PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Patriots Actually Cheaters? A Rebuttal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The effort is commendable but if the goal is to overcome the envy and jealousy that drives the idiots then it won't be achieved. Kraft is right, they are incurable diseases. We are long past the point where Pats fans need to accept the situation as it exists and embrace the hate. I don't even try debunking the fools ridiculous arguments anymore, I simply laugh at them and walk away. About the only thing I will do with the (*) crowd is point out 'Yep, I've seen those. *Denotes NFL record.' The hater is always more disturbed than the hated.

The best revenge is living well and in this century Pats fans have lived very, very well.

Last edited:
I wish we wouldn’t flood this board with “cheating” nonsense.

We all know it’s bullsh*t. You’re just preaching to the choir here.

But something the Patriots do, slowly and surely, is changing minds, namely win stuff.

Every year the dumbasses are quieter. They've gone from "CHEATRIOTS" to "They win all the time because they cheat sometimes" to "I'm so sick of the Patriots... they just win too much."

It's like watching the crowd getting taken out of an away game.

I don't frankly care... that's so 2000 and late, as they said ooohhh about 9 years ago. Time moves faster now. When the League* first hatched this plan to delegitimize the Pats, people had just gotten their original iPhones and the only drones were predators.

Sure we'll meet a crotchety Colts or Raiders fan in a nursing home one day who says that the Patriots got lucky, cheated, blah blah blah. The main narrative is going to be what we know: Never a more dominant franchise in league* history. It'll be the "yeahbut" rejoinder, not what people say the moment you say you're a Patriots fan.

By the way, at some point NFL Films will get to give them the 60s Packers or 70s Steelers or 80s-90s 49ers treatment.

People who hate us are starting to say they feel fortunate that they got to see Tommy do what he does.

I knew a guy in the 90s who was a LOLphins fan. Was still trying to explain how Marino was better than Montana (stats arguments.) Made perfect sense at the time. We hadn't won any Super Bowls.

Maybe loser team fanbases still won't see what the big deal was. :D

To those who say the Patriots cheat, I say, this is PROFESSIONAL football. Not only do you take advantage of every opportunity your opponent gives you, you maximize it.

Kurt Warner of all people was just on the radio and believe it or not he sez no.

Willie McGinest is talking about the hours of film study the Patriots go through.

Good luck with youtube and nice video. Can reupload on my channel if you want more attention.

That would be awesome!

And I have to be honest here: it really saddens me that people here are so down on this video. I spent (literally) 24 hours making it, fact checking, editing, recording my voice and I poured a lot of heart into it.

I guess I won't share Pats videos here anymore.

That would be awesome!

And I have to be honest here: it really saddens me that people here are so down on this video. I spent (literally) 24 hours making it, fact checking, editing, recording my voice and I poured a lot of heart into it.

F the negative nancies keep it up I really liked it! Some people are just jaded because they think nothing matters.

F the negative nancies keep it up I really liked it! Some people are just jaded because they think nothing matters.

I'm glad you liked it!

Even though people are convinced it doesn't matter, I think it does. We've gained a lot of ground with other fanbases, even after the (erroneous) hit to our credibility with Deflategate. I've seen a lot of people state that "I'm a (any other team) fan, but I think Spygate/Deflategate was a bunch of BS" in recent years.

We're breaking through to some people!

Alas, I'm not naive enough to believe that this will convince the most diehard haters of the Pats, but ultimately, those that are on the fence can be swayed, and public opinion is all about numbers...

That would be awesome!

Always going to be critics. Just do what you do for your own satisfaction.

Video was good, audio-voice is superb. Just a bit too much of the still shot comic figure is my only criticism.

I'm glad you liked it!

Even though people are convinced it doesn't matter, I think it does. We've gained a lot of ground with other fanbases, even after the (erroneous) hit to our credibility with Deflategate. I've seen a lot of people state that "I'm a (any other team) fan, but I think Spygate/Deflategate was a bunch of BS" in recent years.

We're breaking through to some people!

Alas, I'm not naive enough to believe that this will convince the most diehard haters of the Pats, but ultimately, those that are on the fence can be swayed, and public opinion is all about numbers...

I agree 100%.

Always going to be critics. Just do what you do for your own satisfaction.

Video was good, audio-voice is superb. Just a bit too much of the still shot comic figure is my only criticism.

Thanks! I appreciate what you're saying...

...but are you referring to Blanka (Street Fighter character)? Haha he's my channel's mascot and avatar. I was formerly the number 1 ranked Blanka player in the world (currently 4th), so he kind of represents me and it's how people know who Th3Birdman is.

The reason I use him, is because I'd rather not appear in my videos as I feel it distracts from the content and, well, would you want to watch a 16 min video with a black screen for most of it? ;)

Thanks for the support Gumby!

its a lazy excuse for fans of other teams to feel better about why their team isnt as good as the patriots. "well they cheat!"

its why people lose their mind over basic science.

I would consider tweeting to Portnoy he might retweet. I really like the footage you use from other uses of the tuck rule that was awesome.

I made this video in 2011:

I was pretty happy with it. Note that I didn't say anything about the location of the cameras because at the time I wasn't even aware that was an aspect of the discussion. But there are some other points that I was happy with.

It's super dated, I think I mention Aaron Hernandez in there...

I made this video in 2011:

I was pretty happy with it. Note that I didn't say anything about the location of the cameras because at the time I wasn't even aware that was an aspect of the discussion. But there are some other points that I was happy with.

It's super dated, I think I mention Aaron Hernandez in there...

Will give it a watch now

It is possible that the Pats cheated with technology.. however if they did cheat using hidden/advanced technologies.. the other billionaire owners would also be cheating. So that would cancel out. Meaning the Patriots really didn't cheat.

But just in case they did, good for them for being better at it.

It is possible that the Pats cheated with technology.. however if they did cheat using hidden/advanced technologies.. the other billionaire owners would also be cheating. So that would cancel out. Meaning the Patriots really didn't cheat.

But just in case they did, good for them for being better at it.

You mean using video right?

I was thinking about this too... but honestly, because it was (and remains) legal, I'm not really convinced using a camera makes it illegal or cheating. There wasn't a rule against it, and it made sense to have a medium that you can refer to because memories tend to be 90% unreliable. I honesty don't see how it is any different than having film on another team to see tendencies; they are 99% immutable.

So yeah I am inclined to agree with your statement that the Patriots are just better at "it" than anyone else, whatever "it" is, and typically that tends to stoke the flames of jealously and contempt, leading to rule changes, a la the formation packages we used against Baltimore.

That would be awesome!

Okay, I'll get to it tonight!

You mean using video right?

I was thinking about this too... but honestly, because it was (and remains) legal, I'm not really convinced using a camera makes it illegal or cheating. There wasn't a rule against it, and it made sense to have a medium that you can refer to because memories tend to be 90% unreliable. I honesty don't see how it is any different than having film on another team to see tendencies; they are 99% immutable.

So yeah I am inclined to agree with your statement that the Patriots are just better at "it" than anyone else, whatever "it" is, and typically that tends to stoke the flames of jealously and contempt, leading to rule changes, a la the formation packages we used against Baltimore.

Not necessarily just video, there is other stuff out there that could help them cheat, however like I said if the Pats are using technology than other teams would be doing the same thing.

With that said I doubt black ops/military level technology is being used.

But who the hell knows, we are talking about billions of dollars. Billions..

That would be awesome!

Please make and share them Birdman. I was admiring your (appropriately) thick skin up to this point.

If you've ever been in one of our gameday threads, we get a similar phenomenon there. Team will be down 7 points at halftime and people be like, "Hate to tell you this game is over."

Every. Damn. Week. Unbelievable.

I also noticed - specifically regarding awareness efforts - how people tried to make a few of us look like a laughingstock for pulling together probably too few pieces of information into a site devoted to denutting the camera placement narrative. (Edit - this was closer to 2008.)

We had both supporters and detractors here... but I remember too the exact same kind of rubbish as you're seeing here.

In fact, I have no idea how many people said "Don't even try." I cant honestly remember. But it seems like a lot of them. Negativity has a disproportionate impact somehow. Maybe there was one negative person for every 5 positive people. They're drains on human creativity and endeavor.

F*** THEM.

Make the videos. Post this one far and wide. Post a thousand of them. Tweet them, ask your viewers to make their own, whatevah.

I can't be "in" this time on the production end, but I'll be damned if I watch supposed fans trying to turn off your microphone.

Remember that we're all making little ripples, all the time. The butterfly's wings causing a hurricane thing. Make a bigger ripple. Get your stuff out there . Communicate. The worst thing that can happen is that somehow you, and you alone, manage to have no effect - the mathematic truth notwithstanding. (You almost certainly will have an effect, and you will possibly have a large effect.)

More than that you'll be doing what you want, having your say in a conversation.

Don't let a few "nothing ever changes anybody's mind" types knock you off track. Get your work in front of one "I didn't know that" type.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick