PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minimally, Brown won't play on Sunday. It needs to unfold a little but that one game is out.

Instead of multi-quoting everyone who quoted me. I'll clarify here:

I was not speaking in the LEGAL sense, but the moral sense. I absolutely agree with our fundamental laws of due process. I was just saying that it is best to err on the side of the victim in order to protect victims and make actual victims more willing to come out. Same deal with victims of domestic violence.

Keep trying. While it almost never lives up to it, our legal system is based upon moral precepts. This is because accusers often have impure motives and/or their memories are often subconsciously modified to conform to a falsely virtuous self-image. Accusers often THINK they are telling the truth—and truly believe it—-but that is not the same as telling the truth, which can only be determined by objective evidence. Morality, as well as the law, requires that we examine all the evidence before making the best judgment we can.

Are you a Chiefs fan? Because your take on this is really pretty mindless, not to mention repulsive.

If he's found guilty, of course he should go. Even if the evidence, what we have as of the moment through the media, were remotely compelling - surely you realize that once or twice in the history of rape accusations, as in 99% of them, there has been more damning evidence than this case, which so far seems to have nothing other than evidence damning the accuser - it would still be incumbent upon you, if you consider yourself a human being who prefers to be given any benefit of the doubt by any other human being should you ever stumble, or appear to have possibly stumbled, yourself; if you consider yourself someone who prefers to be treated by others like they would want you to treat them; if you consider yourself to be a willing participant and adherent to the justice system and structure of laws that we have here in this country, as opposed to what they have in, for example, China, or Somolia; if any of this applies to you at all, it is incumbent upon you to not judge this man in a way I have no doubt whatsoever you would not want to be judged yourself, i.e. completely independent of what the truth actually is, and before said truth has been revealed.

The Reader's Digest abridged version would simply be, GTFO with your "cut him before anything is proven" crap. Take it to ChiefsPlanet - I'm sure you'd be lauded there for your great wisdom.
Except he won't be found guilty because he is being sued in Civil Court for money. So he could end up losing the case and then he would be forced to pay her money, or he might settle out of court, or he might win and not have to pay her anything. But he won't be found guilty.

Hmm is there a certain legal bar he’d have to meet for one versus the other?

Defamation is really hard to prove as a public figure, almost impossible. Extortion would have a much lower bar

That was one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on this forum and that is saying something.
I’ve topped it.

If the Patriots cut the best wide receiver in football because someone was suing him in civil court they would be in a fight with the nflpa. They would lose, so technically they can cut anyone, but they still have to pay them.
I doubt it. They could cut him if they wanted to be gutless, principleless, cowardly and stupid.
But they won’t.
A woman who tried to extort money from him sued him for more money saying the sex wasn’t consensual. THAT meeting the burden of proof to take away his livelihood would be the beginning of the end of civilization.

There's nothing moral about someone (before an outcome is known) having their name bandied in the media and reputation sullied because of an accusation. People have to live with the consequences of public embarrassment.

The percentages say its better to err on the side of the accuser. And yeah, maybe I have too many SJW friends...

Would you prefer a week before the Super Bowl?
I’d have preferred before we signed him so we wouldn’t have to deal with this at all.

So glad you could once again weigh in letting everyone know how much smarter you are than them.

I was pretty clear that my post wasn't about intelligence, and was about experience. But, given that

please note that I say this without malice or arrogance, but only from having experience in the field of law, and having researched certain specific aspects of these sorts of cases:

seems to have been too advanced for your comprehension skills, perhaps, in your case, it is about me being much smarter.

shrug.gif

aaahh good ol' days when we were talking about ABs helmet....

Let us see what happens I guess.

Instead of multi-quoting everyone who quoted me. I'll clarify here:

I was not speaking in the LEGAL sense, but the moral sense. I absolutely agree with our fundamental laws of due process. I was just saying that it is best to err on the side of the victim in order to protect victims and make actual victims more willing to come out. Same deal with victims of domestic violence.

You're wrong in both senses, as it's inherently difficult, and generally almost impossible, to prove a negative. As I said, you should never post on this subject again.

The percentages say its better to err on the side of the accuser. And yeah, maybe I have too many SJW friends...
That makes sense as we all know SJW's don't give a damn about silly little things like due process...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back