patsfans riled.

See that's how reality works. You actually see what happened for just posting nonsense on patsfans.
The only one upset here is an idiot in Cleveland.

Pay attention.

Samuel averaged 2 million per season in NE.
Samuel averaged 9.5 million per season in Philly.

came here for YOU DROPPED AN INT 15 YEARS AGO...you guys do NOT disappoint

Could certainly argue this mentality is what led to the fanbase normalizing:
  • Brady writing a long, heartfelt letter and not even mentioning Belichick, an absolutely incredible snub.
  • Gronkowski willing to actually retire and give up $10M, even joining the WWE, rather than play for Belichick, even though Brady was still with the team.
These are not normal things that just happen and shouldn’t be brushed off as “the team and player had different goals, and the player is just bitter.” The fact is current players are never going to complain about the team writing their checks. But when former players like Ted Johnson, Danny Amendola, Asante Samuel, etc. offer criticism, it’s always met with a knee jerk ad hominem.
except the first bullet point is NOT true. Below is his twitter message from March 17th.
Your second point is true and I do agree overall that you can not call BB "beloved" by his former players.
THe question I have for you is did he help make the players who they are today by being tough and relentless?

“To all my teammates, coaches, executives and staff, Coach Belichick, RKK and the Kraft family and the entire organization. I want to say thank you for the past twenty years of my life and the daily commitment to winning and creating a winning culture built on great values. I am grateful for all that you have taught me — I have learned from everyone,” Brady said. “You all have allowed me to maximize my potential and that is all a player can ever hope for. Everything we accomplished brings me great joy and the lessons I have learned will carry on with me forever. I couldn’t be the man I am today without the relationships you have allowed me to build with you. I have benefited from all you have given me. I cherished every opportunity I had to be a part of our team, and I love you all for that. Our team has always set a great standard in pro sports and I know it will continue to do just that.”

Maybe they haven't been a help because BB never brought anyone but mid tier guys (with a few exceptions). I don't see anything changing this season, even now that he has a lot of cash and no talent.
Those mid-tier guys were key though. Whatever Bill did it won us a lot of Super Bowls.

Here are some blasts from the past: Grant Williams, Tom Ashworth, Bobby Hamilton, Otis Smith, Christian Fauria, David Patten, Mike Compton, Anthony Pleasant, Larry Izzo, Terrell Buckley, Antowain Smith, Roman Phifer, Keith Traylor, Reche Caldwell, Donte Stallworth, Kyle Brady, Rob Ninkovich, Andre Carter, Brian Waters, Brandon Lloyd, Ted Washington, Danny Amendola, Donald Thomas, Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, Jason McCourty, Jamie Collins II, Patrick Chung II, Jabar Gaffney, Deion Lewis, Danny Woodhead, Rex Burkhead, Legarette Blount, Ryan Wendell, Alan Branch, Brandon Browner, Chris Hogan, Chris Long, Martellus Bennett, Jabaal Sheard, Lawrence Guy, etc.

Last edited:
Those mid-tier guys were key though. Whatever Bill did it won us a lot of Super Bowls.

Here are some blasts from the past: Grant Williams, Bobby Hamilton, Otis Smith, Christian Fauria, David Patten, Mike Compton, Anthony Pleasant, Larry Izzo, Terrell Buckley, Antowain Smith, Roman Phifer, Keith Traylor, Reche Caldwell, Donte Stallworth, Kyle Brady, Rob Ninkovich, Andre Carter, Brian Waters, Brandon Lloyd, Ted Washington, Danny Amendola, Donald Thomas, Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, Jason McCourty, Jamie Collins II, Patrick Chung II, Jabar Gaffney, Deion Lewis, Danny Woodhead, Rex Burkhead, Legarette Blount, Ryan Wendell, Alan Branch, Brandon Browner, Chris Hogan, Chris Long, Martellus Bennett, Jabaal Sheard, Lawrence Guy, etc.

"Whatver Bill did" = Draft Tom Brady

Mid-tier guys are fine for a supporting cast. But you need elite players for them to support. I'm not in a position to go through all the SB winning teams and analyze their squad by "Elite", "Mid-tier", etc... today. But I'm pretty sure that anyone who did would find that SB winnings teams had elite players on them.

The last good CB we ever drafted before McDaniels screwed up our CB/WR drafting system.

Not to mention the great freeze over America MacDaniels ordered that has caused more than 20 deaths in Texas alone. MacDaniels has to go, and not just from New England but from planet earth. He’s a menace to society. Thanks so much for doing the deep dive into the MacDaniels black hole, and reporting your results every five minutes day after day after day.

"Whatver Bill did" = Draft Tom Brady

Mid-tier guys are fine for a supporting cast. But you need elite players for them to support. I'm not in a position to go through all the SB winning teams and analyze their squad by "Elite", "Mid-tier", etc... today. But I'm pretty sure that anyone who did would find that SB winnings teams had elite players on them.
Look at the list of players again. Some of those guys gave elite performances. Not just middling guys. Champions who came up big in the biggest moments:

David Patten, Roman Phifer, Rob Ninkovich, Ted Washington, Danny Amendola, Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, Jason McCourty, Jamie Collins II, Patrick Chung II, Rex Burkhead, Legarette Blount, Alan Branch, Brandon Browner, Chris Hogan, Chris Long, Martellus Bennett, Jabaal Sheard, Lawrence Guy..

We had elite players on the SB winning teams but most were drafted or traded for: Edelman, Wilfork, McGinest, Gronk, Seymour, Ty Law, D McCourty, Hightower, Chandler Jones, Talib, Koppen, Woody...

Only big money FAs on our SB winners were Revis and Gilmore.

except the first bullet point is NOT true. Below is his twitter message from March 17th.
Your second point is true and I do agree overall that you can not call BB "beloved" by his former players.
THe question I have for you is did he help make the players who they are today by being tough and relentless?

“To all my teammates, coaches, executives and staff, Coach Belichick, RKK and the Kraft family and the entire organization. I want to say thank you for the past twenty years of my life and the daily commitment to winning and creating a winning culture built on great values. I am grateful for all that you have taught me — I have learned from everyone,” Brady said. “You all have allowed me to maximize my potential and that is all a player can ever hope for. Everything we accomplished brings me great joy and the lessons I have learned will carry on with me forever. I couldn’t be the man I am today without the relationships you have allowed me to build with you. I have benefited from all you have given me. I cherished every opportunity I had to be a part of our team, and I love you all for that. Our team has always set a great standard in pro sports and I know it will continue to do just that.”

I was referring to The Player’s Tribune essay he wrote. I should amend my statement to say he “mentions” him in both the press release and very beginning of the essay, but the essay is over 2,500 words.

Look at the list of players again. Some of those guys gave elite performances. Not just middling guys. Champions who came up big in the biggest moments:

David Patten, Roman Phifer, Rob Ninkovich, Ted Washington, Danny Amendola, Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, Jason McCourty, Jamie Collins II, Patrick Chung II, Rex Burkhead, Legarette Blount, Alan Branch, Brandon Browner, Chris Hogan, Chris Long, Martellus Bennett, Jabaal Sheard, Lawrence Guy..

We had elite players on the SB winning teams but most were drafted or traded for: Edelman, Wilfork, McGinest, Gronk, Seymour, Ty Law, D McCourty, Hightower, Chandler Jones, Talib, Koppen, Woody...

Only big money FAs on our SB winners were Revis and Gilmore.
My point is about today, though. Yesterday, there was always Brady to start with, and we could haggle on from there. This team doesn't have elite players right now.

Since we don't know what's going on with Gilmore, let's leave him out of the discussion. Now, having done that, list all the (currently) elite players currently on the New England Patriots.

Since we don't know what's going on with Gilmore, let's leave him out of the discussion. Now, having done that, list all the (currently) elite players currently on the New England Patriots.
I'll bite. Thuney is the closest thing to it, but he's technically not on the roster. DMac and JC Jackson are the 2nd closest. With that being said, there's none.

Oh wait, would Jake Bailey and Gunner be considered elite since they made All-Pro?

I'll bite. Thuney is the closest thing to it, but he's technically not on the roster. DMac and JC Jackson are the 2nd closest. With that being said, there's none.

Oh wait, would Jake Bailey and Gunner be considered elite since they made All-Pro?

That, in a nutshell, is the problem with the idea of BB ignoring elite players in free agency right now.

Could certainly argue this mentality is what led to the fanbase normalizing:
  • Brady writing a long, heartfelt letter and not even mentioning Belichick, an absolutely incredible snub.
  • Gronkowski willing to actually retire and give up $10M, even joining the WWE, rather than play for Belichick, even though Brady was still with the team.
These are not normal things that just happen and shouldn’t be brushed off as “the team and player had different goals, and the player is just bitter.” The fact is current players are never going to complain about the team writing their checks. But when former players like Ted Johnson, Danny Amendola, Asante Samuel, etc. offer criticism, it’s always met with a knee jerk ad hominem.
Perhaps you aren't old enough to know anything about what Bradshaw (or frankly all the team) thought of Chuck Noll or what Roger Staubach thought of Tom Landry or What Johhny Unitas or Mercury Morris thought of Don Shula or Vince Lombardi shipping Jim Taylor out after a contract dispute or Bill Walsh bringing in Steve Young while Montana was on the team or what the Cowboys thought of the platooning of Morton and Staubach or what players thought of George Halas or the feud between Marcus Allen and Al Davis or the long feud between Parcells and Simms

See these are normal things. How is this known? Simple, the reality of history shows it. It's happens with regular frequency. Russell Wilson and Aaron Rogers will be next.

Since being awake is perhaps a challenge, you might want to study up on Belichick's willingness to trade Gronkowski after 2017 or perhaps review overall Gronkowski performance circa. 2018 in the context of compensation vs value in the $10M range. You can access patsfans.com for applicable threads.

Notice that the voices in your head that told you that never bothered to notice all the real, actual examples that prove otherwise. For best bet is really review your entire process with especial care taken to actually study and acknowledge real, actual events.

My point is about today, though. Yesterday, there was always Brady to start with, and we could haggle on from there. This team doesn't have elite players right now.

But all the players I listed played at an elite level in the biggest games. The QB is super important, but what about all the guys on D?

As for the current Patriots, we're a young team. We need a QB. If in 2 or 3 years I came back here and you told me that Wynn, Mason, Onwenu, Myers, Damien Harris, Uche, Dugger, Winovich, maybe Terez Hall, JC Jackson, were playing at an elite level. I would not be surprised. If Marcus Mariota was a game managing QB that gave us 12 wins I would not be surprised. That Belichick signed 5 key FAs who filled holes at WR, LB, DE and DT, I would not be surprised.

I'm not expecting Super Bowl victories, but I do see how the master Belichick can put together a 12 win team here. We do have 10-14 young players we can build on. I don't think McCourty, Edelman and Hightower are going to be around for the rebuild. But we have a base. Now we need to do great in free agency and hit on that #15 pick in the draft.

I was referring to The Player’s Tribune essay he wrote. I should amend my statement to say he “mentions” him in both the press release and very beginning of the essay, but the essay is over 2,500 words.
He doesn't mention a single player over 20 years. He only discusses New England, his family, the region. Clearly, this is not a football piece. If he snubbed Bill in that article, it would only be if Bill took him on a tour of Nantucket on his boat.

The only one upset here is an idiot in Cleveland.

Pay attention.

Samuel averaged 2 million per season in NE.
Samuel averaged 9.5 million per season in Philly.

I'm not upset. I'm happy.

Why the name calling when the facts were presented?

Granted you seem furthest from the well informed type, but if who have conflicting information on the chain of events, please provide.

Granted you'll do the merciful thing for yourself and not respond but you might to review the concept of rookie contracts vs second contracts for 3rd round draft picks circa. 2003

Perhaps you aren't old enough to know anything about what Bradshaw (or frankly all the team) thought of Chuck Noll or what Roger Staubach thought of Tom Landry or What Johhny Unitas or Mercury Morris thought of Don Shula or Vince Lombardi shipping Jim Taylor out after a contract dispute or Bill Walsh bringing in Steve Young while Montana was on the team or what the Cowboys thought of the platooning of Morton and Staubach or what players thought of George Halas or the feud between Marcus Allen and Al Davis or the long feud between Parcells and Simms

See these are normal things. How is this known? Simple, the reality of history shows it. It's happens with regular frequency. Russell Wilson and Aaron Rogers will be next.

Since being awake is perhaps a challenge, you might want to study up on Belichick's willingness to trade Gronkowski after 2017 or perhaps review overall Gronkowski performance circa. 2018 in the context of compensation vs value in the $10M range. You can access patsfans.com for applicable threads.

Notice that the voices in your head that told you that never bothered to notice all the real, actual examples that prove otherwise. For best bet is really review your entire process with especial care taken to actually study and acknowledge real, actual events.

I know who you are...it’s obvious.

You’re a poster who was here pretty frequently screaming about how Brady would fail in Tampa and screaming in the political threads. It’s obvious it’s you because that screen name disappeared when yours surfaced...clearly this was your second account from awhile back. I see you’re too embarrassed to show up because you were soooooo wrong. Your attacking style and moronic points are are exactly the same.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back