PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dreighver @Wingy why did this get a “dislike?”

The post played on all the toxic stereotypes about accusers. Money grab, not telling the truth, why did she take so long to come forward?

All questions asked to undermine the integrity of the accuser and question their ethical integrity without knowing any of the context or facts relevant to the case.

It’s no different than automatically assuming the accused is guilty, piling on additional accusations without evidence, and assuming certain inherently unethical things about the accused, again without the presentation of facts and evidence in a formal proceeding.

They’re both inherently flawed perspectives because they are based on stereotypes and generalizations.

When you assume the accuser is being dishonest, disingenuous, and deceitful, you’re implying they’re a morally/ethically corrupt person, in the same way some assume the accused is an ethically/morally corrupt person based on an accusation alone.

We should take both the accuser and the accused in good faith, be as impartial as possible, and allow the legal proceedings to occur, and reach a well-informed conclusion based on said proceeding.

Last edited:
The Elliot investigation took a year not including all the injunctions and appeals. By the time the NFL is done this time Brown will be in his second or third season as a Jet.
Rosenhaus said there was one team that was really aggressive trying to sign Brown. I’m pretty sure it was the Jets trying to pair him up with Bell/Darnald.

He wasn't charged but the accuser did file a police report the prosecutor just didn't bring the charges against Elliot because he didn't have the evidence but he said he believed the victim.

I haven't read the full civil suit but i'm assuming there is nothing in there about her going to the police. That kind of is a big thing and shouldn't be overlooked. She alleges 3 incidents happened and she never once went to the cops and instead waited over a year to file a suit and one of her "exhibits" is she took a polygraph. A. POLYGRAPH. Polygraphs are inadmissible. Putting that in there is basically saying "PLEASE SETTLE OUT OF COURT".
I agree with you. I’m just saying that Goodell doesn’t need criminal charges brought forth. He tends to make his own rules up as he goes along. I’m not optimistic that Brown will be a positive contributor, put it that way. Hope I’m wrong, of course.

Well, it was fun while it lasted, which was about 48 hrs.

Maybe it's just me, the most enjoyable part of the past few days was the actual FOOTBALL GAME. All this other crapola.............?

What "2" receiving weapons?

You don’t consider Thomas and Brown receiving weapons? If Brown can’t play, we just lost both on the same day. Again, it’s not the end of the world, but it certainly blows.

What makes you think anyone on the team is distracted?

Newly signed diva WR accused of rape. Of course Bill is as good as it gets for damage control and will have the ready to go on Sunday.

What makes you think we need Brown for the Miami game?

Rosenhaus said there was one team that was really aggressive trying to sign Brown. I’m pretty sure it was the Jets trying to pair him up with Bell/Darnald.

That seems like a reasonable conclusion.

You don’t consider Thomas and Brown receiving weapons? If Brown can’t play, we just lost both on the same day. Again, it’s not the end of the world, but it certainly blows.

The only one lost is Thomas, and that's not a big loss.

Trading away DT with the idea that Brown would be playing didn’t help. We just lost 2 receiving weapons that could’ve potentially helped. It shouldn’t be that big of a deal, but losing both sucks.
Thomas was inactive Sunday. Coach's decision.

Antonio Brown will be at practice tomorrow.

Who have the Patriots lost exactly? Or are you just trolling?

I have a hard time believing the pats traded DT to a division rival knowing AB could be cut or suspended over this acquisition. DT would of been kept imo.
This was my same argument until I read their statement + the news about the NFL investigation.

there is only one full blown conclusion on this matter..the timing tells me one thing for sure...this beeotch accuser is either a Jets,Dolphins,Bills or Chiefs fan

I have a hard time believing the pats traded DT to a division rival knowing AB could be cut or suspended over this acquisition. DT would of been kept imo.

Yeah, they both would have been a huge help during the Steelers game.

Trading away DT with the idea that Brown would be playing didn’t help. We just lost 2 receiving weapons that could’ve potentially helped. It shouldn’t be that big of a deal, but losing both sucks.

I think D. Thomas was traded not because of Brown but because of the emergence of Dorsett and Meyers, with the preference for a rookie (Harry) as the next man up instead of an older vet whose lost a lot of athleticism. I don’t see Thomas as anywhere near Brown or Gordon’s skill level, so even if Brown doesn’t play a down in NE, I don’t think the plan is much different with or without Thomas. It’s Edelman and (hopefully) Gordon, Dorsett, and Meyers, with the possibility of Harry catching on late.

Way too soon to say Brown will be suspended though. The Brown mystery is perplexing. What on earth happened in Oakland, and then why does the plaintiff wait until the day he starts with the Patriots? There’s no way that’s just coincidental.

33-3.

Thomas was inactive Sunday. Coach's decision.

Antonio Brown will be at practice tomorrow.

Who have the Patriots lost exactly? Or are you just trolling?
Since when have you ever known me to purposely troll?

If the NFL is investigating, it’s probably a safe bet to prepare for the possibility that he won’t play. It’s not like this is an idea exclusive to me. It’s basically what everyone is talking about.

Is whatever information the NFL gloms into in its “investigation” discoverable by the parties in the lawsuit? (To be fair, I expect most of it to be stuff the parties could get out of each other in the normal course of discovery anyways.)

Can brown get a independent arbitrator if hes suspended?

Did I say he was needed?

You gave my post a disagree that said we don’t need brown against Miami but it would help build their chemistry.

If the NFL is investigating, it’s probably a safe bet to prepare for the possibility that he won’t play.

How long do you think NFL investigations take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back