PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t want the drama here, but if he shuts the f up and plays sure...but he has made so many statements as of late I don’t think BB will reconsider adding him back...

Can’t deny his talent, he is versatile and is fully healthy. The guy is a matchup nightmare and adds a new side of this team that has been missing for a while. He may not be as good as Moss, but definitely an upgrade.

Just do it Kraft. Just do it. I have always insisted that having AB on the team actually protects all the players from injury because Brady will not need to force it to areas where guys will take huge hit and he will not have to hold on to the ball that long because there should be easy completions available to him.
I know you are pissed off Kraft but do it for this season. What do you have to lose? Your reputation? That ship has sailed. Your money? You are more likely to lose it than not to him for not playing at all.

84 is also available.

We are f**** if gordon is done. We are already hurting bad. We have no choice but to make a move for a receiver man.

And yet you hit it with an angry rating :rolleyes: which certainly doesn't help your intellectual credibility any. I hold very much the opposite position you suggested. The point I took issue with was the statement "I doubt metoo would get involved unless there was actual evidence." In so doing unlike most posters, for instance you talking about employment at will, I cited well known and easily verifiable instances when innocent men were brutally metoo'd over less substantial allegations than have been made against Brown, one of them to the point where he commited suicide. It is preposterous to think the runaway train that metoo has become wouldn't be all over AB without evidence when a lack of it didn't keep it from destroying more than one man's career and driving another poor guy to his death over far less. I realize rational responses aren't the norm in the crap fest you and your AB at all costs brethren turn every one of these discussions into but had you looked at them in anything other than a combative way the thought being presented should have been abundantly obvious.

I've been clear from the outset I thought signing AB after the crapfests in Pittsburgh and Oakland was courting disaster. He may have the right to remain silent but he obviously lacks the capacity and loose cannons just don't belong here. But once he was signed it was what it was. Once the civil suit became public knowledge he should have been cut not for the allegations it contained but for withholding his documented knowledge it was imminent during contract negotiations. The league's own mouthpiece said the team and the league were blindsided by it. AB was under no gag order as the arbitration period had ended with the accuser stating she was going to court. He willfully chose to withhold the existence of a materially adverse condition and that is by any definition acting in bad faith. The Pats didn't cut him at that time, likely because arguably the damage was done but still it was a mistake.

If at that point he had just behaved like someone pretending to be a rational human being, which clearly he is not, and kept quietly to himself by issuing nothing other than "I'm just here to play football and won't be addressing outside issues" type comments as his representatives no doubt advised him he probably would have escaped that week. He just had to go at the artist who had already shown she was not shy about speaking out about his behavior. Whether you interpret those texts as threats or not clearly others have and AB himself put those bullets in the gun then doubled down on it by urinating on Kraft on his way out of Dodge.

No matter how you stack it if you were Kraft or the NFL at this point AB has shown himself too volatile a fruit to be worth the squeeze, that's just good business sense. Speaking of which, business is business but AB couldn't help himself and made it personal with Kraft, what more do you need to understand he just isn't stable enough to roll the dice on?

Pretty much rambling here. I ask again, what was your point? If other guys got railroaded by the me-too campaign unjustly, should we accept that to be the norm and let AB be crucified? What was the point of those examples. They just prove there’s no fairness out there. So what? Does that mean we accept me-too related unfairness here?

Pretty much rambling here. I ask again, what was your point? If other guys got railroaded by the me-too campaign unjustly, should we accept that to be the norm and let AB be crucified? What was the point of those examples. They just prove there’s no fairness out there. So what? Does that mean we accept me-too related unfairness here?

Honestly, what part of " The point I took issue with was the statement "I doubt metoo would get involved unless there was actual evidence." did you find hard to understand????

Unless English is your 3rd language you can't conceivably be so obtuse as to have twice missed a crystal clear point. I was arguing purely against the foolish contention that metoo wouldn't be willing to pillory AB without evidence when they have done exactly that plenty of times. I even included the quote. I was making the argument, the exact argument, you are: THAT IT IS WRONG FOR THAT TO HAPPEN but that hasn't stopped metoo in the past. There is no fairness in their game. Was that simple enough for you?

Last edited:
You mean when Early Bird Bob boasted about Brady being “a million percent” on board with the signing, only to leave Brady standing at the altar? Bob got his victory lap in with the signing, spewing out the story to Chris Collinsworth and every press member. What a coup he pulled off, until he decided to take a second victory lap for his warped ethics.
Ol' Bob's pious move to dump AB is looking pretty brilliant right about now. We certainly couldn't use one of the top two or three wideouts in the league right now.

Dear Bob: you're an idiot. Fix the mess you made: go trade for a top wideout, or better yet bring back the HOF-level one you hypocritically released so you don't cost this team a shot at #7. Brady can't throw to the waterboy. To paraphrase his wife, he can't throw to himself.

Kraft - why don't you snuggle s'more with Rupert . don't worry your pretty head about the O..

Honestly, what part of " The point I took issue with was the statement "I doubt metoo would get involved unless there was actual evidence." did you find hard to understand????

Unless English is your 3rd language you can't conceivably be so obtuse as to have twice missed a crystal clear point. I was arguing purely against the foolish contention that metoo wouldn't be willing to pillory AB without evidence when they have done exactly that plenty of times. I even included the quote. I was making the argument, the exact argument, you are: THAT IT IS WRONG FOR THAT TO HAPPEN but that hasn't stopped metoo in the past. There is no fairness in their game. Was that simple enough for you?

How that gets a dislike from Biffins is beyond me.

Kraft needs to go smoke some hookah with AB and make peace.

He just wants the cum back of the year award :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back