PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Left On PUP? Who Is Likely To be Put On IR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing to make that claim doesn't mean that it magically becomes true.
What udfa we that we had in here previous years would help this team?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to say it, but if Sony Michel does go on IR (not very likely, IMHO), that clears a roster spot for Gillislee, who really hasn't earned it based on his preseason performance.

Hate to say it, but if Sony Michel does go on IR (not very likely, IMHO), that clears a roster spot for Gillislee, who really hasn't earned it based on his preseason performance.
I have a very bad feeling Michel ends up on IR. The latest report is that he may not be ready for week 1.

I have a very bad feeling Michel ends up on IR. The latest report is that he may not be ready for week 1.
While I share the same concern, it’s still too early to know based on the idea that he won’t play until 9/16 at the earliest. That’s still 2.5 weeks out before he’d see any actual live game action. I think it’s 50/50.

Does anyone know how an injury settlement works? Like are they free to sign anywhere or are they completely done for the whole season? Can they resign with the Pats?

Does anyone know how an injury settlement works? Like are they free to sign anywhere or are they completely done for the whole season? Can they resign with the Pats?

An injury settlement is something like a contract buyout. The team and the player come to an agreement about how many weeks it will be before the player is likely to be able to practice and play again, and then the player is paid that many weeks of salary and released.

Once the player and the team have reached an agreement (needs to happen within seven days, IIRC), the player is a free agent and able to sign with any OTHER team. However, his original team isn't allowed to re-sign him until the agree-upon weeks of settlement have passed, PLUS another three weeks.

While the length of settlement varies with the extent/type of injury, obviously, a lot of them seem to end up being in the 3-4 week range. Those players would become eligible to be re-signed by the Pats after 6-7 weeks.

it’s really hard to judge a rb in preseason.
Quality of blocking is a huge variable that you really can’t account for unless you breakdown and grade every play.

But Michel is back at practice so there is no way they will Ir him. He figures to be the rb who gets the most touches on the team.

What udfa we that we had in here previous years would help this team?
Who mentioned UDFAs? What I'm saying is, we are relying on a natural #2 WR (Hogan) to be our #1...a #4 WR (Dorsett) to be our #2...and an all-pro KOR but backup-quality WR (Patterson) to be our #3. That combination should not inspire confidence in anyone. How Bill finds help for this lot is up to him, be it through UDFA and/or UFA signings, waiver claims or trades. I suggest he begin this task in earnest, if practicable.

Who mentioned UDFAs? What I'm saying is, we are relying on a natural #2 WR (Hogan) to be our #1...a #4 WR (Dorsett) to be our #2...and an all-pro KOR but backup-quality WR (Patterson) to be our #3. That combination should not inspire confidence in anyone. How Bill finds help for this lot is up to him, be it through UDFA and/or UFA signings, waiver claims or trades. I suggest he begin this task in earnest, if practicable.

In other news,"Ding-dong, the Glitch is dead". Well, traded to the Falcons, anyway.

Who mentioned UDFAs?
The post my post was a response to.

What I'm saying is, we are relying on a natural #2 WR (Hogan) to be our #1...a #4 WR (Dorsett) to be our #2...and an all-pro KOR but backup-quality WR (Patterson) to be our #3. That combination should not inspire confidence in anyone. How Bill finds help for this lot is up to him, be it through UDFA and/or UFA signings, waiver claims or trades. I suggest he begin this task in earnest, if practicable.
1 Edelman
2 Hogan
3 Dorsett/Patterson
4 Dorsett/Patterson

Sure we will have 4 games without Edelman but you don’t pay the price for a #1 for 4 early season games.
All 4 are where they belong and should be effective in what we expect from that role.

I’m not worried about a wr corps that’s a little depleted for 4 games when we have the best nonWR receiving group in the NFL and the best QB.
No reason to panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back