• Yes, make it happen BB!

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • No, we can spend out money/assets better elsewhere

Votes: 73 80.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are banking on Gordon coming back, I'm gonna tell you the chances now are slim to none.

Gordon is first of all messed up in the head, and second of all was going to be suspended by the NFL for violations of the substance abuse policy. So no I don't see him being able to come back next year.

Pats either draft a WR (they are notoriously bad at doing so) or they trade for a ready made receiver (hit or miss but they have acquired some great guys like Wes Welker, Moss, Cooks, Amendola, etc.).

Brown will only see decline from here. What I'd rather do is pick an early round WR or trade for an Allen Robinson type of guy, or another veteran WR similar to Cooks.

But honestly, if we are somehow able to get Gordon back next year, we have a "WR1" and should be looking to draft an early WR next year. Without Gordon, the draft plan stays the same but we should sign/trade for a solid WR2 too. Won't lie, but Edelman's basically one of the best WRs in the league, and he's always been the WR1.

I wouldn't touch him and neither would Bill.

Zero chance of him suiting up for this team... he will wind up with big bucks for a languishing team where he and Leveon can text each about how bad they had it in Pittsburgh..

In light of the other thread having been started on this issue

Should the Patriots trade for Antonio Brown next season?

I thought I'd point out a few potential WRs that would be more reasonably attainable. At this stage in their careers, they're all limited players, but would fit roles immediately, and several still have potential to produce more than they have to date.

The re-signings:

Patterson
Hogan
Dorsett

The currently due to be available FAs:

Golden Tate
Cole Beasley
Jamison Crowder
Adam Humphries (if the market for his services doesn't push his number too high)
Geronimo Allison (RFA)
Robby Anderson (RFA)

I’d take Tate preferred but any on the list sounds more realistic

Wow, just wow. Just...wow. Tomlin told the team they will dump him when his production falls off. This may be the worst example of leadership I’ve ever seen. I will say this convinced me that Tomlin isn’t the guy making these decisions. This obviously must be a GM or ownership level decision. I wonder if Tomlin gets to even make disciplinary decisions when superstars are involved.

Report: Tomlin told players Brown will be gone when his production goes down

i dunno, i think the owner said he doesn't see Brown being back next year, so to me it seemed ownership was all in getting rid of him

lmao at this, not only the decision to keep him, but also the qualification that was shared about it

Whatttttttt!! That would be about the worst possible way to handle that situation. What kind of message is he trying to send

Tomlin isn't HC material and this is one of the many reasons why. You know this topic is going to generate a lot of talk in the media. Shut up and deal with it internally. It will now start to resonate with other players as well. Bell is more than likely out and AB is on his way out. Good luck winning that division.

While we are talking AFC north, Ray Lewis killed a couple of people. Just want to leave it out there :D

Wow, just wow. Just...wow. Tomlin told the team they will dump him when his production falls off. This may be the worst example of leadership I’ve ever seen. I will say this convinced me that Tomlin isn’t the guy making these decisions. This obviously must be a GM or ownership level decision. I wonder if Tomlin gets to even make disciplinary decisions when superstars are involved.

Report: Tomlin told players Brown will be gone when his production goes down

This is clearly coming from Rooney. He had a conference call with fans either yesterday or the day before and now this is coming out.

giphy.gif

So the Steelers couldn't get what they wanted in a trade for AB. So they are going to milk production from him until he becomes more of a problem than what he is worth. I have no problem with management saying that behind closed doors. But saying that to other players is just plain stupid. It makes players feel like a disposable commodity to be used by the team. Not a good look at all.

He deserved the diss from Tomlin after he quit on his team. Query how this helps said team, however. Since it's the Steelers, who cares? The more distracting drama the better!

I guess Tomlin wants to keep the production but somehow tell the other 52 players that being late and uncooperative is still bad and something they shouldn't do.

Tomlin wouldn't have benched Butler in the super bowl!

(i'm joking, I'm not trying to restart THAT conversation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back