PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

another reason to love this franchise

So how much of Brady's success do you attribute to Belichick?

I love TB12 but just like Edelman, Malcolm Butler, JC Jackson, Stephen Neal, Miles Bryant, Jacobi Meyers, TB12 probably does not even have a NFL career without Belichick. That, or he has a much later journeyman entry into the league like Kurt Warner did.

Agree. Burrow was throwing to Chase. Lawrence had a superteam. Yet mac is the one who people don't want to give much credit? Bullsh-t indeed. Mac had arguably the greatest college pocket passer season ever. Do you know hard it is to complete 77% of passes all season long, in the best conference the SEC?

Mac had the two best wide receivers in college football... one of them won the freaking Heisman which receivers basically never do.

Mac had the two best wide receivers in college football... one of them won the freaking Heisman which receivers basically never do.

I'm not going to diss Devonta as I'm a big fan. But my point is other QB's also had great teammates yet Mac is the one who doesn't get credit. Years from now people will realize Mac was elevating that entire college team, not the other way around.

Agree. Burrow was throwing to Chase. Lawrence had a superteam. Yet mac is the one who people don't want to give much credit? Bullsh-t indeed. Mac had arguably the greatest college pocket passer season ever. Do you know hard it is to complete 77% of passes all season long, in the best conference the SEC?
He’s fat and can’t run. That’s all some see

I'm not going to diss Devonta as I'm a big fan. But my point is other QB's also had great teammates yet Mac is the one who doesn't get credit. Years from now people will realize Mac was elevating that entire college team, not the other way around.

Almost every awesome college QB is on a stacked team, that’s why I don’t care about it. That’s my point. It’s what they do after being drafted that I care about.

Burrow was throwing to Chase and Justin Jefferson in college. Absolutely insane. Two of the best rookie WR's of all time.

So how much of Brady's success do you attribute to Belichick?
Bill taught him what he needed to know to become the player he is today.

He’s fat and can’t run. That’s all some see
Not a having a body with less than 10 percent fat is not the same as being fat. And Mac can run. His 40 time is the same as Mahomes'.
By the way, having too low a percentage of body fat can lead to health problems.

Probably denied it because they don’t want to be associated with people that put their balls on woman’s face’s
Only a scummy thing to do when the woman doesn't WANT you to.

He didn’t though... and Bryce Young has had a better season this year.

Good lord how do you morons take what’s a compliment about Mac and get so pissy defensive about it? My point is Bama churns through Heisman caliber national championship QBs every year. It means nothing because then they all go to the NFL and suck. EXCEPT MAC. He’s FINALLY a good one in the pros from Bama. Because of what he’s doing NOW not what he did in Bama.
Bryce Young is just in his second year, and his first year as a starter, and not only has he played extremely well, he is probably the leading Heisman trophy candidate. He could be even better in his third year next year.

…but respectfully, I don’t think you have watched Alabama football the last two years, Mac had a much better season last year. I don’t think hardly any Alabama fans would argue Bryce is having a better year this year than Mac had last year. Mac’s superior performance in road games is especially notable. Admittedly, Bryce has progressively improved as one might expect for a first year starter.

He came back from two 14 point deficits against #5 Alabama in the Orange Bowl.
So? He was so highly thought of after that game that he was drafted 199th. Do you seriously think that BB had nothing to do with developing TB into the player he became?

Bryce Young is just in his second year, and his first year as a starter, and not only has he played extremely well, he is probably the leading Heisman trophy candidate. He could be even better in his third year next year.

…but respectfully, I don’t think you have watched Alabama football the last two years, Mac had a much better season last year. I don’t think hardly any Alabama fans would argue Bryce is having a better year this year than Mac had last year. Mac’s superior performance in road games is especially notable. Admittedly, Bryce has progressively improved as one might expect for a first year starter.

Mac didn’t play real road games last year except he didn’t get to sleep in his own bed I guess. Crowds were anywhere from 0 to 25% capacity

Followup to this:

Apparently Peyton was talking about Mac's playing style in some media thing he does... and left a message for Mac about it on Wednesday to make sure that he (Peyton) had it right...

Mac called him back on Friday (two days later) and apologized. "Sorry, I leave my phone off during the week." :)

Mac didn’t play real road games last year except he didn’t get to sleep in his own bed I guess. Crowds were anywhere from 0 to 25% capacity
Although I maintain Mac had a better year, it is true last year Mac didn’t have the same raucous away crowds as Bryce has struggled with a bit this year. Good point.

Bryce may have grown up on that 97 yard drive vs Auburn. He shredded Georgia

Followup to this:

Apparently Peyton was talking about Mac's playing style in some media thing he does... and left a message for Mac about it on Wednesday to make sure that he (Peyton) had it right...

Mac called him back on Friday (two days later) and apologized. "Sorry, I leave my phone off during the week." :)

This is awesome. Mac is laser focused. Probably just sleeps on a mattress in the stadium. He's doing all the right things. Like everything. Practice, playbook, with teammates, with coaches, with his time, and with media.

I have said it repeatedly but Mac Jones will become the best player he can be because of coaching. As will Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, and Justin Fields. The New England Patriots did not win by getting Mac Jones. Mac Jones won by getting the New England Patriots. And by the same token, a lot of those other players lost. And some lost big time!

thats why I don’t buy the low ceiling talk with mac. Imo his ceiling is as high as any of them being with bb and jmd. Its just up to him how hard he wants to work for it. Lance is with a pretty good system too but still a complete unknown.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back