PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any update on how the Pats will deal with attending games? I know how the Jags will...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know someone here in Jacksonville who works with the Jags local radio affiliate.

She says the Jags are doing 25% capacity, and everyone wears a mask. Those 95 temps will be fun!!! o_O

I mean, under normal circumstances, aren't you suffering enough just going to a Jags game? :D

I know someone here in Jacksonville who works with the Jags local radio affiliate.

She says the Jags are doing 25% capacity, and everyone wears a mask. Those 95 temps will be fun!!! o_O

I mean, under normal circumstances, aren't you suffering enough just going to a Jags game? :D

25% capacity? So just like normal.

Funny you should ask because I literally got a message from the Patriots about 15 minutes ago addressing this very issue. It reads, in part:

Thank you for your continued patience as we prepare for the 2020 football season. Today, we are reaching out with new information regarding our expected seating capacity in 2020 and how it will impact Season Ticket Members.

Last week, Gillette Stadium met separately with members of the Massachusetts Reopening Advisory Board and Town of Foxborough officials to present a plan to safely host fans this season. Additionally, we received new requirements and recommendations from the NFL that all stadiums will follow in 2020. Those guidelines include the following stipulations:

• Ticketed parties will be required to maintain at least six (6) feet of physical distance from other ticketed groups.
  • Ticketed parties will be arranged in blocks of ten (10) seats or less.
  • The first eight (8) rows of the stadium will not be accessible to fans this year.
  • All ticketholders will be required to wear face coverings inside the stadium.
Most importantly, in accordance with these guidelines – and subject to state and local approvals – should Gillette Stadium welcome fans in 2020 it will operate at approximately 20 percent of its total capacity. Ticket quantity and game availability will be extremely limited and it is unlikely that Season Ticket Members will have the opportunity to attend every home game in 2020. Additionally, Season Ticket Members should expect that if tickets are available, they will be given access to locations within the stadium that are different from their existing seating assignments.

Double post - apologies

Pats say 20% capacity, also with masks and other restrictions. I just posted a lengthy e-mail we received in another thread.

I wonder how they decide which 20 percent?

20%. We might just defer to next season. Not sure I want my 78 year old father attending mass gatherings. Not an easy decision to make here. He will not be a happy camper if we give the seats up for 2020.

Those hayseeds down there? Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye