PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Chiefs in trouble?

Mahomes was dragging those bums up and down the field. Kelce gave up, and Hill was invisible for large portions of the game.

Not only this but he needs to change his style. If he keeps running around like that his prime will be the same as Cam and he will be a shell of himself by age 30. He has to become more of a pocket passer and read the defense better.
Yup, some things never change.

Define "trouble". The Chiefs risk not being in the SB every year? Anything less than the AFCCG is failure? Big contracts and aging superstars mean they risk missing the playoffs with regularity?

Mahomes = KC is a contender. They cannot eff up the roster enough to squash the advantage he brings at the most important position.

Tampa earned that win last night. Outstanding coaching on D all night and on O starting on the 3rd drive. KC coaches didn't do Mahomes any favors with their gameplan of longer-developing plays with that awful OL. I think the coaching mismatch turned a closer TB win into the ugly one we saw. If trouble means coaching your team out of any chance to win, then yes they are in trouble.

Regards,
Chris

I'm really curious why the Bills didn't implement the Patriots plan against them? I mean...they gave the damned blueprint with less talent. Do the Bills not have the talent I thought they did but frankly I didn't follow the NFL much this season b/c I had a new job so only watched the playoffs.
We got a glimpse of the Bills' problem in the playoff game vs the Chiefs when Josh Allen took a dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks 19 yard sack on a 2nd 4 play.

Well, it showed how pedestrian Mahomes currently is when he doesn't have wiiiiiide open guys to throw to. I don't believe in most "blueprint" games, but this one felt legit.

Also, their aura of invincibility that made other teams beat themselves is gone.

I don't think this was on Mahommes, the guy made some incredible throws that boinked off his receivers helmets. It did show that if you take Hill away and limit Kelce and can beat the O-line with just your front 4, then you can make him look pedestrian. Kinda like what the Giants did to the 07 Pats.

I do think that once the cap hits start coming, Andy Reid isn't going to be able to coach up lesser talent the way BB can.

I don't think this was on Mahommes, the guy made some incredible throws that boinked off his receivers helmets. It did show that if you take Hill away and limit Kelce and can beat the O-line with just your front 4, then you can make him look pedestrian. Kinda like what the Giants did to the 07 Pats.

I do think that once the cap hits start coming, Andy Reid isn't going to be able to coach up lesser talent the way BB can.

Yeah, I don’t think there’s a qb alive, not even Brady, who could have looked good for kc last night. Tampa’s d ate them alive up front and secondary was also great. If anything Mahomes legs kept them from being completely shut out

I don't think this was on Mahommes, the guy made some incredible throws that boinked off his receivers helmets.
This. This this this this this.

I saw 2 plays last night that could have gone down as among the greatest plays in SB history except for the fact that, after Mahomes did incredible scrambling and make a perfect throw, the receivers just flat out dropped the ball. Especially the one that hit that guy right in the face mask.

Make that three. The Silence of the Rams
Nope, I originally thought so but the Rams won after the 99 season but lost in 2000 (lost to Saints in WC game 31-28) and then faced Brady after 2001. Close enough.

This is not a Seattle situation. Seattle entered SB49 fully healthy with all units executing at a high level. They lost the game because their coach got too cute and called the worst possible play at the worst possible time.
This is one of the biggest misnombers in sports legacy. Another really bad example of group think and common "knowledge".

Lynch was, I won't say terrible, but definitely below average back in 3/4 down and 2 or less yardage situations. Now a lot of that was likely not on him as I assume many teams loaded the box in those situations. On goaline runs from inside the one he was ranked 30th over the previous 5 year span leading up to that play. I am sure that was a stat not lost on Carrol.

I cannot stand Carrol but that was a good safe call that would of probably beat the other 30 teams in the NFL in that situation. That was simply an example of being outcoached and the victim of a player with great awareness in the biggest of moments.

the Chiefs OL was in shambles after Fisher got hurt.......go back to the 2015 Pats

I can see the chiefs back in the super bowl because i don’t like the teams in the afc. They haven’t taken that next step to beat the chiefs. The bills? Ravens? Lamar Jackson can’t throw. Browns? I hope the chargers can challenge them in the division.

Hard to say there's a blueprint to beat KC. It's extremely hard that KC was missing both of their starting offensive tackles. Ruined the whole OLine. Think about Malcolm Butler not playing and every secondary player playing out of position....

Hard to say there's a blueprint to beat KC. It's extremely hard that KC was missing both of their starting offensive tackles. Ruined the whole OLine. Think about Malcolm Butler not playing and every secondary player playing out of position....

Yet experts where picking them to beat the Bucs. Still disappointing that they didn’t get into the end zone. Chiefs will soon learned why it’s difficult to keep players.

It's not just this game. The O'Line was lousy at run blocking before Fischer got hurt. The BB bend but don't break style can work against that team. Mahomes is always looking for the big play. It's not an efficient offense.

They have 3 free agents on that OL. They likely will have to draft OL.

they are in cap hell, but they have some bodies for the OL, and they're usually very good along the OL

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back