PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown talks about playing for, being released by Patriots

He was here like 2 weeks and he says it's the best time he's had in his football career? He must be medicated now and that's why he's under control and also maybe why he's dropping game winners in the endzone.

I think we make a run at the Superbowl in 2019 if we kept AB...Edelman and AB would've been enough I think
I completely agree and will go one further: if we kept Brown (who I agreed with cutting, he was losing his mind) for his contract Brady would have stayed and would still be here now.

I completely agree and will go one further: if we kept Brown (who I agreed with cutting, he was losing his mind) for his contract Brady would have stayed and would still be here now.
Perhaps. I'd like to think so but length of contract was a BIG issue for TFB.
I did not agree with Krafts precipitous cutting of AB. A game sitting discipline may have been in order if he had been instructed to STFU on social media as I believe to be so.
Back to the original point I read where Brady said a QB was made by his receivers. The outlook was bleak in NE for wideouts and TEs. Still is below par. I think that Tampa was a grass really IS greener thing for Tom and he woulda left. He's happy now. Happy wife, happy life.

That whole statement seemed like it had a lot of Brady influence - mature, humble, appreciative.

If Brown never gets released, it's possible to think we'd have the offense to compete/win the SB that year and Brady stays.

We'll never know, but it certainly would've been a lot more likely... what could've been, man. But it's okay. I do have to say it's nice to hear all of this from AB, I like to see all this water going under the bridge this week.

Eh, I still wouldn’t put that on Belichick. I think the decision to let Brown go had more to do with Kraft than him. Kraft was under a lot of heat for being a jerkoff and also had some pressure from outraged Social Justice Warriors to contend with.
I get that.

However

All the blame goes to AB. All he has to do is not send that dumb text and we have the most Superbowls in franchise history.

Who knows , maybe AB would have been extended and maybe Brady decides to stay as well.

AB was the tool and gets all the blame

I get that.

However

All the blame goes to AB. All he has to do is not send that dumb text and we have the most Superbowls in franchise history.

Who knows , maybe AB would have been extended and maybe Brady decides to stay as well.

AB was the tool and gets all the blame
It’s ridiculous that he got suspended over that text message.

It’s ridiculous that he got suspended over that text message.
It is, but sadly we live in the #metoo time whether we want to or not.

It's hard but anyone working in entertainment today knows the rules and risks

It is, but sadly we live in the #metoo time whether we want to or not.

It's hard but anyone working in entertainment today knows the rules and risks
The SJW/perpetually offended brigade has a 15 second attention span. The team should have stuck with him and let Brady work with him. Like this fiasco with Meyer, it would have blown over in a week or two, tops, and people would have moved on to the next outrage du jour.

The SJW/perpetually offended brigade has a 15 second attention span. The team should have stuck with him and let Brady work with him. Like this fiasco with Meyer, it would have blown over in a week or two, tops, and people would have moved on to the next outrage du jour.
That's a lot to speculate.

AB was already under issues with a rape allegation. Totally made up as a cash grab IMO.

But given that hot water, he should have been extra cautious not to do anything stupid.

He did, he added fuel to the fire.

How do you trust a guy that does that?

I won't blame Bill or Kraft for something stupid AB did

That whole statement seemed like it had a lot of Brady influence - mature, humble, appreciative.

If Brown never gets released, it's possible to think we'd have the offense to compete/win the SB that year and Brady stays.
You're on to something, I think.

Tom: Don't go out there and bash them, it's low class. Take the high road. People will remember.

This really didn't have anything to do with all that SJW stuff. The NFL has had a serious problem with domestic violence, abuse, sexual harassment for many years - Ray Rice, the Cowboys cheerleaders, etc.

Brown's tweet was stupid, out of line, and intimidating. He has to own that. He did what he did to scare and intimidate the woman. You just don't do that. "Those her Kids" - showing other guys (who call him "sir") pictures of her kids and asking them to look in to her?

Yeah, sure, no big deal.

1633460316614.png

This really didn't have anything to do with all that SJW stuff. The NFL has had a serious problem with domestic violence, abuse, sexual harassment for many years - Ray Rice, the Cowboys cheerleaders, etc.

Brown's tweet was stupid, out of line, and intimidating. He has to own that. He did what he did to scare and intimidate the woman. You just don't do that. "Those her Kids" - showing other guys (who call him "sir") pictures of her kids and asking them to look in to her?

Yeah, sure, no big deal.

View attachment 36316

He wasn’t threatening her kids…at least you must agree on that. Was the text in poor taste? Probably, though the context is she threw him under the bus with an alleged “sexual misconduct” incident that didn’t appear to have any sexual misconduct. He’s using his resources to fight back, just as many athletes would use legal intimidation, etc. If you read what he writes, it’s that he thinks she‘s a fraud and that her dishonesty and lack of credibility should be exposed.

Regardless, I can see why these texts were out of line and why they should be condemned.

But to release a player over this? By what precedent exactly? This isn’t domestic violence. This isn‘t in the stratosphere of that type of conduct.

• Winner
Reactions: PP2

Yeah, sure, no big deal.

View attachment 36316
That text is an absolute nothingburger unless you’re looking for something to be outraged by. Considering the fact that we’re discussing this on the internet, my guess is the answer to that question would be “yes.” But you do you.

He wasn’t threatening her kids…at least you must agree on that. Was the text in poor taste? Probably, though the context is she threw him under the bus with an alleged “sexual misconduct” incident that didn’t appear to have any sexual misconduct. He’s using his resources to fight back, just as many athletes would use legal intimidation, etc.

But whatever, I can see why these texts were out of line and why they should be condemned.

But to release a player over this? By what precedent exactly? If a player gets into a shouting match with his girlfriend and swears at her via text, he‘ll be released? This isn’t domestic violence. This isn‘t in the stratosphere of that type of conduct.
If I got accused of sexual assault when there wasn’t any actual sexual assault and I had that kind of money, I’d hire someone to look into her past too. The difference is I wouldn’t be stupid enough to actually include her in the text. Justifying releasing the guy over that is a reach. But that’s what we do here. The team is never wrong.

If I got accused of sexual assault when there wasn’t any actual sexual assault and I had that kind of money, I’d hire someone to look into her past too. The difference is I wouldn’t be stupid enough to actually include her in the text. Justifying releasing the guy over that is a reach. But that’s what we do here. The team is never wrong.

It’s funny people think he was released over the text. That was the out Kraft was looking for. He wanted to release him after the sexual assault civil suit was filed (reported at the time); the problem was that by doing so, they were in a murky situation with guaranteed money because the alleged incident occurred prior to signing with the Patriots and it was a gray area about whether he had to disclose it because of confidentiality, potential settlement, etc. They were waiting for him to fart outside the bathroom. This gave Kraft his chance and gave Goodell a perfect opportunity to black ball him and effectively suspend him for an extra year without NFLPA representation.

How is that Deshaun Watson investigstion coming along, I wonder. 23 women accusing him, versus AB’s best friend who went clubbing with him all the time and scammed him twice. The PR of the NFL, HandBOB’s embarrassment, and AB ****ing the Raiders all made him a huge target.

He wasn’t threatening her kids…at least you must agree on that. Was the text in poor taste? Probably, though the context is she threw him under the bus with an alleged “sexual misconduct” incident that didn’t appear to have any sexual misconduct. He’s using his resources to fight back, just as many athletes would use legal intimidation, etc. If you read what he writes, it’s that he thinks she‘s a fraud and that her dishonesty and lack of credibility should be exposed.

Regardless, I can see why these texts were out of line and why they should be condemned.

But to release a player over this? By what precedent exactly? This isn’t domestic violence. This isn‘t in the stratosphere of that type of conduct.
Most guys wouldn't think so - many, many women would disagree.

You DO NOT share pictures of someone's kids with your entourage. You. Just. Don't.

As for releasing him - that's another story, one likely having more to do with suspension and Kraft than anything else.

Most guys wouldn't think so - many, many women would disagree.

You DO NOT share pictures of someone's kids with your entourage. You. Just. Don't.

As for releasing him - that's another story, one likely having more to do with suspension and Kraft than anything else.
She posted them on social media. Why would it be wrong to share them with people via text when she made it available for public consumption in the first place?

That text is an absolute nothingburger unless you’re looking for something to be outraged by. Considering the fact that we’re discussing this on the internet, my guess is the answer to that question would be “yes.” But you do you.
I don't ever look for things to be outraged about - I spend more time shaking my head at outrage coming MY way over stupid **** on social media.

Hire an investigator to look into her past? That's kind of standard operating procedure in a lawsuit, sure - except, this woman wasn't suing him, explicitly said she wanted no remuneration.

And your later response: "The difference is I wouldn’t be stupid enough to actually include her in the text." Sure, because you're not an entitled *******.

It wasn't "stupidity," it was on purpose. He was trying to scare her.

I don't ever look for things to be outraged about - I spend more time shaking my head at outrage coming MY way over stupid **** on social media.

Hire an investigator to look into her past? That's kind of standard operating procedure in a lawsuit, sure - except, this woman wasn't suing him, explicitly said she wanted no remuneration.

Suuuuuure she didn’t.

And your later response: "The difference is I wouldn’t be stupid enough to actually include her in the text." Sure, because you're not an entitled *******.

It wasn't "stupidity," it was on purpose. He was trying to scare her.

So what?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back