PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Announced Patriots cuts: countdown to 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where we are at to this point........ deadline is in 30 minutes.

Time for a round up.... :D

Brace to PUP, and Butler, Tate, and Meriweather likely to be released....

Let's at the very least agree that the Pats are BELOW AVERAGE when it comes to the draft.

If Molden got in, then Butler might be on his way out.

I read a couple of scouting reports suggesting that Molden may be better suited to safety. There has also been speculation that Dowling could be a good CB, or a gr8 safety.

Let's at the very least agree that the Pats are BELOW AVERAGE when it comes to the draft.

No. 10chars

I read a couple of scouting reports suggesting that Molden may be better suited to safety. There has also been speculation that Dowling could be a good CB, or a gr8 safety.

Yep I read the same thing.

I wonder if we're not watching something a little more fundamental. Big CB Slot/FS being added from former CBs. Maybe part of the problem was Meriweather and Sanders no longer had a role on this particular defense.

IMO, Butler is a capable CB with confidence issues ............. he is not, however, a Slot CB/ FS capable player. It explains drafting Dowling, when we already had four CBs (Butler, Arrington, Bodden and McCourty). Somebody posted, somewhere earlier, that the small CB is no longer a NE player. That may be correct.

Butler can play football still, hopefully, we get something for him.

OTOH, I could be wrong but it seems to add up. Unless Meriweather was a locker room/Discipline problem he is a better FS than what we presently have. ...... So, maybe FS as a position changes on this team.

Last edited:
I want Dowling at CB.I think he has alot of potential to be wat McCourty was in his first year.

Compare with other teams. You'll be surprised. You have to go back to 2003 to find a Colts first round pick that is still an above-average contributor on the team, for example.

Too stupid for words.

The teams that are below average in the draft have records that are below average over many years.

They have been very bad draft picks and that hurts only when u dont get players on the market.This team does it that way.They dont go after big name players once they hit free agency.They built through the draft.Its a gamble thats for sure!!!!

The boneheaded comments about the Pats drafting abilities are pretty funny. What's funnier is that they're being made by the same crowd that flips out on Game Day threads. Assign value to their posts accordingly.

Let me put it another way. The teams that are expected to do well in the draft are the ones that draft first. The Patriots seldom do.

I have to believe that Meriweather and Tate have some kind of trade value. Butler probably does too.

And I have been predicting a Welker trade for a while :eek:

Actually Nikolai, they are pretty accurate!The draft picks have been terrible.Its not just the 2007 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes