PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Yankee fans?

Our bullpen isn't looking so stellar tonight. 10-1 whittled down the 10-9 against the Orioles! The colossus that is the Orioles.

C'mon guys. Get your act together.

No f'ing kidding. I shut the game off during the delay to get some work done. Wish I never put it back on.

Yeah like WTF and Youk just got plucked in the forearm bone. :ugh:

What a train wreck that was; and what a panic move bringing Papelbon in for a five out save.

Beckett had better go the distance tomorrow as that bullpen is toast now.

Sweet win Red Sox.

2.5 games

Kudos to you; you've been a member here for less than a month and you've firmly established yourself as a total douchebag.

And please stay here for football season.

I'm begging you.

NFL Football=Jets season ends in a horrible train wreck, with each wreck more terrible than the last.

I for one can't wait to see you run off and hide as the Jets once again go down in flames.

So stick around.

This kid is gone after the Pats beat the Jets in week 2.

This kid is gone after the Pats beat the Jets in week 2.
He is what, 15 or 16 at the best. Give him time. They still have hope at that age. Watch the Jets and the Yankees slowly suck it out of him.

He is what, 15 or 16 at the best. Give him time. They still have hope at that age. Watch the Jets and the Yankees slowly suck it out of him.

Multiply his age by 2 and that's still not enough years when the Jets last won a Super Bowl ... this kid will be gumming his food wearing Depends as the Jet's record of futility surpases the century mark.

Frank from Gloucester was on EEI the other day and said he's not worried about the Yankees pitching come playoff time because all you need in the playoffs is three good pitchers and they've got that right now. Playoffs? It would help Frank if you were leading the division, which you are not.

He also went on to say the Yankee bullpen has really turned it around lately and "I think (or in his case, "I tink") they are as good as the Red Sox bullpen is right now."

Have to love that toothless fool.................

First you have to make the playoffs. The Sox may have blown that game last night, but Smoltz looked good. He would be the fifth starter.
The Rays are coming and will overtake the Yankees. Playoffs? (in a high squeaky voice).
In addition, I'm curious as to who are the three starters Frank was referring to because they do come close to matching up with the Sox.
BTW, their bullpen is not close either. When the roster gets increased, do the Yankees have a pitcher who is tearing up the minors to add to the bullpen?

Last edited:
First you have to make the playoffs. The Sox may have blown that game last night, but Smoltz looked good. He would be the fifth starter.
The Rays are coming and will overtake the Yankees. Playoffs? (in a high squeaky voice).
In addition, I'm curious as to who are the three starters Frank was referring to because they do come close to matching up with the Sox.
BTW, their bullpen is not close either. When the roster gets increased, do the Yankees have a pitcher who is tearing up the minors to add to the bullpen?

So can the Sox recover from last night's collapse scout? Were it the Yankees who blew a 10-1 lead like that, lord only knows what kind of foolishness you'd be typing in this thread. I know though, you're an objective person, and fan. I guess, in being objective like yourself, I should be posting about how the Sox's season is over, cuz they blew a 10-1 lead in game 75 out of 162. :rolleyes: I wouldn't though, cuz a loss is a loss, and if they win tonight, which they should, no one remembers what happened yesterday.

The Yankees pen has been terrific over the last 20 games, as has been their team staff, which has a sub 4 ERA over that span. So as much as Frank from Glaucester is a goof, he's not inaccurate. CC & Burnett have been as good as anyone over the last 3-4 weeks. Burnett especially is on a Beckett like tear, where he's given up only 1 run over his last 20+ innings. The bullpen has Bruney back, and really gained steam when they DFA'd Veras, and inserted Hughes. Hughes has been lights out.

At least 1 very good team is not going to make the playoffs. It might be 2 teams, but I don't see a 2nd place team from the central, or west, winning enough games to take the WC. Of course that could change when the divisions start playing each other, and teams in the East are playing tougher games than the other two. Still, the numbers are what they are, and either the Sox, TB, or the Yankees will not be in the playoffs, at a minimum. It could be similar to the Pats, where an 11-5 team goes home after its final regular season game. Are the Pat's pathetic cuz they didn't make it in? Of course not. It's just how the numbers played out.

The Jets are going to win 6 games this year. Who's their QB?

Jets are going 16-0.

Personally, I'd love to see that.

So they can lose at home in the second round.

And Jets fans will be lining up on the GW.

Enough bad things cannot happen to that pathetic excuse for an NFL franchise, FORTY years since their last trip to the big dance, which I'm guessing is about 23 years longer than you've been on the planet.

With Gary Busey as their head coach.

So can the Sox recover from last night's collapse scout? Were it the Yankees who blew a 10-1 lead like that, lord only knows what kind of foolishness you'd be typing in this thread. I know though, you're an objective person, and fan. I guess, in being objective like yourself, I should be posting about how the Sox's season is over, cuz they blew a 10-1 lead in game 75 out of 162. :rolleyes: I wouldn't though, cuz a loss is a loss, and if they win tonight, which they should, no one remembers what happened yesterday.

The Yankees pen has been terrific over the last 20 games, as has been their team staff, which has a sub 4 ERA over that span. So as much as Frank from Glaucester is a goof, he's not inaccurate. CC & Burnett have been as good as anyone over the last 3-4 weeks. Burnett especially is on a Beckett like tear, where he's given up only 1 run over his last 20+ innings. The bullpen has Bruney back, and really gained steam when they DFA'd Veras, and inserted Hughes. Hughes has been lights out.

