PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are there 63 better quarterbacks in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's Tebow levels of distraction. It's not racism on the part of teams who passed on him and his collusion case is going to go nowhere.

I'm sure there's some racist fans who don't like him cause he's an uppity N-word in their eyes, but not on the part of teams who are loaded with black players and black coaches.

Here are teams with non-rookie QB draft picks who are starting, and are too young to give up on:

Rams
Titans
Bucs
Cowboys
Bears
Chiefs

That's another 6 slots gone, which takes us down to 23. To that, let's add QBs with non-rookie salaries who are secure because of trades to be the man and/or new deals, or hope and prayer among the front office:

Broncos
Redskins
Giants (hope and prayers!)

We're now down to 20 possible slots for Kaerpernick, regardless of scheme fit. Without getting too far into those 20 spots, let's look at a couple of them:

Cleveland - Cleveland already has Tyrod Taylor to go along with Mayfield. Why would they make the move, when Taylor can help serve as an example of a QB who emphasizes ball security?

Denver - While he's destined to be just a backup this season, Elway has signaled that he's not ready to give up on Paxton Lynch yet, and Kaepernick doesn't really reflect Keenum's game, so he'd probably not be a great fit as a backuop anyway.

Etc...

There are some openings where Kaepernick might make sense (See Jags, Seahawks backup, Dolphins, etc...), but the current number of spots that might make any real sense right now is much closer to 10 (more or less) than it is to 62.

The attributes you describe is something Brian Hoyer has shown he can't do.

In multiple stops, Hoyer's shown an ability to read defenses, work off first reads and be sufficiently accurate on throws within his range. Hoyer's problems revolve mostly around arm strength and getting overly worked up for the biggest games (which is actually something that more actual big game experience might have helped solve).

Hoyer is making 1.5 million,

Not even, in fact. It's $915,000 this year. OTOH, he is scheduled to make close to $3M next year, with $1.5M of that fully guaranteed.

In multiple stops, Hoyer's shown an ability to read defenses, work off first reads and be sufficiently accurate on throws within his range. Hoyer's problems revolve mostly around arm strength and getting overly worked up for the biggest games (which is actually something that more actual big game experience might have helped solve).
If that were the case, he wouldn't be on multiple teams. He can check down but anything over 10 yards and you're asking for trouble.

That's fine that we disagree on Hoyer's ability but it's tough to argue his 9 game losing streak last year that could have gone to 16 had the coaches not step in and finally end that nightmare. And it's pretty embarrassing that a rookie QB had more wins than him last year.

Last edited:
He's Tebow levels of distraction. It's not racism on the part of teams who passed on him and his collusion case is going to go nowhere.

I'm sure there's some racist fans who don't like him cause he's an uppity N-word in their eyes, but not on the part of teams who are loaded with black players and black coaches.
If Tebow was as good as Kaep he'd be in the league. Tebow wasn't out of the league because he was a distraction. He was out of the league because he sucked. He got chance after chance to develop into something and people implored him to be a full back where he'd be more successful. It wasn't really until Belichick gave up on him that the rest of the league just accepted he wouldn't become good enough.

People put up with the distraction and the poor play for an upside with Tebow.

If Tebow was as good as Kaep he'd be in the league. Tebow wasn't out of the league because he was a distraction. He was out of the league because he sucked. He got chance after chance to develop into something and people implored him to be a full back where he'd be more successful. It wasn't really until Belichick gave up on him that the rest of the league just accepted he wouldn't become good enough.

People put up with the distraction and the poor play for an upside with Tebow.
I sure loved watching him beat the Steelers in the playoffs!

People can talk ability, politics or 'fit' until they are blue in the face but the reality is business is business. Kaepernick's continued unemployment isn't about owners blackballing it's about fan backlash. The only color involved here is green.

WHO GIVES A FECK WHAT MARCO THE RINO RUBIO HAS TO SAY?!? FECK HIM, AND FECK KAEPERNICK TOO.

UN-FECKIN-BELIEVABLE.

We're really at the point where Marco Rubio, of all people, is a RINO?

The GOP purity test is ****ing bananas.

If that were the case, he wouldn't be on multiple teams.

That's obviously not true, as anyone who follows football knows that it doesn't work that way. Many QBs who can do those things bounce around, and many that can't are able to stay in one place.

He can check down but anything over 10 yards and you're asking for trouble.

Your distance is wrong, but you're referring to an arm strength issue there, which is what I was saying. Look, I get it. You don't like Hoyer. That's fine, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't strive for an analysis that's as unbiased as you can get it.

Hoyer has no arm problem.I've seen him up close over the seasons. What he has is a "hits" problem. He can't hold up over the course of the season.Once he's hurt his play drops significantly. Which is why he is a competent BACK-UP.

Steelers were injured to hell. He played a quality team and got massacred.
The point was the Steelers lost which is always a good thing.

That's obviously not true, as anyone who follows football knows that it doesn't work that way. Many QBs who can do those things bounce around, and many that can't are able to stay in one place.

Your distance is wrong, but you're referring to an arm strength issue there, which is what I was saying. Look, I get it. You don't like Hoyer. That's fine, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't strive for an analysis that's as unbiased as you can get it.
I actually need to take back what I said earlier. He's not even effective as a check down guy. In fact, he's really not effective at doing anything as shown in 9 games last year.

But there's really no point of arguing this as my original argument was not exactly about Hoyer. It's was that Kaep is not any good and he's a PR nightmare, therefore, teams will sign even worse guys due to this. Hoyer is obviously a better guy to have around the locker room and media than Kaep. Brady supposedly likes having Hoyer around. This was my point.

I actually need to take back what I said earlier. He's not even effective as a check down guy. In fact, he's really not effective at doing anything as shown in 9 games last year.

Hoyer's record as a starter, from 2013-2015: 15-10, including 10-6 for Cleveland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3