PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another year with Amendola: WR signs reduced contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
WR roster cut downs will be interesting to see, if/when anyone flashes a lot of potential during training camp.

Cooks
Edelman
Mitchell
Hogan
Amendola
Slater

The # of WR on the final roster has been 6 each of the last 3 seasons. There are 6 guys listed above - any cuts likely? Who's your first cut?

I think all six stick, that's a really solid WR corps to bring into the season, and since Slater isn't really a WR they'd really only be carrying 5, which is about right for a team with as many 3 and 4 WR sets as we have.

I'd take that deal. How much will it cost me?

Reminds me of the Bob Uecker joke about getting offered a $10,000 bonus to sign out of high school.

It really upset his father because they didn't have that kind of money.

Last edited:
Also says he saw the market and was unlikely to make more $ elsewhere.

Additionally, you can be sure that an overwhelming part of that salary is guaranteed. Pretty sure it is like last year where he accepts the paycut for a more-or-less guarantee that he will be on the roster.

Don't know why you got a dislike, what you said was objectively true.

Tell me about it. But then again, the poster hasn't even made one post on this forum, likely troll. The disagree is more confusing.

I think all six stick, that's a really solid WR corps to bring into the season, and since Slater isn't really a WR they'd really only be carrying 5, which is about right for a team with as many 3 and 4 WR sets as we have.

Yeah right now I think all 6 stick. When I noted that they've had 6 WR the past few seasons, that number has included Slater, so count however you'd like.

The issue with trying to make roster predictions in April is training camp. There is always some chance that a vet disappoints while someone new surprises. Right now that's a total guess though.

Injuries, too, will obviously play a factor - like they did last year with Amendola starting the season on PUP.

Don't know why you got a dislike, what you said was objectively true.

I couldn't agree more !

The Koolaid Kids just mark dislike or disagree with no comments, because they are incapable of defending their stance.

Amendola has been a great clutch player in the playoffs, but his regular season stats alone prove he was never the Welker replacement that Edelman has become.

BB values clutchness.

Was a forgone conclusion, but wow. Guy took a $4 mill pay cut to stay a Patriot. Nothing but respect for Dola.

One of the most clutch playoff performers this team has ever seen. Will go down as a legendary New England Patriot.
Well it was take a 4 mill pay cut or be cut and not get any more anywhere else. The other 4 mill was never going to be paid to him.

BB values clutchness.

True, but he also values production.
He don't ask players to take a 67% pay cut unless their performance did not meet the team's expectations.

That being said, I think we are all glad Amendola is back at a reduced rate, because of his playoff performance in clutch situations.

I give Amendola credit for the pay cut. He could have forced the Pats hands and made them cut him and then signed somewhere else fot the vet min or just a bit more and made more money this year on the whole.

Instead he takes .5M less or so to stay here in a program he likes that he wins in and make big plays in key moments.

Amendola is clutch as hell. If you have to have it and can't afford a drop then Amendola is the WR I pick and that goes for the entire NFL (assuming he can get open).

Best hands of any WR right now.

Based DA's regular season numbers the $$$$ are just about right.:)

So is WR Michael Floyd in play or not??

So is WR Michael Floyd in play or not??

Nope. I just don't see it. Cooks/Edelman/Hogan/Mitchell are locks due to talent/contract/upside.

It is potentially possible they trade Edelman but I don't see it. He is worth more here than to any other team so i doubt think the value lines up. Amendola is on a good deal and is trusted by Brady 100%. We have enough speed and talent on this team it is better that emergency spot is someone you know you can trust than an athletic option that you will need to over pay for who might not even see the field much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes