PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Appreciate How Lucky We Are as Pats fans- the View from Outside NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly OT, but it's amazing to think that Bill Belichick has coached in almost 20% of all Super Bowls (including his 2 as DC of the Giants)

As a Sox fan, I've always thought of the hated Yankees as the The Evil Empire. Now I realize that the rest of football hates us thinks of us as TEE, and you know what? I kind of like it.

I moved back to my hometown in eastern PA, the trifecta of Eagles, Jet*s, and Giants fans. After 5 years here, people have stopped trying to convert me and just shake their head when the Patriots win yet again.

Became a fan at the tender age of 15, 'am now a month away from 70.
At times it was very trying to be a true fan. I remember "PATSIES" from the
1980's. Yes, back then I was called a fan of the patsies.
THANK YOU PATRIOTS !!!!! This new century has been truly amazing.
And thanks to all you PATRIOTS FANS, both young and old, for helping me
enjoy the experience even more with your posts.
And thank you Ian. Much appreciated, great site.

Honestly its not just the Patriots that get national hate.. that is so off base and quite frankly just pure spiteful.. But Pats fans are apparently the scum of the earth lol.. I shouldn't even post this web site but just the hate involved with the article is crazy.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-new-england-patriots-1786042247

Click on it at your own risk.
I'm goning to find the writer of that article and spank him publically in front of all his friends

What a douche

Another year, another SB trip. *Yawn*, wake me up when we win it.

I live in australia, been watching the NFL since 06. First game I ever watched was jets vs patriots in the playoffs. I knew straight away how much I disliked the jets and how the pats would be the team for me. Same playoffs we had that epic win over the chargers in SD and that stupid loss to manning in Indy. It's been such a pleasure to have been on this ride, and I know even better for older fans who have been here since before we got trashed by the 85 bears.

Here's to it continuing as long as it wants.

Not trying to be blase about any wins because I dread the day I become one of them.

You'll never be one of them because you've gotten to witness legendary greatness, and all the bitter asterisks in the world will never take that from you.

I'm guessing you're kidding or being sarcastic. They were derisively called "the Patsies" for decades. A few haters still call them by that name.

Absolutely. Hence the sweet revenge in 1985

Another year, another SB trip. *Yawn*, wake me up when we win it.
You'll be running around jumping for joy with the rest of the greatest football fans on earth anyway

What a great post! Here's to another 30 birthdays Wrangler, with a bunch more good Pats' memories thrown in.

We are contemporaries, and I agree completely with your sentiment.. I am a very lucky fan. All those years when the Giants, Jets and Miami fans would come to work with their team gear... and us Pats fans could not even buy a t-shirt, as there were none available.

When I travel, there is usually vitriol over our success, however for the most part after a while most folks I encounter are quite envious of what has happened here...

They hate us because they ain't us... they hate us because the national media keeps bringing up issues from the past that had no bearing on that game or subsequent games..

By the time T.B. & BB retire, people aged 25 and under will only know winning. A whole generation will be fans for life. That's something very important.

The day will come when T.B. retires ( The retirement presser & jersey retirement will rival that of Orr & Bird's ceremonies). Eventually B.B will leave. Jonathan will become the go to owner in probably six to seven years.

We need to enjoy and savor every win. This will never be duplicated again.

I live in Oakland. I never get "Do you know how lucky you are?" Instead I get "I hate Tom Brady and the Tuck Rule was ********."

Just say that you agree that the rule is BS....that's why it's not a rule anymore but at the time it was.

I live in NYC so you KNOW I'm dealing with it all day everyday, but F#*k it!!! I love me some Pats, so it's really not hard to deal with at all. I take pride in my squad & represent them EVERY chance I get. Heck, I'm in Cancun on vacation now & even watched the entire AFCCG in Spanish:D.

Let's go Pats!
#One4TheMiddleFinger!!!

I live in NYC so you KNOW I'm dealing with it all day everyday, but F#*k it!!! I love me some Pats, so it's really not hard to deal with at all. I take pride in my squad & represent them EVERY chance I get. Heck, I'm in Cancun on vacation now & even watched the entire AFCCG in Spanish:D.

Let's go Pats!
#One4TheMiddleFinger!!!

Coincidentally I was in Cancun for the Snow Bowl. I was able to watch the game in English. What a great way to start my vacation!

Let's go Pats!
#One4TheMiddleFinger!!!

Another NYer here. I wore my Pats beanie Monday morning and got so many scowls and growls and eye rolls. It was great! ;)

People really are tired of the Patriots consistently winning year after year after year after year after year after year. But IDGAF.

And the OP made a point about BSPN. In 11 days, we will get to see ALL of them squirm and snort about the Pats having won AGAIN. And there will be nothing they can do or say to avoid it. Perfect justice.

I have some mixed feelings on this.......watching them win beats the rest, but I miss the grungy days of the dirt parking lot and the 'minor league' appearance of it all back in the day.......like a scraggly mutt

Over the course of the Belichick dynasty I have lived in Boston, New York, Columbus OH, Chicago, London UK, Phoenix and Manila PH.

In London and Manila, no one cares.

In Boston, everyone is a Pats fan.

In all the rest, the contempt that lands on me when people realize I'm a Pats fan is heavy. The hate runs deep. I was in Seattle wearing a Bruschi jersey, and got heckled hard. I actually decided best to keep a low profile when I had a business meeting in Indianapolis.

But I get it. They think of the Pats the way I think of the (old) Lakers and Yankees and Cavaliers. It's hard to hate a perennial loser, but easy to hate a franchise that keeps on winning to the point where it just seems unfair. I enjoy rooting against Lebron even though he's probably an okay guy. That whole media circus about The Decision--I use that to fuel my contempt.

History will be kind to Tom and Bill, far kinder than contemporary observers. That's consolation enough for me. It's all for the history books now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes