PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had one foot in the "RKK cut him too soon" category and should've waited/called the NFL's bluff regarding the C/E list. But, all subsequent reporting shows that something is known by teams re: his status/ability, and it definitely isn't in regards to his ability (or lack thereof)
Brown himself has openly acknowledged the fact that he won’t be returning until 2020 via tweets, and yet there are still people who act as if though the team had much (any) say in the matter.

The “personal feelings” that Brady had obviously weren’t directed at Bob freaking Kraft. They were directed at the unfair process from the league.

I think the best thing AB has done is added a lot of variety to GDT discussion. Now, whether it's a missed kick, a bad ref call, a failure to run the ball, a 3 and out, or whatever else, the same 12 people will bring up AB every time.

I love it!
Patsfans perhaps even bring him up during sex, taking out the trash or doing the laundry.

While I would have liked him back, I’m withholding further judgement on that until I see what Harry can, or cannot, do for the offense and Brady.
What judgement is that?

Brown himself has openly acknowledged the fact that he won’t be returning until 2020 via tweets, and yet there are still people who act as if though the team had much (any) say in the matter.

The “personal feelings” that Brady had obviously weren’t directed at Bob freaking Kraft. They were directed at the unfair process from the league.
Fans around here hate Kraft and will use anything to fortify their positions.

Fans around here hate Kraft and will use anything to fortify their positions.
Sometimes it really does seem that way.

I can tell you this—if Brady and Belichick wanted to keep Brown, Kraft wouldn’t have interfered, especially after the 43-0 win at Miami.

I think there’s blame to go around for Brown, for the league, and possibly even for the way his accuser sat on the information and how she handled it, but I just don’t see it for Bob Kraft. I’m sure it’s in there somewhere, but he’s got to be low on the totem pole of blame. Of course, others will see it differently so I respect their views too, I just can’t get behind blaming Kraft, that’s all.

I can tell you this—if Brady and Belichick wanted to keep Brown, Kraft wouldn’t have interfered, especially after the 43-0 win at Miami.
If Belichick had said "I want to keep Brown, and if you force a release, I'm quitting.", I guarantee you Kraft wouldn't force a release. And I bet even without going to that extreme he could have gotten Kraft to back off if BB wanted him to.

So while Belichick probably did want to keep Brown, at least for a bit longer, he clearly didn't want Brown enough to bother pushing the issue. So if you're gonna be hating on Kraft because you view Brown as some vitally-imporant piece, you need to be saving some of that hate for BB too.

Sometimes it really does seem that way.

I think there’s blame to go around for Brown, for the league, and possibly even for the way his accuser sat on the information and how she handled it, but I just don’t see it for Bob Kraft. I’m sure it’s in there somewhere, but he’s got to be low on the totem pole of blame. Of course, others will see it differently so I respect their views too, I just can’t get behind blaming Kraft, that’s all.
I also have problems with Kraft but they have nothing to do with AB or rub n tugs but everything to do with caving into league witch hunts.

I’d play him but I don’t have moral standards that apply to football.

I also have problems with Kraft but they have nothing to do with AB or rub n tugs but everything to do with caving into league witch hunts.
Well, it’s going to be hard to defend him on that one, although there are theories that suggest that he was assured that the investigation and potential punishment were going to be more reasonable.

Patsfans perhaps even bring him up during sex, taking out the trash or doing the laundry.

Why is it I believe the fans obsessed with AB aren't getting any and their Moms do their laundry?

Remember when we were wondering which passing offense was better? 2007 (Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Gaffney) or 2019 (AB, Gordon, D Thomas, Edelman)? Ah. Those were the days.

Your judgement will wait for a cold day in hell

If it does, I don't think it's going to be because the passing game is a juggernaut. It'll be because it's just good enough to get the job done. But if/when he clears this clear cash grab of a case and Harry either goes down again, or can't get separation from professional corners, I don't see why they wouldn't bring him back. Guy wasn't a problem in the locker room and seems to be very well liked by the GOAT. That's to make no mention about his world-class talent and the fact that he would immediately change what personnel groupings the Pats can line up in on offense.

Last edited:
Remember when we were wondering which passing offense was better? 2007 (Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Gaffney) or 2019 (AB, Gordon, D Thomas, Edelman)? Ah. Those were the days.
2019 Thomas and Gordon - world beaters extraordinaire. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, it’s going to be hard to defend him on that one, although there are theories that suggest that he was assured that the investigation and potential punishment were going to be more reasonable.
Hes on record as saying he had faith in the league to do the right thing. Idiot.

If it does, I don't think it's going to be because the passing game is a juggernaut. It'll be because it's just good enough to get the job done. But if/when he clears this clear cash grab of a case and Harry either goes down again, or can't get separation from professional corners, I don't see why they wouldn't bring him back. Guy wasn't a problem in the locker room and seems to be very well liked by the GOAT. That's to make no mention about his world-class talent and the fact that he would immediately change what personnel groupings the Pats can line up in on offense.
I'm not getting into this with you.

In watching that clip of Anna Nicole Smith show, I have no idea how it applies to the 07 vs 19 offense comparison (which is no longer a valid comparison): Is AB akin to Anna Nicole Smith and one represents each year? Or is it her show is a representation of the decline of western civilization in a uniquely applicable comparative way to the presently declining 19 offense? :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST