PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are there 63 better quarterbacks in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ungrateful Jihadi Marxist BLM maggot here (albeit one who doesn't really think toothless celebrity protest matters at all), but also a veteran who thinks they should stop with the whole anthem thing in the first place because gross displays of nationalism are, well, gross.

I mean, it's not even a good national anthem. If it was Battle Hymn of the Republic or This Land is Your Land or even America the Beautiful... sure, I could see wanting to hear it more...

Last edited:
You have zero free speech rights in the workplace. If I start protesting political issues while I am on the job, I get fired.
When your at work, do people around the country tune in to watch? I wouldn't burn the flag, refuse to cite the Pledge of Allegiance or kneel during the National Anthem. However, as Americans, I'm glad we have the freedom of speech. A "Justice for All" poster hangs on the wall of some establishments. That poster hangs due to sacrifices, sometimes life. Did they have zero free speech in the workplace to bring attention to their agenda? Comparing your job and that of an athlete is comparing apples to oranges.

When your at work, do people around the country tune in to watch? I wouldn't burn the flag, refuse to cite the Pledge of Allegiance or kneel during the National Anthem. However, as Americans, I'm glad we have the freedom of speech. A "Justice for All" poster hangs on the wall of some establishments. That poster hangs due to sacrifices, sometimes life. Did they have zero free speech in the workplace to bring attention to their agenda? Comparing your job and that of an athlete is comparing apples to oranges.

Cite me the Supreme Court case that says a famous person has more free speech rights in the workplace than an average citizen.

Cite me the Supreme Court case that says a famous person has more free speech rights in the workplace than an average citizen.
Huh.....Every Sunday millions of people tune in to watch football. The spotlight will focus on people with an agenda. That is why we are discussing kneeling or the NFL is changing its rules. Meanwhile, a worker is upset with their cubicle. Although, if they are being discriminated against they have an avenue to pursue. They just are not in the spotlight.

Am I missing the sarcasm here, or are you really like this?
No one thinks jihadists aren’t maggots. So at least he’s 1 for 3!! I’d toss in AntiFa members into the maggot pile.

Every time I saw a video of bikers clashing with AntiFa, I had to root for the bikers. And I’m not even a fan of biker gangs:p

Ungrateful Jihadi Marxist BLM maggot here (albeit one who doesn't really think toothless celebrity protest matters at all), but also a veteran who thinks they should stop with the whole anthem thing in the first place because gross displays of nationalism are, well, gross.

I mean, it's not even a good national anthem. If it was Battle Hymn of the Republic or This Land is Your Land or even America the Beautiful... sure, I could see wanting to hear it more...
I like our anthem, but we’re all entitled to our opinion. But I also wanted Yawkey Way to stay Yawkey Way

Marxism can’t work in the land of the free. But that’s another discussion.

I like our anthem, but we’re all entitled to our opinion. But I also wanted Yawkey Way to stay Yawkey Way.

Renaming things and the monuments are sort of whatever to me, just like the celebrity kneeling. People do it because it's an easy victory that can be won with a couple protests or, in a sympathetic place like Boston, some op-eds. I don't think it actually bends the arc of history towards justice, to borrow a phrase from Dr. King. Monuments and street names aren't the reason black people face systematic, generational impoverishment and discrimination. It's (relatively unimportant) symptom rather than cause.

I do find that my respect for a person is inversely related to how vocal they are about the kneeling or monuments, though, especially since the forces arrayed on one side include literal Klansmen and Nazis.

Renaming things and the monuments are sort of whatever to me, just like the celebrity kneeling. People do it because it's an easy victory that can be won with a couple protests or, in a sympathetic place like Boston, some op-eds. I don't think it actually bends the arc of history towards justice, to borrow a phrase from Dr. King. Monuments and street names aren't the reason black people face systematic, generational impoverishment and discrimination. It's (relatively unimportant) symptom rather than cause.

I do find that my respect for a person is inversely related to how vocal they are about the kneeling or monuments, though, especially since the forces arrayed on one side include literal Klansmen and Nazis.
I pay very little attention to any of the protesting or monument stuff. I see life as a gift and try to minimize negativity from the news.

I don’t even watch when when mass shootings happens. All I can do is live my life the best I can and treat others how I’d want to be treated. I tend to keep my world small as I can only be useful to those around me

I see happiness and a positive attitude as a choice. I’ve learned a lot from my parents generation. They lived through the Great Depression and WWII and lived full lives. They dealt with challenges I’ll never comprehend. Today, people seem to believe life isnt supposed to be difficult and challenging.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back