PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Chiefs in trouble?

I can't stand the tone most of this guy's tweets, but he's not wrong here. The Chiefs invested a ton into Frank Clark to have him only really affect one drive last night. Chris Jones is their second $20 million per year defender (out of nine total in the NFL right now), and his batted pass for an interception was called back due to penalty and he turned a 3rd and 7 into a first down with his unnecessary roughness penalty (although that drive ended with the goal line stand).

Pats v Rams II says hello.

Yes, I am aware that the Pats aren't the same as everyone else. And yes, I think they are in trouble. Reid < Belichick. Mahomes is a special talent, but he cannot do everything. Someone said their husband couldn't throw and catch at the same time once. Kinda the same thing. So, I agree with you, but I am not counting the kid out.

No way he equals Brady tho. That talk can stop.
Pat's vs Rams super bowls 17 years apart?

None of the same people were involved in both games.

The Chiefs are the shortest dynasty in NFL history.

The window is open for so long and luck plays a huge role in getting this far.

The Chiefs are fine. As of now I'd make them favourites for next year's Superbowl. They do need some improvements defensively, but then so does almost every team. Importantly they'll have Schwartz and Fisher back, who for my money are the best tackle pair in the league, with Remmers back at his normal position.

They're set up to challenge for a long while, don't be in any doubt.
It’s been 20 years and you still haven’t learned? Any team with Tom Brady as the QB should be the favorites for next year’s Super Bowl. Especially when Tom Brady’s team are the defending champion.

from a talent standpoint, the chiefs are just fine. From a salary cap standpoint, they will be in trouble soon unless some folks restructure. This is why the Patriots way of paying players and running a franchise long term is the model.

Pat's vs Rams super bowls 17 years apart?

None of the same people were involved in both games.
the second one, the year after the Pats lost to the Eagles.

The Chiefs and their fans just found out how hard it is to win in this league. Everybody was crowning them the next Patriots and that they were going to win at the Patriots clip. Mahomes and the Chiefs still might end up winning a bunch of SBs but they're going to have to earn them. We saw what happened when his OL wasn't intact. When Kelce and Hill age what's going to happen then? Mahomes himself because of how he plays, how is he going to age? He was hurt last year and missed time. This year he had a bad concussion and the toe.

Everybody wants to anoint somebody as the replacement for the real goat. Most of it based upon the physical skills of guys like Rodgers and Mahomes. The same trap that had Brady fall to 199 is still blinding them. His brain and his desire are unmatched.

This strikes me like the Seahawks. Once everyone's contract came up and you had to pay wilson the talent deteriorated and while the Seahawks still are a good team they aren't anywhere near the 2013 team.

They paid Mahomes, hill and kelce. And pretty soon Mahomes will have a 45million cap hit and hill and kelce will be up there too. The team won't be able to afford top defensive guys or olinemen. It might start to look more like last night.

People have thought the chiefs were invincible. But the Patriots gave the blueprint on how to defend them. Bowles defensive plan was the Patriots (who nearly beat them with hoyer).

Now I'm not saying they won't be a good team or continue to be in this big game. But they don't look as invincible as they once did
I'm really curious why the Bills didn't implement the Patriots plan against them? I mean...they gave the damned blueprint with less talent. Do the Bills not have the talent I thought they did but frankly I didn't follow the NFL much this season b/c I had a new job so only watched the playoffs.

They're done. How can a group of players win superbowls when they so obviously hate their coach. Hate to see it.

KC is about to find out how tough it is to maintain greatness in the NFL. For 2021, they are about $20 million over the cap right now with only 45 players signed. Mahomes alone is going from $5M to $25M cap hit, and he will keep going up.

As long as they have Mahomes, and they get a healthy oline back they are going to be a contender. Some of the stuff he did last night. WTF he is so damned good it was almost like magic. How many times do you have to hit your receivers in the face with the ball before you start to lose your s@#$? He was doing things I've never seen people, almost like Brett Favre except with Favre it was luck.

Team Mahomes is quite the thin-skinned entourage aren't they.
I checked out her Twitter and she was mad that ESPN called Brady the GOAT and Mahomes the baby GOAT. She also sarcastically (I am assuming) said she was blocking one of the fellow Chief wives for congratulating the Bucs.

Maybe. A lot changes in a year.

Very true, but there is no one in the AFC that I'd be worried about if I were KC. Buffalo maybe, but other than that, no one. Baltimore with Lamar Jackson doesn't scare me unless he can learn to throw the ball.

I checked out her Twitter and she was mad that ESPN called Brady the GOAT and Mahomes the baby GOAT. She also sarcastically (I am assuming) said she was blocking one of the fellow Chief wives for congratulating the Bucs.
Someone stifle that skeezer.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back