PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Day, another Dez Bryant incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone care to call any of the talking heads who lambasted the Pats for trading out of the pick Dallas used on this clown and ask them if they care to rethink their sentiments? I know McCourty was a big disappointment last year but I'd rather have a guy like him over Dez Bryant.

Talking Heads heck; there were a lot of people on this forum who loved Dez and killed me when I said he was not even on the Patriots board.

Last edited:
Well...McCourty was basically like a 1000 yard receiver for the opposing team last season so it's pretty tied. Actually McCourty has about 80 yards more than Bryant.

A CB that was a rookie all pro in his rookie season and among the worst CBs in the league as a sophomore, vs. A WR who improved rookie to sophomore year (68 catches 950 yards 9 TDs), but has problems showing up in the second half, and has off field troubles.

If Dez wasn't such a dumbass I'd give the edge to him, but then people around here would start their Mccourty defending. We'll see whos the better player on the field in their 3rd season.

Guy is such a huge talent. Too bad he's as big a headache, too

And absolutely everybody saw it coming. Even Jerry Jones, except he was still so obsessed over Randy Moss that he somehow talked himself into the idea that uber-talented wideout & headcase are synonymous.

A CB that was a rookie all pro in his rookie season and among the worst CBs in the league as a sophomore, vs. A WR who improved rookie to sophomore year (68 catches 950 yards 9 TDs), but has problems showing up in the second half, and has off field troubles.

If Dez wasn't such a dumbass I'd give the edge to him, but then people around here would start their Mccourty defending. We'll see whos the better player on the field in their 3rd season.

Dez will be lucky to play in 12 games. Hopefully McCourtey is 100% entering camp and stays healthy.

Either way I'll take the guy who shows up to work everyday over a super talented head case who seems to find trouble around every corner, any day. Don't need those distractions.

A WR who improved rookie to sophomore year (68 catches 950 yards 9 TDs), but has problems showing up in the second half, and has off field troubles.

Putting aside the McCourty comparisons, I think you're missing a big issue with Dez that would have made him a particular problem with the Patriots: attitude. Or to put it another way, "football character" rather than off-field personal character.

Before the draft, there were lots of concerns about Bryant's maturity and work ethic, and he's done little since to dispel them. He looks to me like a guy who is very insecure and so constantly tries to act like he's special. He's determined to be respected, but working to earn respect is too close to an admission of weakness. Whether it's refusing to carry a vet's pads at his rookie practices, or trying to buy his way to the front of a long line at the mall, or just not believing he needs to put in extra hours training, it's always the same pattern.

I really don't think it would have gone well for him in New England.

The point is,no matter who the Pats picked at that spot, they'd STILL be dogged for not taking Bryant...THAT has always been the crybaby argument.."we should have taken Dez Bryant!!Waaaaaaaaaah!~!!"...all the whiny little tear jerkers don't care who it is we took only that we didn't take the superduperest goo gee gaa gaa WR in the draft..a fantasy football "GOD!!!!!!".

This same crap is gonna happen all over again this year...some nitwit is going to post that we should have taken some head case physical specimen instead of Chandler Jones or Hightower.,..it's a lock...the first sack that Coples gets there'll be ten threads here crying "I told you we should have traded up!!!!" I will never understand why some people are NEVER satisfied, even when there is NOTHING that can ever be done to undo what they so desperately want in HINDSIGHT. It's ridiculous...like a virus or something.

Am I a bad person for laughing?

I mean if it was the Jets, no: if it was the Patriots, yes.

But I'm absolutely neutral on Dallas.

... are you being sarcastic? If not, I'm having trouble figuring out what's fantastic about this.

I was mostly joking because of how much of an idiot he is, kind of like when Cromartie has another kid. It's disturbing but also kind of funny.

I do have some sympathy for Bryant though. His mom went to jail for dealing crack. I can't imagine he had much stability growing up or many decent role models.

Talking Heads heck; there were a lot of people on this forum who loved Dez and killed me when I said he was not even on the Patriots board.

Those same posters tend to be wrong every year, though, and should be brushed aside regardless.

Putting aside the McCourty comparisons, I think you're missing a big issue with Dez that would have made him a particular problem with the Patriots: attitude. Or to put it another way, "football character" rather than off-field personal character.

Before the draft, there were lots of concerns about Bryant's maturity and work ethic, and he's done little since to dispel them. He looks to me like a guy who is very insecure and so constantly tries to act like he's special. He's determined to be respected, but working to earn respect is too close to an admission of weakness. Whether it's refusing to carry a vet's pads at his rookie practices, or trying to buy his way to the front of a long line at the mall, or just not believing he needs to put in extra hours training, it's always the same pattern.

I really don't think it would have gone well for him in New England.

You guys are probably right that he would be a bad fit her due to attitude, but remember he is only 23 and Randy was a nutjob at that age, he even grew up for three years. :D

I just feel it is a worthy discussion and debate going forward depending on how McCourty recovers. Don't you ask "what if" it was Dez Bryant instead of Deion across Welker vs. the Jets in 2010 or the Giants in 2011?

You guys are probably right that he would be a bad fit her due to attitude, but remember he is only 23 and Randy was a nutjob at that age, he even grew up for three years. :D

I just feel it is a worthy discussion and debate going forward depending on how McCourty recovers. Don't you ask "what if" it was Dez Bryant instead of Deion across Welker vs. the Jets in 2010 or the Giants in 2011?

Oh come on now...Moss was never that much of a nutjob. Plus he was on a whole different level of talent.

Oh come on now...Moss was never that much of a nutjob. Plus he was on a whole different level of talent.

that's debatable.

On March 23, 1995, Moss backed a friend in a hallway fight against a white student who had allegedly used racist comments towards Randy's friend. Moss was initially charged with a felony for kicking the student, but it was later reduced to a misdemeanor.

On August 1, 1995, Moss pled guilty to two counts of misdemeanor battery and was sentenced to 30 days behind bars at the South Central Regional Jail in Charleston, West Virginia. He served 3 days in jail starting that night and would be required to serve the remaining 27 days within the following 18 months, after he completed his freshman year in college. Moss was expelled from DuPont and completed his education at Cabell Alternative School.

After originally signing a letter of intent to play college football with Notre Dame in 1995, Moss took part in a racially charged fight at his high school that left one person hospitalized. Notre Dame subsequently denied his enrollment application

In 1996, while serving his 30-day jail sentence in a work-release program from 1995, Moss tested positive for smoking marijuana, thus violating his probation, and was dismissed from Florida State. He served an additional 60 days in jail for the probation violation

In the NFL he mooned the GB fans and rubbed his bum on the goal post, squirted the referee with water bottle, walked off the field at the end of the game when it was still close. I think there was an incident with a female cop... Did I miss anything?

Randy Moss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that's debatable.

In the NFL he mooned the GB fans and rubbed his bum on the goal post, squirted the referee with water bottle, walked off the field at the end of the game when it was still close. I think there was an incident with a female cop... Did I miss anything?

That vs slapping your own mother around and getting sued for like 800k year one?

I think it's pretty easy to get into some fight(Dennard?) or smoke pot(AH?) and i find those offense alot more forgivable. I'll give you that Moss was a selfish ******* but i never thought of him as a bad dude.

that's debatable.

Write on the chalkboard 100 times: Dez Bryant got into a physical fight with his mother.

Write on the chalkboard 100 times: Dez Bryant got into a physical fight with his mother.

she's not a normal Mom who is baking muffins every day or things like that, she's a crack dealer and possibly a hooker.

I've heard he hit her with a baseball cap and possibly pushed her. If that's all it was then it was just dumb. If it comes out that he was trying to kill like she said in the 911 call then that's a different story.

she's not a normal Mom who is baking muffins every day or things like that, she's a crack dealer and possibly a hooker.

I've heard he hit her with a baseball cap and possibly pushed her. If that's all it was then it was just dumb. If it comes out that he was trying to kill like she said in the 911 call then that's a different story.

Are you seriously defending this moron beatng up his mother because she is a bad mother? Wow.

picard1.jpg

Stop, dude. Just stop.

The ideal family-facade began to crumble when Ward was convicted of insurance fraud and sent to San Quentin Penitentiary for 8-10 years. June struggled to keep the family together, but, in 1962, the state of California placed the two youngsters in foster care when June's drug addictions got the better of her. Without her children, June's life spiraled out of control with a series of minor run-ins with the law, from petty larceny, car break-ins, burglary and the like.

"She wasn't a bad lady," said retired Detective Sgt. Joseph Friday of the LAPD, "she just made bad choices. She didn't think she'd get caught. They never do. But they all do eventually. That's where I came in."
I Came To Sarasota For The Waters: June Cleaver's Death Ruled "Suspicious"; Her Checkered Past Revealed

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Ireland. :rocker:

Are you seriously defending this moron beatng up his mother because she is a bad mother? Wow.

'That's a clown questions bruh.'

The details of the case keep changing. At first it said he was in an argument with his brother and ended up pushing his mother and hit her with a baseball cap. That doesn't sound like a big deal to me. Now if he "beat her up" then obviously that's a totally different stroy. I haven't read that he beat her up.

No need for the condescending attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back