PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we will get some production out of the first that we wanted to use on a WR.

Sources: AB eyed advice to expedite Raiders exit

My favorite thing about this story is that the Pats apparently offered a first rounder for Brown and the Steelers were so butthurt about the idea of him on the Pats that they took a 3rd and a 5th from Oakland instead... and then he still ended up on the Pats

Looks like you were wrong @AndyJohnson he did want to go to a contender.
Well of course that’s the spin his agent puts on it.
I’ll stick his actions they show AB cares about AB not the team, and I’ll raise you his Instagram post where he is sitting in a pile of money in a patriots uniform.

Yes, AB cares about AB. And AB wants to play for BB, and likely wanted to play for him when he was playing in PITT, and likely when PITT (probably in spite) refused to trade him to the patriots.
AB is selfish about what he wants. This is NOT unusual among SOME of the league's stars.

I’ll stick his actions they show AB cares about AB not the team, and I’ll raise you his Instagram post where he is sitting in a pile of money in a patriots uniform.

There's no spin.

Brown was released and he was a free agent for a of couple hours. He could've gone to any number of teams, some of whom were not contenders and likely could've offered him more money. He chose to sign with a contending team, which indicates that's a priority to him.

You were wrong. It's okay to admit as much.

Agreed. That is a major point that is not going to be discussed.

Brown KNEW that the Patriots were interested. Steelers wouldn't trade with us.

The question that is really all about is: Has Brown got CONFIRMATION that the Patriots would still be interestd if he got out of Oakland?

That would be Tampering. If Drew (or anyone) said "hey, we got the Pats waiting for you." Then it's pretty bad.

If Brown wanted to break free of Oakland regardless of what happened later, then it's really his problem and his problem only

But it's Antonio Brown. Do you truly think he needed confirmation that a team would be interested in signing him? Of course he wouldn't be out of a job long, and of course contending teams would want him.

I’m sure he did deliberately shoot his way out of town and he had his reasons for doing so. Not the first and won’t be the last.

A psychology professor on my campus has received numerous research grants and published numerous papers where his research has demonstrated that students staring at their smart phone are distracted and more likely to be hit by a car at intersections. ;) This would seem to be a bit of a no-brainer but I guess his experiments proving that smart phone distract people might help to eventually motivate the development of technology and/or legislation to address the problem of smart phone texting while driving (which in my opinion has become a much bigger problem than driving under the influence).
I need to write a multi-million dollar grant on the subject that compares Jet fans to masochists and see if there is a correlation. The second part of the grant will be to see if Jet fans who live in Bali have the same level of masochism. That part might take the better part of 2 years. ;)

Last edited:
But it's Antonio Brown. Do you truly think he needed confirmation that a team would be interested in signing him? Of course he wouldn't be out of a job long, and of course contending teams would want him.
All true. But even the most reasonable speculation is still speculation.

The matter is if there was certainty.

as to the games, I've peeked in every now and then, but it you bet the under on every game, you are going to clean up.

Clearly the defenses are way ahead of the offenses thus far. I don't expect tonight's game to be any different. First team to 20 wins.

View attachment 24141
That’s cool. Every time I’m at PVD (which is basically always) I see this bad boy and take a pic of it. This was from Monday. Hopefully he caught a glimpse of it.
Too bad they couldn’t send it out to Cali to pick him up. Is it stupid to ask who is paying for the jet and limo AB took?

Everything which transpired was orchestrated by Antonio, BB, and James Harrison. What the world doesn't know is the next shoe to drop, and Leveon Bell ending up with the Patriots by Halloween.

"I don't understand why Pitt couldn't win it all with these guys - we did."

-Bill Belichick to Robert Kraft as the SB LIV trophy is being presented

All true. But even the most reasonable speculation is still speculation.

The matter is if there was certainty.

I just don't think anything is going to come from this. Spygate happened because our opponent complained. Deflategate happened because our opponent complained. Oakland doesn't seem to care.

I just don't think anything is going to come from this. Spygate happened because our opponent complained. Deflategate happened because our opponent complained. Oakland doesn't seem to care.
I hope so, brother.

I hope so

After Deflategate, I don't trust that there are good intentions in the NFL

There's no spin.

Brown was released and he was a free agent for a of couple hours. He could've gone to any number of teams, some of whom were not contenders and likely could've offered him more money. He chose to sign with a contending team, which indicates that's a priority to him.

You were wrong. It's okay to admit as much.
No I was not. All of his actions show he cares about himself.
He didn’t post an Instagram of him in a patriot uniform in front of their banners or trophies.
He posted a picture of him sitting in a pile of money saying business is boomin.
The fact that the team that gave him 15 mill is a winner is secondary

You are wrong. There is overwhelming evidence. It’s ok to admit that.

It goes without saying that we all hope that Mort beats his cancer but it is truly sad seeing him on TV. It is noble of ESPN to keep him on TV and on its payroll (maybe it’s not noble and ESPN execs just have no choice because they would get slaughtered if they fired an employee fighting cancer) because I’m sure he would have been canned a long time ago if it was just about salary compared to value to the company but I’m pretty sure he is just making sh*t up at this point.
More like Mort could blow the lid off the ESPN framegate consmearacy if they fired him so they’re just waiting it out. Would that really surprise anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back