At least 1 very good team is not going to make the playoffs. It might be 2 teams, but I don't see a 2nd place team from the central, or west, winning enough games to take the WC. Of course that could change when the divisions start playing each other, and teams in the East are playing tougher games than the other two. Still, the numbers are what they are, and either the Sox, TB, or the Yankees will not be in the playoffs, at a minimum. It could be similar to the Pats, where an 11-5 team goes home after its final regular season game. Are the Pat's pathetic cuz they didn't make it in? Of course not. It's just how the numbers played out.

Can't argue with a word you said other than the Yankees spent a ton of money in the off season (yeah and I know the Red Sox spend tons of dough too), by all rights looking at that team on paper when the season started, they should be 6 games up if they played to their potential.

Now that said, there is no way on earth they do not make the playoffs, it would be a complete FUBAR if they didn't get in.

And for what it's worth, I really do not see why so many people fawn all over the Red Sox bullpen; Del Carmen is hot and cold, Okajima is as well, Saito is decent, Masterson and his herky jerky slingshot delivery does not impress me. And don't get me started on Papelbon; gives up a triple to a guy who was 0-7 with 4 K's lifetime against him prior to that at bat.

It is inexcusable to blow a game like that to the American League version of the Nationals. 10 runs in two innings, pathetic.

Despite that, I basically just shut the tv off and went to bed; had they pulled that one prior to 2004, I'd have been torked off all night and had trouble sleeping.

It's amazing what winning two World Series titles does to your perspective.

I'm probably more objective then most Sox fans (many did not witness all of the 'almost').
In regards to the collapse last night, I vaguely remember a baseball person talking about the games that are won and lost during the year. He had a great line on the game (basically, no matter what, they'd be games like last nights). Somewhat like George Will's take that a great hitter fails 70% of the time.
With that in mind, the Sox are continuously taking 2 out of 3 against each opponent. That their starters Beckett and Lester are excellent. If you want to put two Yank starters in that equation, that's up to you. The third starter is Wake at 10-3. Number four is Penny, who has pitched well. Our 4th starter is more comparable to Burnett. That leaves #5 who pitched fairly well last night and IMO will do pretty well this year.
I like the Sox's bullpen and would not trade the Sox's with the Yankees. Like I mentioned, the Sox will bring up Bucholtz at some point during the season, adding depth.
The Rays will overtake the Yankees. They may also pass the Sox. The Yankees are not overtaking the Sox.

I'm probably more objective then most Sox fans (many did not witness all of the 'almost').
In regards to the collapse last night, I vaguely remember a baseball person talking about the games that are won and lost during the year. He had a great line on the game (basically, no matter what, they'd be games like last nights). Somewhat like George Will's take that a great hitter fails 70% of the time.
With that in mind, the Sox are continuously taking 2 out of 3 against each opponent. That their starters Beckett and Lester are excellent. If you want to put two Yank starters in that equation, that's up to you. The third starter is Wake at 10-3. Number four is Penny, who has pitched well. Our 4th starter is more comparable to Burnett. That leaves #5 who pitched fairly well last night and IMO will do pretty well this year.
I like the Sox's bullpen and would not trade the Sox's with the Yankees. Like I mentioned, the Sox will bring up Bucholtz at some point during the season, adding depth.
The Rays will overtake the Yankees. They may also pass the Sox. The Yankees are not overtaking the Sox.

So CC isn't as good as Beckett or Lester, and Burnett is equivalent to a #4 starter. :rolleyes:

CC = 7-4 3.55 109ip 88h 31bb 78k 1.09 whip
AJ = 6-4 3.93 94ip 82h 47bb 92k 1.37 whip

JB = 9-3 3.48 98ip 89h 32bb 94k 1.23 whip (not counting today)
JL = 7-6 4.35 99ip 100h 30bb 114k 1.30 whip

Statistically, they match up pretty well. Stats obviously don't tell the whole story, but they do help give a little perspective. Also, the Yanks are playing home games in Coors Field East, aka the new Yankee Stadium (which I don't like!), which don't help a pitchers numbers. The bottom line is that it's a marathon, and not a sprint. There are over 80 games left in the season, and at this point, any one of the 3 teams in question, could be left without a chair when the music stops. Who'll be baseball's 11-5 Patriots? Should be fun finding out.

So CC isn't as good as Beckett or Lester, and Burnett is equivalent to a #4 starter. :rolleyes:

CC = 7-4 3.55 109ip 88h 31bb 78k 1.09 whip
AJ = 6-4 3.93 94ip 82h 47bb 92k 1.37 whip

JB = 9-3 3.48 98ip 89h 32bb 94k 1.23 whip (not counting today)
JL = 7-6 4.35 99ip 100h 30bb 114k 1.30 whip

Statistically, they match up pretty well. Stats obviously don't tell the whole story, but they do help give a little perspective. Also, the Yanks are playing home games in Coors Field East, aka the new Yankee Stadium (which I don't like!), which don't help a pitchers numbers. The bottom line is that it's a marathon, and not a sprint. There are over 80 games left in the season, and at this point, any one of the 3 teams in question, could be left without a chair when the music stops. Who'll be baseball's 11-5 Patriots? Should be fun finding out.

If you want to choose CC and JJ over Beckett and Lester, that's your prerogative. I'm thinking the only fans that would make that choice would be Yankee fans.
As far as the #4 starter, Burnett is not in the class of Beckett or Lester. Right now he isn't even Wakefield. That leaves #4 Penny. Both #4 pitchers might go on the DL sometime this year.

Back out to a 3 game lead blah blah blah ;)

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back