PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to get off the internet for sure and he is a somewhat loose cannon but he was done dirty by the Pats, media and fans.

I don't consider you a yahoo Viper but the cat is bad news.

Don't want to argue.

Gotta say I don't see how AB was done dirty by the fans but I respect Viper as a poster and don't want to belabor the point. Regardless of the events around his coming and going from the roster they are all moot points in the here and now. In that here and now I just can't see hitching our wagon to the same crazy horse a second time. 'Fool me once..." and all that ;)

...but yet some yahoos on this board would welcome him back with open arms.

meh. There's nothing particularly wrong with his tweet besides the fact that I wish he stayed quiet to help his own cause. What he said is true.

meh. There's nothing particularly wrong with his tweet besides the fact that I wish he stayed quiet to help his own cause. What he said is true.
I'm not getting into with you either. I've tried to reason with you AB apologists and there is no hope.

I'm better off talking Pats at Chiefs Planet.

For those of you wanting AB back this year it’s not happening in the NFL this season.

For those of you wanting AB back this year it’s not happening in the NFL this season.

Just wait, now after we wax Cleveland on Sunday, the OBJ UNHAPPY IN CLE - TRADE CANDIDATE?!?!? threads to start. Especially, after his recent comments.

Good points by you guys. I am tired of the AB stuff. I am just glad they got Sanu. Harry, I have immense hope for. Sorry for bringing up my feeling on AB, does nothing good here anymore.

Edelman, Sanu, Harry, Dorsett and Myers is pretty damn solid. I like Meyers a ton as well and see him as MM part deux.

Not worth your time..... Pats haven’t always had most talent, but a roster of smart, team first guys. This guy is crazy, selfish and stupid. He had a (last) chance, after burning bridges with 2 teams, and within a week he was sending group texts including pics of children, asking for help digging dirt. Wouldn’t have been as bad and wouldn’t have come to light, if he was smart and didn’t include the accused woman in his text, making it appear threatening and guaranteeing it went public - bringing more bad pub to himself and to Pats. If he couldn’t toe the line for a week, when he knew he was on thin ice, it became apparent that he wasn’t going to change his selfish, immature ways...and guys like that end up becoming cancers that can infect the locker room. Big Ben has 3 Super Bowl appearances and 2 wins, but none since AB became a starter in 2011-12. Hmmmmmmmm.

Except there aren't paying any more salary than they already have. SMH..
And were massively helped out by the referees.. Not that it matters...Edelman, Sanu, Harry, Dorsett and Myers is pretty damn solid. I like Meyers a ton as well and see him as MM part deux.

The Steelers and Raiders boards have AB threads too.

We have our work cut out for us before we catch up to Pittsburghs.

the main AB thread got moved to the other forun.

If he had sent it to a loved one of your's, it would have been more than "just a tweet". Believe me.

Under what context does tweeting "Woke up feeling blackballed" at someone in my family make it more than "just a tweet"? I really don't understand...

Under what context does tweeting "Woke up feeling blackballed" at someone in my family make it more than "just a tweet"? I really don't understand...
I thought you were referring to the email he sent with the kids pictures looking for "dirt".

Still the one you referenced is still confusing. How does he feel blackballed when he hasn't gone to the league yet to state his case and close the "investigation". Even his dumbest adviser must understand that until THAT happens the league has no urgency to finish and then have to make a decision on what to do.

I wonder just how badly AB wants to come back. You should too.

I thought you were referring to the email he sent with the kids pictures looking for "dirt".

Still the one you referenced is still confusing. How does he feel blackballed when he hasn't gone to the league yet to state his case and close the "investigation".

Sure, I was pointing out how silly it was that someone was using this particular tweet as an actual legitimate reason to not welcome him back to the team. It's just a tweet, and an incredibly innocuous one at that.

Well you are stating that he hasn't gone to the league, but I think the reality of the situation is that the league didn't ask him to (like they did with the two other girls).

Still no NFL interview date for Antonio Brown

It was widely reported that the league didn't like AB being the center of attention for their 100th season (snark: they prefer the awful officiating to be front-center instead), so they have absolutely no interest in rushing to interview him and clarifying his status for other teams. Part of the blackballing that's going on with respect to him - the league doesn't want him to play this year. If a team signs him, I would expect a sudden acceleration of the investigation due to media pressure to kick him out again.

Just wait, now after we wax Cleveland on Sunday, the OBJ UNHAPPY IN CLE - TRADE CANDIDATE?!?!? threads to start. Especially, after his recent comments.
We have 10K in cap space.

No. Actually, you didn't link it previously in this thread. Maybe somewhere else, but not here. I went back and double-checked. The only post you have that linked a story was #716 that had a Yahoo link. And no where did it mention anything about a letter from the 2nd woman's lawyer thanking the league. Nor did it mention anything about the negotiations or what led up to Brown walking up to the 2nd woman with just a towel over his balls.

I'm sure everyone would like to see said article. Especially since those sorts of details didn't seem to make it into other reporter's reportings.. Just like no one seems to corroborate the NDA claims made by some..

Regarding the NDA claims, here is the article that references a confidentiality agreement between Brown and Taylor and also the fact that Brown had no obligation to disclose a potential civil complaint to the Patriots or any interested team.

Sources: Pats unaware AB involved in civil matter

Representatives for New England Patriots receiver Antonio Brown and Britney Taylor were in discussions over the past few months, but agreed their communication would remain confidential until the filing of Taylor's civil sexual assault lawsuit, sources told ESPN on Thursday.

This, the sources say, is why the Patriots and the Oakland Raiders, who released Brown last weekend, would not have known about the matter unless there was a breach in the confidentiality of those discussions.

—-

One high-ranking team source said players are not obligated to notify a team about a civil case before signing a free-agent contract. When it rises to a criminal case, he says, that dynamic obviously changes.

AB is doing a question and answer thing on twitter and was asked this question. He claims he was released because of the money.

It’s going to be awesome when’s he’s back.

Thats why BB is making all these moves so they can afford AB.

ABee
Edelmen
Dorsitt
Sunu
Henery
Miers

That a hell of a line up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes