PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

another reason to love this franchise

He didn’t though... and Bryce Young has had a better season this year.

Good lord how do you morons take what’s a compliment about Mac and get so pissy defensive about it? My point is Bama churns through Heisman caliber national championship QBs every year. It means nothing because then they all go to the NFL and suck. EXCEPT MAC. He’s FINALLY a good one in the pros from Bama. Because of what he’s doing NOW not what he did in Bama.
You really don’t know anything about Alabama football QBs!
No Bama QB has ever won the Heisman. Mac was the closest coming in 2nd last year. We won National Championships with defense and running game right up to 2017 when Saban learned he had to become offensive oriented football team.
Bryce is awesome and having an incredible year. I am sure he will win the Heisman, but he is not yet the QB Mac was at Bama.
If you asked 100 Alabama fans who would want to play in the CFP, 80 would go with Mac. Nothing against Bryce, but Mac was just that good!

Trey Lance is gonna get the entire 49ers front office fired.
I am not sure he will, he may end up being very very good. But, I think it is hard to judge a college qb who relies a lot on his physical abilities and plays in a lower level program. BGC disagrees with me on this, but I think he is a much bigger risk than Mac ever was.

So how much of Brady's success do you attribute to Belichick?

If Brady had been with the Jets, would he be the same QB? BB allowed Brady to develop. Brady achieved his potential because of BB.

I am not sure he will, he may end up being very very good. But, I think it is hard to judge a college qb who relies a lot on his physical abilities and plays in a lower level program. BGC disagrees with me on this, but I think he is a much bigger risk than Mac ever was.
How could anybody ever tell? He hardly played in college playing FCS.

If Brady had been with the Jets, would he be the same QB? BB allowed Brady to develop. Brady achieved his potential because of BB.
Agreed that BB helped TB reach his potential (that is obvious IMHO). Regarding if he landed with the Jets: I think the most recent example of super-naturally talented QB who was ruined by the organization is Andrew Luck who was ruined by the Grigson Colt organization (in contrast, in the Peyton Manning days the Colt organization was quite good, just not at the level of the Pats). The development of someone like Matthew Stanford was probably stunted by the Lion organization also. Brady is much more talented than both, but if he was stuck with the Jets all of his career, who knows, perhaps a much better Andrew Luck would be the worst case scenario. :(

IMHO, because of all of Brady’s natural gifts, I think a Drew Brees career (great career, but only one ring) would have been likely if he started with the Jets (with the ring coming from a later post-jets stint with a decent org).

I don't think Brady would have stuck in the nfl if he was drafted by most of the other teams. He wasn't ready his first year, but the pats saw enough to keep 4 qb's. How many teams would have done that. If they don't and he gets cut, what other team is going to pick him up? That is the problem with the nfl, you don't get many chances, and you need to get chances to play in the nfl.

The wisdom of BB & staff shows once again, instead of a dog and pony show orchestrated by Peyton, they kept #10 under wraps and completely focused on the Buffalo game. As time passes Peyton will get his wish, but on the Patriots terms and conditions...

I have never really cared what Peyton has wanted or said all the much, why start now??...

He didn’t though... and Bryce Young has had a better season this year.

Good lord how do you morons take what’s a compliment about Mac and get so pissy defensive about it? My point is Bama churns through Heisman caliber national championship QBs every year. It means nothing because then they all go to the NFL and suck. EXCEPT MAC. He’s FINALLY a good one in the pros from Bama. Because of what he’s doing NOW not what he did in Bama.
Morons? Social media is written in stone and there are a collection of members that don't understand that.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back