Justin Hunter
Deandre Hopkins
Markus Wheaton

R. Woods WR
S. Moore LB
W. Davis CB
M. Wilson WR
S. McGuffie RB

Making changes, based off various internet conjecture (this also feels way wrong, no ST players :( )
M. Wheaton WR
D.J. Hayden CB
J. Bostic LB
E. Herman OG
M. Wilson WR

Edit: I couldn't edit my original entry, but PATSNUTme said he'd delete my original when he found time.

We should change the rules where they only have 5 picks. You put your top 5 and then you can pick another 5 BUT you have to order them. If the Patriots make 6 actual selections your #6 would count, etc. If they make 6 and your number 7 gets selected too bad.

Josh Boyce WR TCU
Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State
Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin
Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
Authur Brown LB Kansas State

6 - Josh Evans S Florida
7 - Datone Jones DE UCLA
8 - Marcus Lattimore RB S Carolina
9- Jeff Tuel QB Washington St
10- John Bostic LB Florida

This is assuming no trades...

Round 1, Pick 29: DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson
Round 2, Pick 59: Alex Okafor - DE - Texas
Round 3, Pick 91: Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M
Round 7, Pick 226: Michah Hyde - CB/S
Round 7, Pick 235: A.J. Klein - ILB - Iowa State

Two receivers in rounds 1 & 3, with one being the speedy Ryan Swope. Both can work outside the hashes. We pick up our pass rushing DE in Okafor (I would hope for Hunt, but don't think he's going to drop out of the first round). We pick up depth at CB and S in Hyde with our first pick in Round 7 and a coverage ILB prospect with our second pick to back up Fletcher.

I really think the team is going to trade back or out of the first round, though, in an effort to pick up more picks. Also, don't discount moving Mallett and/or Demps for other Day 2-3 picks.

patchick has done this for many years. But as she is on a leave of absence to handle all the money she won in the Powerball:), I'll do this for her this year.

As of now the Patriots have 5 draft picks. After the possible signing of Sanders they will be down to 4. Then they will probably trade down to pick up 1 or 2 more. Then they will probably trade Mallett to the Browns for their entire draft.:D

So here is how the contest works. Pick any 5 players that you think the Patriots will draft this year. It doesn't matter which round so there is no order. Just 5 players that you think the Patriots will have drafted when it's all over on Sat 4/27.

Good luck!!!!!

Here is last years contest.
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...annual-patsfans-com-draft-contest-2012-a.html

Dion Jordan
Kennan Allen
Jessie Williams
Da'Rick Rogers
Tyrann Matheiu

Round 1- DeAndre Hopkins, WR

Round 2- Darius Slay, CB

Round 3- Sio Moore OLB/DE

Round 7A- Ace Sanders WR

Round 7B- Jake Knott OLB

Kawaan Short DL Purdue
Robert Woods WR USC
Alex Okafor DL Texas
Brandon Williams SS Georgia
Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina

Kennan Allen WR
Robert Woods WR
DJ Fluker OT/OG
DJ Hayden CB
Marcus Wheaton WR

I am hoping for a slight trade down

Jessie Williams DT
Justin Hunter WR
Barret Jones OC
Ricky Wagner OT
Daxton Swanson CB

Assuming no trades...

Round 1, Pick 29: DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson
Round 2, Pick 59: Alex Okafor - DE - Texas
Round 3, Pick 91: Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M
Round 7, Pick 226: Michah Hyde - CB/S
Round 7, Pick 235: A.J. Klein - ILB - Iowa State
You know what you're doing, Kon.

I'd switch Hopkins for USC's Robert Woods, though, in this scenario.

We need a disciplined, polished route runner.

You know what you're doing, Kon.

I'd switch Hopkins for USC's Robert Woods, though, in this scenario.

We need a disciplined, polished route runner.

I'd be perfectly fine with that. :cool:

DeAndre Hopkins WR
Datone Jones DE
Desmond Trufant CB
Kayvon Webster CB
Sam McGuffie RB

Damn this is hard, the old debate of "Who I want them to take?" versus "Who I think they will take?" is enough to drive me crazy!!!

DE Damontre Moore
OL Kyle Long
CB Dave Amerson
WR Alec Lemon (let's see if Josh can make lemonade out of a Lemon)
DT Akeem Spence

***UPDATE*** Circumstances being what they are, I am forced to redo my draft. All right, the trade first.

Chip Kelly at Philly isn't happy relying on his two starters at QB, Michael Vick and Nick Foles. Herpes and Wayne's World.

So we give him our first-rounder (29) in exchange for his second (third pick, #35) and fourth (fourth pick, #101). Sweet Moses, that's pretty good. Kelly really wants EJ Manuel or Matt Barkley. Who really cares. We take the deal in a heart beat.

So here goes:

Second Round--from Eagles--Pick 3, (35). Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State. Perfect fit for our defense. He'll be our best corner since...well, he'll look a lot like Raymond Clayborne.

Second Round, Pick 27, (59). Margus Hunt, DE, SMU. Teams weren't willing to go for him earlier because of his lack of experience at a school like SMU. He bats down balls. He's tall. And we like guys named Hunt on the D-line. Scheme-wise he's versatile and smart. Didn't he fight Rocky in Russia?

Third Round, Pick 29, (91). Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall. His Pro Day showed excellent 4.4 speed, which is what we draft high for WRs. And he's tall. Ain't that the school Troy Brown and Randy Moss played at? Big and fast. Make Brady excited for training camp. We've got to feed the beast. He was kind enough with his contract. A tall speed merchant on the outside--even if corners can stay with him, can they out-jump him?

Fourth Round--from Eagles--Pick 4, (101). Josh Boyce, WR, TCU. Look at his numbers: 40 in 4.34, 3-cone in 6.68. He's decent size, too, at 5' 11", 206 pounds. Josh Boyce, WR, TCU, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Seventh Round (226). Brandon Magee, OLB, Arizona State. Undersized, injury plagued, under the radar player who is a model citizen in the locker room. Is football a priority. Brandon Magee Scouting Report: NFL Outlook for Arizona State OLB | Bleacher Report

Seventh Round (235). I love Micah Hyde, the CB/S from Iowa. He's just a football player who makes plays, even chasing down 4.4/40 RBs who play for Northwestern. If his forty were faster, he'd be a lot higher. Look to him to make an immediate impact on special teams.

Free Agent: Chris McDonald, the experienced Michigan State OG, who is the brother of Nick, who plays backup for us.

Screw it.

Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
David Bass Jr., DE, Missouri Western State

Fallbacks
Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State

Screw it.

Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
David Bass Jr., DE, Missouri Western State

Fallbacks
Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State

I'd stay away from Mathieu, but maybe the wild-eyed insanity of Dennard, Talib and Mathieu will scare receivers from even running their routes.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back