PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anfernee Jennings

VrabelJr

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I was looking at other stats and just noticed he currently leads the league in Run Stop Win Rate for all DE/OLBs. He might be helped by Barmore (61% double team rate) and Godchaux's presence but still he's making plays and on game day I see him flying around. What an amazing jump he's made in year three. A good reminder not to give up on guys.

RankNameTeamWinsPlaysRSWRDouble
Team %
1Anfernee JenningsNE5916037%8%
2Will Anderson Jr.HOU5615337%18%
3Samson EbukamIND5013936%10%
4Jonathan GreenardHOU4613035%12%
5Maxx CrosbyLV8423935%13%
6Kingsley EnagbareGB4112333%7%
6Micheal ClemonsNYJ4112333%17%
8Sam HubbardCIN4313432%11%
9Tuli TuipulotuLAC5116231%10%
10Jermaine JohnsonNYJ5417231%12%

I was looking at other stats and just noticed he currently leads the league in Run Stop Win Rate for all DE/OLBs. He might be helped by Barmore (61% double team rate) and Godchaux's presence but still he's making plays and on game day I see him flying around. What an amazing jump he's made in year three. A good reminder not to give up on guys.

Team %
Since he and Derek Wise have a similar career arc, I wonder if this is simply about young guys whose college bodies can't withstand the rigors of the NFL. They need to become men before having the necessary impact. I say this because they were both injured a lot.

You can make a case that you should always only draft linemen in the 3rd and 4th rounds because it's going to take a couple years for them to develop.

Carter on the Eagles is getting thrown around right now. I'm sure he'll develop and be great going forward.

Since he and Derek Wise have a similar career arc, I wonder if this is simply about young guys whose college bodies can't withstand the rigors of the NFL. They need to become men before having the necessary impact. I say this because they were both injured a lot.

You can make a case that you should always only draft linemen in the 3rd and 4th rounds because it's going to take a couple years for them to develop.

Carter on the Eagles is getting thrown around right now. I'm sure he'll develop and be great going forward.
You can definitely see that Jennings has bulked up some since his first 2 seasons and his days at Bama. He looks liked he’s put on 10+ lbs of muscle

You can definitely see that Jennings has bulked up some since his first 2 seasons and his days at Bama. He looks like he’s put on 10+ lbs

Last edited:
If my memory is correct I think he was one of the players not expected to succeed , just goes to show that some players take longer than others to start to fulfil their potential. Must admit I was probably on the "get rid" side.....ah wrong again....lol

I’d take him over Uche.
Me too…he’s much better against the run and also offers some pash rush ability. A slightly smaller Wise as a comparison

He had a so and so start but he became a solid playier
I had always hope on him expressed also in the past
One of the few developments

i think Jennings has been a solid player for the Patriots. i definitely think he is someone who i want to keep moving forward
Agreed primarily a majority of the guys on Defense will be here next season. If I'm nit picking off the top I'd say Phillips, Mills and JC may not be back. However Jennings has been great.

Team %
Our run D has been excellent.

The Cole Strange haters will not like to hear that he is 7th in the league in Run Block Win Rate. He has ways to come as a pass blocker though.

Full OL and DL stats are here: NFL pass-rushing, run-stopping, blocking leaderboard: Win rate rankings for 2023
The same people who overlooked Shaq Mason’s pass blocking deficiencies (relative to his elite unblocking abilities), especially early on in his career, will likely dismiss Strange’s run blocking abilities because of the same run/pass blocking disparity.

The same people who overlooked Shaq Mason’s pass blocking deficiencies (relative to his elite unblocking abilities), especially early on in his career, will likely dismiss Strange’s run blocking abilities because of the same run/pass blocking disparity.
The hope I see for Strange is that he's far more athletic than Shaq ever was.

I’d take him over Uche.
yeah, i suppose... Jennings is an overall better player...

but Jennings/Uche have different roles in the D, no?

this is cool and all, but it's not 1995 and "stopping the run" isn't important as it was back when the current head coach was drafting fullbacks in the first round

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back