PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Announced Patriots cuts: countdown to 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
My moves bold(cut) bold and italic (pup) predictions.

I notice your name is in bold...

When did you make the 2011 80 man roster? :p

How's it feel to be cut??? :eek:

Lee Smith has been informed he will be waived (per Reiss Twitter)

Here's the big surprise cut: Brandon Meriweather (per Rappaport)

Looking forward to the board tonight with the Meriweather news

hopefully we just got better on D. Hopefully.

So only 3 TEs. Welcome to the roster, UDFA Will Yeatman!

I've liked what I've seen from this kid during TC and the games. I'm sorry to see Smith go, as I think he will be a player-maybe he'll end up on our PS. I think someone will grab him though.

So much for those who said we'd easily get a 2nd rd pick for him---I honestly felt that a mid round pick was certainly within reach.

I am surprised that Meriweather did not garner at least a 5th/6th round pick, to me that is shocking.

There goes the so-called position of strength at safety---Meriweather, Page, McGowan, Sanders....turns into pretty much nothing at all.

I've liked what I've seen from this kid during TC and the games. I'm sorry to see Smith go, as I think he will be a player-maybe he'll end up on our PS. I think someone will grab him though.

It's possible they have to expose him to waivers before they can put him on IR.

Eric Moore cut too, although I didn't read the whole thread.

Too many bodies at the position, which is a good thing. Interestingly enough, Moore was with the first-team starters at the beginning of TC.

eric moore got about 2 pages of this thread

It's possible they have to expose him to waivers before they can put him on IR.
Why would they have to do that? If he's injured he can go on IR. If the player and the team want to negotiate an injury settlement he can then be cut, at which point he'll have to go through waivers if he's not a vested veteran or even if he is but it's past the trade deadline.

So much for those who said we'd easily get a 2nd rd pick for him---I honestly felt that a mid round pick was certainly within reach.

I am surprised that Meriweather did not garner at least a 5th/6th round pick, to me that is shocking.

There goes the so-called position of strength at safety---Meriweather, Page, McGowan, Sanders....turns into pretty much nothing at all.

You're discounting Josh Barrett. He put in a good showing in the Giants game. Physical and was around the ball quite a bit.

eric moore got about 2 pages of this thread

Like I said in my very first sentence, I did not read through 30 pages of the thread, but I do appreciate the heads up.

It was nothing more than a very short comment about him.

You're discounting Josh Barrett. He put in a good showing in the Giants game. Physical and was around the ball quite a bit.

I've actually been a Barrett supporter, and yes that is great that he had a good showing in the one time that we've seen him, but the point still remains the same.

I am sure it will work out, we will see.

So I guess Sergio Brown is one of our starting Safeties..interesting..

According to Bedard, there is now no one left from the 2007 draft.

So thankful for Floyd Reese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes