• Yes, make it happen BB!

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • No, we can spend out money/assets better elsewhere

Votes: 73 80.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hit me that the Squealers Org. has some Jete-like qualities.

So basically what happens to every NFL player at any point in their career...

Isn't this situation unique? I don't remember a star player dumping on his team at a critical time like this. I wonder what Belichick would do if it was a Pats player.

Say what you want about Bill Cowher, but at least he kept the players in check when it came to football; and the Steelers were full of jerks, too (i.e. Joey Porter, Plaxico Buress, Santonio Holmes, etc). Tomlin, like Cowher, inherited a great front office that drafts loads of talent to add to that roster, but Tomlin can't keep them in check. Between the players public reactions to the Le'Veon Bell drama, and now Antonio Brown; the HC has let the Steelers become a mess.

I'd say the same thing, in reverse, when it comes to the Baltimore Ravens when comparing Brian Billick to John Harbaugh. The front office provides each coach with loads of talent, but Billick let them run-wild, draw stupid penalties, get tossed out of games, etc. But when Harbaugh took over - despite inheriting a bunch of thugs - he kept them in check, and they weren't nearly as reckless and disorganized on the field as they once were.

As a fan, both Harbaugh and Cowher are two head coaches that I've always wanted to punch in the face with all their obnoxious yelling and screaming from the sidelines, but at least they keep their players in check.

Brown posted this on his Instagram today:

EHBxZxS.jpg

Antonio Brown (@ab) • Instagram photos and videos

Isn't this situation unique? I don't remember a star player dumping on his team at a critical time like this. I wonder what Belichick would do if it was a Pats player.

I meant, it's not much of a threat, well keep him until he sucks. Thats what every team does. If Tomlin has a spine he would cut him outright or at least trade him to the Browns as punishment. Nobody takes care of malcontents like BB

Man. When exactly was this? Because if this was while Bell was still with the team, it gives even more context to why Bell held out and refused to report at all.
That and why Harrison came to the light last year. Makes perfect sense. They treat their players like cattle. At least BB let's them go while they can still find work and never bad mouths them.

AB will be traded to the 49ers.

AB will be traded to the 49ers.
AB can force his way out of town. Maybe the steelers ahve learned their lesson about keeping malcontents around and not getting ANY trade value (see Leveon Bell)

There have been players who have shot their way out of town before, sure.

Terrell Owens at Philly comes to mind.

Yea, whatever.

I hate the Steelers as much as anyone, but BSPN????

They are so unethical. As most media are.

But "one ex-teammate said" ????? Come on?

We've seen the accurate press we get.

BSPN can rot in Heck.
I blame them , at the top, with the "Cheater" label.

There's always been a rivalry, banter.. between fans.

But, Goodell started the hate within the league more than ever, IMO.

His over the top, tough guy, My way or the highway punishments ruined the
sense of even play.
He, and the owners who hired him, are idiots.

Good job dum@55es

So you're Brown and you want out, what do you do? You start dropping balls! This has potential to get really ugly. What if Brown just stops catching balls? Will the NFL come down on him? Well, he's not a Patriot, so unlikely, but still...

I vaguely remember reading a cap analysis that said he's nearly untradeable. Aged memory failing here.

He’s not worth the scratch. We could get five players off practice squads and guys like van noy who sucked in Detroit, coach them up and suddenly they are as good as brandin cooks

I vaguely remember reading a cap analysis that said he's nearly untradeable. Aged memory failing here.
He has both a high dead cap hit and a high cap hit, so it would be a wash in terms of money. Actually, pretty sure it would be about a million dollar difference, so like Rooney said, it’s nothing that would prevent them. They’d be on the hook for a 21m dead hit or something, but then they’d save a 22m cap hit since he’d no longer be on the books.

They could also trade him and split the dead cap hit up 14/7, so they’d save about 7m this season and 14m next season. I believe they’d have to do that post-June 1st, though.

Edit: looks like the 14/7 split would be if he were designated a post-June 1 cut, and that’s not going to happen, but they could still split the dead cap hit up almost 50/50 over the next two years via a trade. It’s not an ideal situation for them, but they could save cap money in both seasons and solve their locker room issue if they wanted to.

Last edited:
This is a marriage that ended and both are living in the same house. Next step is a physical assault.

There is no going back from this, if the Steelers don't realize that and trade him they are stupid and there will be more drama next season.

Pathetic they don’t reach the AFC championship more. They have too much talent, what a dumpster fire. I hate their fans so it amuses me.

Throw a flier on A. Brown or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday