PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Patriots Actually Cheaters? A Rebuttal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please make and share them Birdman. I was admiring your (appropriately) thick skin up to this point.

If you've ever been in one of our gameday threads, we get a similar phenomenon there. Team will be down 7 points at halftime and people be like, "Hate to tell you this game is over."

Every. Damn. Week. Unbelievable.

I also noticed - specifically regarding awareness efforts - how people tried to make a few of us look like a laughingstock for pulling together probably too few pieces of information into a site devoted to denutting the camera placement narrative. (Edit - this was closer to 2008.)

We had both supporters and detractors here... but I remember too the exact same kind of rubbish as you're seeing here.

In fact, I have no idea how many people said "Don't even try." I cant honestly remember. But it seems like a lot of them. Negativity has a disproportionate impact somehow. Maybe there was one negative person for every 5 positive people. They're drains on human creativity and endeavor.

F*** THEM.

Make the videos. Post this one far and wide. Post a thousand of them. Tweet them, ask your viewers to make their own, whatevah.

I can't be "in" this time on the production end, but I'll be damned if I watch supposed fans trying to turn off your microphone.

Remember that we're all making little ripples, all the time. The butterfly's wings causing a hurricane thing. Make a bigger ripple. Get your stuff out there . Communicate. The worst thing that can happen is that somehow you, and you alone, manage to have no effect - the mathematic truth notwithstanding. (You almost certainly will have an effect, and you will possibly have a large effect.)

More than that you'll be doing what you want, having your say in a conversation.

Don't let a few "nothing ever changes anybody's mind" types knock you off track. Get your work in front of one "I didn't know that" type.

Just my 2 cents.

If I could like this post a thousand times....

Thank you so much for your post. It really means a lot...

That would be awesome!

And I have to be honest here: it really saddens me that people here are so down on this video. I spent (literally) 24 hours making it, fact checking, editing, recording my voice and I poured a lot of heart into it.

I guess I won't share Pats videos here anymore.
Had a chance to watch. Well made. Well done.

People want the cheating crap drowned out and not legitimized. I get it.

IMO you put time into defending the NEP. That counts.

F everyone else.

I look forward to the next one.

Do the Wells Report do the Wells Report... zoom in on that footnote that said "We just assumed the logo gauge was the non-logo gauge to fit the narrative..."

Whether he is that guy or not, it's too late for his legacy. That's how everyone outside of NE is going to remember him.

Mad Bill's Legacy is 100% pure, thank you.

The opinions of the scum who think otherwise are not worth swaying.

Do the Wells Report do the Wells Report... zoom in on that footnote that said "We just assumed the logo gauge was the non-logo gauge to fit the narrative..."

I’d have to really delve into that piece of...garbage and that’s a lot of energy I’d need to recover in order to do it.

I was not kidding when I said it took 24 literal hours of work on this video. Sitting in my desk chair literally made me feel ill and today I’ve spent the entire day lying down.

Feels great.

Please make and share them Birdman. I was admiring your (appropriately) thick skin up to this point.

If you've ever been in one of our gameday threads, we get a similar phenomenon there. Team will be down 7 points at halftime and people be like, "Hate to tell you this game is over."

Every. Damn. Week. Unbelievable.

I also noticed - specifically regarding awareness efforts - how people tried to make a few of us look like a laughingstock for pulling together probably too few pieces of information into a site devoted to denutting the camera placement narrative. (Edit - this was closer to 2008.)

We had both supporters and detractors here... but I remember too the exact same kind of rubbish as you're seeing here.

In fact, I have no idea how many people said "Don't even try." I cant honestly remember. But it seems like a lot of them. Negativity has a disproportionate impact somehow. Maybe there was one negative person for every 5 positive people. They're drains on human creativity and endeavor.

F*** THEM.

Make the videos. Post this one far and wide. Post a thousand of them. Tweet them, ask your viewers to make their own, whatevah.

I can't be "in" this time on the production end, but I'll be damned if I watch supposed fans trying to turn off your microphone.

Remember that we're all making little ripples, all the time. The butterfly's wings causing a hurricane thing. Make a bigger ripple. Get your stuff out there . Communicate. The worst thing that can happen is that somehow you, and you alone, manage to have no effect - the mathematic truth notwithstanding. (You almost certainly will have an effect, and you will possibly have a large effect.)

More than that you'll be doing what you want, having your say in a conversation.

Don't let a few "nothing ever changes anybody's mind" types knock you off track. Get your work in front of one "I didn't know that" type.

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed! I second everything he said!

Made a video rebutting every single negative claim about the Patriots.

Use this video against all that claim the Pats are cheaters or that the refs fix games for NE.

Enjoy!

Here you go! I am an anime channel so im not sure if it will do well, but im sure it will get you a sub or two! Put your channel in the description!

No, there are people out there who have feigned ignorance with all the facts we have, and they do truly believe what Goodell and ESPN has told them.

DTsh8suXkAAbioN.jpg

Stephen A Smith with an interesting take:

Stephen A. Smith is, he'll be quick to tell you, "a native New Yorker. I don't root for anything Boston . . . New York/Boston, you know how that goes."

But when it comes to the Patriots-are-cheaters cries -- which seem to have been amplified this week by the appearance of the Eagles in the Super Bowl -- he puts all that aside.

"I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear the excuses," the ESPN personality said Wednesday on Felger & Mazz. "Do I believe they're cheating? No. I believe that they are better than everybody else. They've done it better than everybody else, and I have to relent to that. I have to concede that that's just the way it is."

And as for those who won't let it go . . .

"Now you've got folks that's going to call up and folks that [are] religiously focused on 'THE PATRIOTS! And they cheated! And Deflategate! And Spygate! And look at the AFC Championship Games! How many calls did they get away with?'

"I'm like, 'Oh, stop it. I don't want to hear it' . . .

[why] the hell haven't you learned how to cheat like that? Why haven't you figured that out?" data-reactid="21">"And if I'm looking at the New England Patriots . . . I've said this on many occasions and I'm going to say it again: If you're convinced that the New England Patriots are cheating . . . [why] the hell haven't you learned how to cheat like that? Why haven't you figured that out?

you, they've only been doing it since 2001. We are now in 2018. Tom Brady has never, ever, ever won less than nine games in a season. And most of the time it's been 10 and above. How many AFC Championship Games have they been to? They've now been to eight Super Bowls. I mean, excuse me. How have you not learned how to cheat like that? . . .

"If that's cheating, it gets to a point where, d%#*!@t, I'm admiring it."

Those people were and are 100% right. Any time spent on that crap was 100% wasted.

Here we are 10 years later and it's still a fact in most people's minds that the Pats taped the Rams walk through and that Spygate was primarily about taping teams practices.

If you spent time producing content to dispel those "facts", you wasted your time. Period.

Last edited:
Why bother, there are those in the NFL who will never change their mind or their tune.. and former players stoke the controversy.

Yesterday there was a clip twitter where Tom E. Curran was with the sideline announcer of the Eagles, who was claiming that the Pats only won three Superbowls because the Seahawks and Falcons lost those games.. WTF???

Couple of days ago, Spagnoulo said the Pats stole signals.. duh??? That is what every team does, it is not the exclusive venue of the Pats.. maybe that is why you are such a ****ty head coach Steve.. BTW he has 11 wins and 41 L's as a HC.. fade to black Steve.
He actually did say that, but was kind of taken out of context.
But of coarse you wont see this story on any major networks.

And is just another reason people believe what they're told.

Steve Spagnuolo: Patriots didn't cheat by figuring out Eagles' signals in Super Bowl

Those people were and are 100% right. Any time spent on that crap was 100% wasted.

Here we are 10 years later and it's still a fact in most people's minds that the Pats taped the Rams walk through and that Spygate was primarily about taping teams practices.

If you spent time producing content to dispel those "facts", you wasted your time. Period.

Did you even watch my video? This video is not only about Spygate or even Deflategate; this was to fact check EVERY allegation against the Patriots, all the way up to this year’s AFCCG.

Perhaps you should watch the video THEN tell me I wasted my time. I don’t think I did because again, there are people out there that are unsure and are just going by heresay.

Those that believe we taped the Rams in the SB? This video isn’t for them. Hell, I don’t even talk about the Rams ONCE.

But those that think the penalty discrepancy in the AFCCG was a little weird?

This is for THEM.

If you don’t want to watch the video and only argue about why a Patriots fan would make a video like this, well, I can’t help you with that, as you’re as dug in as those “Rams practice/walkthrough” morons.

But you could have at least supported a fellow Patriots fan... I guess that’s asking too much though. Carry on.

Not my Patriots

Did you even watch my video? This video is not only about Spygate or even Deflategate; this was to fact check EVERY allegation against the Patriots, all the way up to this year’s AFCCG.

Perhaps you should watch the video THEN tell me I wasted my time. I don’t think I did because again, there are people out there that are unsure and are just going by heresay.

Those that believe we taped the Rams in the SB? This video isn’t for them. Hell, I don’t even talk about the Rams ONCE.

But those that think the penalty discrepancy in the AFCCG was a little weird?

This is for THEM.

If you don’t want to watch the video and only argue about why a Patriots fan would make a video like this, well, I can’t help you with that, as you’re as dug in as those “Rams practice/walkthrough” morons.

But you could have at least supported a fellow Patriots fan... I guess that’s asking too much though. Carry on.

You didn't waste your time doing anything, if you enjoyed making the video, and you take satisfaction that you created something, then it was time well spent. If one person sees it and learns something, it was time well spent. Anyone who's giving you grief is missing the bigger picture.

I’d have to really delve into that piece of...garbage and that’s a lot of energy I’d need to recover in order to do it.

I was not kidding when I said it took 24 literal hours of work on this video. Sitting in my desk chair literally made me feel ill and today I’ve spent the entire day lying down.

Feels great.

That's the way it should be, and by the way, pretty sharp for 24 hours.

Video's time intensive. I don't think people get that when they're you-tubing around.

That's the way it should be, and by the way, pretty sharp for 24 hours.

Video's time intensive. I don't think people get that when they're you-tubing around.

It sure the hell is.

Typically, a video on my channel takes about 3-4 hours to produce: recording (20 to 30 minutes), editing (an hour and 30 minutes or more), rendering (an hour and 30 minutes), uploading (about 40 minutes depending on size).

This video was...another animal. The funny part was, rendering took like 20 minutes which is FAST.

I enjoy making YouTube content, as I have a hell of a lot of fun and I enjoy interacting with my community and seeing their reaction to something I've produced. This particular video just kinda kicked my ass lol

At work, I've been on the script/"director" side, winnowing down boring as crap printed material, inquiring about video assets we can actually use, weaving in music, etc. I'm that butthole that gets glassy-eyed when the timeline comes up and chunks get moved from point A to point B, then the real genius puts in a cross-fade, and voila, 10x better than what I thought I was shooting for. (I'm also the jerk that says "you need to back that up to two beats after the start of the bar because you'll be fading down the music after she starts talking" and other "I know that, ***hole," advice.)

4 hours seems fast for anything frankly LOL. But I'm used to a lot of the aforementioned winnowing down of subject matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents