PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Yankee fans?

If the Rays win the wild card, they get the Angels and the Yankees get the central winner. If the Rangers win the wild card, the Yankees get the Angels.

Either way, the Yankees will have to beat the Angels in the playoffs................

That Yankee lineup is off the charts; Shemp has two home runs tonight and 7 RBI's, not bad for a guy who's 87 years old.

Last time I hated a Yankee team as much as this one was that team of the mid to late 70's, hated everyone of those azzholes.

I like two of the current Yankees very much, Jorge and Mo, two class acts. Mo is the greatest closer of all time, just lights out.

And Jorge has gone through so much with his son, he is a class act, a true gentleman. His Dad was a very good ballplayer who got screwed out of the chance to play in the big leagues, so I am happy that his son has done so well.

Quite a performance tonight, they are on fire.
They're very very good. They manufacture bats and are pitching well to locations.

Epic mistake not getting Teixeira into our lineup. Epic.

A-Rod agrees; he told Peter Gammons if the Red Sox had signed him, they'd be 10 games up by now.

And dont' discount A-Rod in that lineup as they really caught fire once he returned to it.

Not much you can do about the situtation; the guys wife wanted to be closer to her family in Baltimore, so he became a Yankee. Plus no matter how high the Red Sox went moneywise, BorA$$ was going to go to the Yankees and allow them to go higher, the douchebag that he is.

But hey, that's what he gets paid to do, get the most for his client so he gets the highest commission possible, the POS that he is.

If this team does not march through the playoffs and win the world series, it will be the second biggest failure in the history of baseball.

All the nonsense from Red Sox fans about how old the Yankees are is not true; Damon, Shemp, Jeter, Posada, etc are all on the wrong side of 30 and performing very, very well. They spent half a billion dollars on three players and are getting their money's worth for sure. They did a much better job in the off season than the Red Sox did; missing the playoffs will do that to you. Plus they have a lot of young talent too, so they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

It will be them and the Rays battling for the division the next few years; the Red Sox are screwed with the contracts of Drew, Lowell, Dice K and Ortiz, none of them are going anywhere and not to mention their Captain holds the option for his contract next year and they are going to have to make a big decision on Bay, so they have a lot of dead weight and holes all over the field and in their line up.

In hindsight, Theo did a ****ty job this year of putting this team together, bottom line......................

I can't believe how down Sox fans are right now. I hate to say, but as terrific people in this part of the country are, in rooting for their teams, we are such Tobin Bridgers it's funny. When things are good everyone talks trash, and feels indestructable. When the ship takes on some water, everyone points fingers, and jumps overboard. Um, last time I checked, the Sox were the WC leader, and a playoff team. In baseball, all you have to do is get in. The playoffs are a different animal than the regular season. The Sox, should they get in, would still be my favorite to win it all. Why? Cuz in a 7 game series Beckett and Lester will start at least 4 games between them. Tell me the Sox couldn't go 4-0 in those games alone? I said it when th season started that I thought the Sox were better built for the playoffs than the regular season (and the Yankees) cuz they have a terrific front end of the rotation, good clutch hitters in the line-up, have a very strong pen, and most importantly, consistently play excellent defense. I personally hope the Sox don't make it, cuz I think they pose the biggest threat to my favorite team. I know the Angels got the Yankees number and all, but they play different come playoff time. Their rotation doesn't scare me, nor does their pen. Also, they lack patience, and run into far too many outs, which can kill you come playoff time. Sox fans shouldn't be so glum.

While I certainly respect your opinion, I just don't see it. This team has been taking on water since the All Star break; they have not been the same team since blowing that 10-1 lead to the Orioles.

Lowell can still swing the bat, but he has zero range at third, they're using their fourth shortstop, the DH is on the back nine, Drew is hot and cold, their bullpen is not what it used to be and the rotation is in shambles. Dice K going down killed this team and Wakefield should just retire already, we go through this every year with the guy.

Missing the playoffs last year light a monumental fire under the ***** of the Yankee front office. The Red Sox front office seemed to incorrectly think the Yankees were a non factor and the division was now a two team race between them and the Doofin Rays.

Winning the World Series in 2007 and getting to the ALCS last year seemed to do more harm than good with the front office. They do not sign tier one free agents, specifically bats; they tried to ride Manny out of town and hit the lottery with Ortiz. Well Manny is gone and Ortiz is on the downside of his career. JH should have kept his mouth shut and stayed the **** out of the negotations with "Teshata" as the toothless loser from Gloucester calls him.

Sorry, I call em like I see em and these are two teams going in opposite directions and as far as the Wild Card, the Rangers and Doofin Rays aren't going anywhere and we still have to play the Doofin Rays 6 times and they own our ***es...................

They're very very good. They manufacture bats and are pitching well to locations.

it's only a matter of time before they catch this guy for roids too.

The Sox won again tonight. Penny, the 5th starter is now 6-2. Meanwhile, the Yanks lost, tho, Wang pitched well giving up only 3 runs. The bad news is it was against the Nationals. Wang is now 0-5. The good news for the Yanks, is that they sent out thier ace and won last night. The bad new is it was a close game and it was against the Nationals.
I'll go on record right now, the Red Sox and Rays will make the playoffs. The Yanks will stay home, again.

Dont you look like a fool:D

Dont you look like a fool:D

No, not really. The Sox lost two starters for much of the season in Wake and Dice K. Had they not been injured I think the Sox would have taken the division. The Yankees did surprise me by making the playoffs. Thought the Rays would do much better then they did.
Yea, I look like a real fool because I predicted the Rays and Sox over the Yankees..........

No, not really. The Sox lost two starters for much of the season in Wake and Dice K. Had they not been injured I think the Sox would have taken the division. The Yankees did surprise me by making the playoffs. Thought the Rays would do much better then they did.
Yea, I look like a real fool because I predicted the Rays and Sox over the Yankees..........

The Yankees lost Arod for a month and a half, Posada for a month, basically never had their set up man, and got nothing from their two time 19 game winner Wang. Oh, and Nady missed the entire year as well. You play with what you have, and both teams lost key players, at different times.

The Yankees lost Arod for a month and a half, Posada for a month, basically never had their set up man, and got nothing from their two time 19 game winner Wang. Oh, and Nady missed the entire year as well. You play with what you have, and both teams lost key players, at different times.
True, but I posted that comment after Wang was toast, and after Arod was already out. Just made a prediction based on the players that were healthy at that time. Not really a big deal, tho, some think so.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back