• Yes, make it happen BB!

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • No, we can spend out money/assets better elsewhere

Votes: 73 80.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should the Patriots trade for Antonio Brown next season?

I checked it out and the Pats have over 113 million dollars in free cap space for 2019.

This means that they can be spenders in free agency and can start rebuilding for another push around Tom Brady.

Add one of the best big play NFL wide receivers in Antonio Brown to the team, and this could be an explosive offense again next season.

Word around the NFL is that Antonio Brown is unhappy in Pittsburgh and he is in fact on the trading block.

Trade compensation is probably the only question because in terms of money we can afford him. His salary will be 12.6m next year, and only 11.3m the following year.

Do you feel the Patriots should pursue Antonio Brown and give Brady one more premium offensive weapon next year?

Steelers won’t trade him here, not worth discussing.

You know what you're right. I was looking at 2020, I should have been looking at 2019. My bad.

Overthecap says the Pats have 22m in 2019 and 113m in 2020.

Source:
New England Patriots Salary Cap | Over the Cap

Don't worry about it. I'd wait for our season to be over and see where the Pats are going with certain contracts before trying to make too much sense of what role they can play in the FA market anyway.

I checked it out and the Pats have over 113 million dollars in free cap space for 2019.

This means that they can be spenders in free agency and can start rebuilding for another push around Tom Brady.

Add one of the best big play NFL wide receivers in Antonio Brown to the team, and this could be an explosive offense again next season.

Word around the NFL is that Antonio Brown is unhappy in Pittsburgh and he is in fact on the trading block.

Trade compensation is probably the only question because in terms of money we can afford him. His salary will be 12.6m next year, and only 11.3m the following year.

Do you feel the Patriots should pursue Antonio Brown and give Brady one more premium offensive weapon next year?

This thread already exists. Here it is...

Would you want Antonio Brown?

I would be for it but theres zero chance Pitt would trade him to us so I haven’t thought alot about it. They will ship him off to the nfc or a bottom dweller in afc.

According to Ian Rapaport, Pittsburgh will not trade Brown to NE, Baltimore, or Cleveland.

God no...

and there is already a thread on this

If you want to spend draft assets and cap space on a game changer, fine.. butt not Antonio Brown, they gave that dude so much money and he turned into a headcase that was a detriment to the locker room

Brown will only see decline from here. What I'd rather do is pick an early round WR or trade for an Allen Robinson type of guy, or another veteran WR similar to Cooks.

But honestly, if we are somehow able to get Gordon back next year, we have a "WR1" and should be looking to draft an early WR next year. Without Gordon, the draft plan stays the same but we should sign/trade for a solid WR2 too. Won't lie, but Edelman's basically one of the best WRs in the league, and he's always been the WR1.

I highly doubt AB comes to the patriots because Steelers rather sit him a whole year instead of letting him come here.

He is talented for sure and can be a deep threat and can be explosive.

I rather us focus on making our defense better, we need to upgrade our LB core and maybe look for the next replacement at our safety level.
We also need to keep improving our o-line, Andrews is fine, but we really need to upgrade that position if we want to improve our running game.

I would be for it but theres zero chance Pitt would trade him to us so I haven’t thought alot about it. They will ship him off to the nfc or a bottom dweller in afc.
I already heard a report stating this.

Zero chance of him suiting up for this team... he will wind up with big bucks for a languishing team where he and Leveon can text each about how bad they had it in Pittsburgh..

Andrews is fine, but we really need to upgrade that position if we want to improve our running game.

Andrews has been rated one of the top centers in the league for a couple years now, but his cap hit ranks only 20th.

Meanwhile, the Pats 2018 regular season ground game ranked:
.. 3rd in attempts
.. 5th in yards
.. 4th in TDs

How much "improvement" would satisfy you?

They will ship him off to the nfc or a bottom dweller in afc.

Raiders.

Gru-Gru now has three 2019 first rounders ... their own #4, the #24 from CHI (Mack), and the #27 from DAL (Cooper).

PLUS, the Steelers aren't likely to play the Raiders again until 2021 - the last year of AB's current contract, when he'll be 33 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back