PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andy Reid whines about getting flagged for a penalty, though he admits it was a penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before Brady even released the ball my TV had the Yellow FLAG insignia posted. So, as soon as Andrews motioned to hike the ball - the flag was in the air. What is the ref supposed to do - predict whether Ford is going to be part of the play or not when he had his hand at least a foot offside. And when he wasn't part of the play, say excuse me and pick up the flag. And who knows if Brady didn't see the flag and get overly aggressive thinking it was a free play. Or that the Pats had complained earlier in the game of what Ford was doing and for the refs to look out for it. But I guess the NFL is always giving the Pats a break and they always get the call. The only reason Goodell was at the game so he could present Kraft with the Hunt trophy. And to give Bob back his draft picks. Right !!

"
NORRISTOWN, Pa. -- A judge who sentenced Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid's sons to jail on Thursday likened the coach's home to "a drug emporium" and questioned whether his adult sons should live there.

"There isn't any structure there that this court can depend upon," Montgomery County Judge Steven O'Neill said before sentencing 22-year-old Britt Reid to up to 23 months in jail plus probation.

"I'm saying this is a family in crisis," O'Neill said.

Earlier Thursday, O'Neill sentenced 24-year-old Garrett Reid, a drug addict and dealer who said he got a thrill out of selling drugs in "the 'hood," to up to 23 months in jail for smashing into another motorist's car while high on heroin.

O'Neill noted that searches of the Reid home found illegal and prescription drugs throughout the house. He said both boys had been overmedicated throughout much of their lives and that Britt got hooked on painkillers when he suffered a football injury in high school."

You've come a long way from your ol' drug den days Andy...long way indeed. Must feel good to be able to stay in touch with your dead kid's LSD/PCP dealer so you can ramp up for days like today.

"
NORRISTOWN, Pa. -- A judge who sentenced Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid's sons to jail on Thursday likened the coach's home to "a drug emporium" and questioned whether his adult sons should live there.

"There isn't any structure there that this court can depend upon," Montgomery County Judge Steven O'Neill said before sentencing 22-year-old Britt Reid to up to 23 months in jail plus probation.

"I'm saying this is a family in crisis," O'Neill said.

Earlier Thursday, O'Neill sentenced 24-year-old Garrett Reid, a drug addict and dealer who said he got a thrill out of selling drugs in "the 'hood," to up to 23 months in jail for smashing into another motorist's car while high on heroin.

O'Neill noted that searches of the Reid home found illegal and prescription drugs throughout the house. He said both boys had been overmedicated throughout much of their lives and that Britt got hooked on painkillers when he suffered a football injury in high school."

You've come a long way from your ol' drug den days Andy...long way indeed. Must feel good to be able to stay in touch with your dead kid's LSD/PCP dealer so you can ramp up for days like today.
If you can't keep your kids from doing heroin/out of prison, should you really be in charge of a group of 20 something millionaires? Just sayin..

If I'm an owner, that's a big red flag to stay away.

I really dislike the attacks centering on Reids kids drug and legal problems. It is below the belt
Dislike all you want, his number 1 job as a man/father is to make sure his kids don't end up the way they did. It's fair to criticize how his mentoring or lack thereof of his children impacts his players. Maybe it doesn't, maybe it does, but if I'm an owner it would definitely enter the equation of if this is the man I want running my franchise.

Noone seems to talk about the run on punt team play on 4th and 1. The refs gave them far to long to get off the field, stood over the ball preventing us from snapping it and ultimately giving us a delay of game. And they still had 12 men that would have been a key 1st down.

140dzsx.jpg

That’s the difference between Reid and Belichick. Reid whines that it was unfair cause of the timing. Bill trades you to Cleveland. Chiefs fans and the rest of the league... that’s the reason we have been to 9 superbowls under bill.

Oh boy! The NFL is rigged!?! All those guys watching games in New York are in on it, right? The NFL is about gambling -- legal and illegal. Because people bet on spreads, even a call that does not affect the outcome can cost millions. Do you believe the guys who run all that would tolerate fixed games? Take this to the Colts forum, please. Let's get back to discussing how Brady and Belichick hate each other. I can't believe we cannot enjoy yesterday's awesome win for two weeks or even 24 hours.

wtf are you talking about, who said the NFL is rigged? Who's not enjoying the win? Everyone here is just ripping on Reid for being a sore loser, so why would I or anyone take this (still not even sure what 'this' is) to a Colts forum?

You seem really worked up and looking for an argument, even if it's against a point nobody made. I'm the guy who routinely makes fun of people in the game thread for declaring the league fixed every time a flag goes against us.

Surprised he didn't complain that the refs didn't have warn him to his timeouts in overtime.

Dislike all you want, his number 1 job as a man/father is to make sure his kids don't end up the way they did. It's fair to criticize how his mentoring or lack thereof of his children impacts his players. Maybe it doesn't, maybe it does, but if I'm an owner it would definitely enter the equation of if this is the man I want running my franchise.

There's a difference between having a kid fall into addiction - and your kids selling meth out of your house.

Reed's problem with his kids were 11 years ago when they were 24 years old, he was coaching the Philadelphia Eagles at that time..

When does an adult child with a drug problem move from being the "son of" to a "stand alone butthole"...

I do not see where that is pertinent to that discussion..

BB's son Brian got busted for underage drinking at a Country Music Fest a few years ago, was he BB's son or a stupid kid???

Many addicts and people with drug problems sell drugs so they can fuel their own addictions..

Disparage Reed for being a bad coach, not a bad parent..

Reed's problem with his kids were 11 years ago when they were 24 years old, he was coaching the Philadelphia Eagles at that time..

When does an adult child with a drug problem move from being the "son of" to a "stand alone butthole"...

I do not see where that is pertinent to that discussion..

BB's son Brian got busted for underage drinking at a Country Music Fest a few years ago, was he BB's son or a stupid kid???

Many addicts and people with drug problems sell drugs so they can fuel their own addictions..

Disparage Reed for being a bad coach, not a bad parent..

It's not about the addiction, as it is letting his sons run a drug operation out of his house.

I'm disparaging his very sense of propriety opening his big mouth like a jackazz sore loser. If he had PAID ATTENTION to what his lineman was doing wrong. the outcome could well have been different. That's his schtick though...Mr GoAlong To GetAlong. Great...coach the way you want, raise your kids the way you want, just don't run your mouth when it all goes sideways because of YOU.

It's not about the addiction, as it is letting his sons run a drug operation out of his house.

They had addiction issues as well... his oldest son Garrett died after OD'ing and his other sons had similar issues. Addicts are often dealers to fuel their addictions..

I do not know what Reed knew about what was going on in his house or what his wife knew. We know nothing about his wife and if she has tendencies. No idea if there are addiction issues in the Reed family. None of this is pertinent to his coaching Sunday Nite.. What we do know is all of this happened when they were adults living in that house..

What happened in his house 11 years ago, has little to do with what happened Sunday nite.. he was an inept coach then and is an inept coach now.

Fox: Andy Reid faces most difficult challenge

I'm trying to imagine Bill making these comments and I just can't.

Quite right. On his radio interview yesterday he was asked about the pick play. He agreed that the permissible contact rule was within one yard, but he "hadn't looked at the TV" and anyway, when you're in man, "there are going to be a lot of bodies in the way, we know that".

I often wonder if the Pats might not get more calls if he were the kind of public (and private) whiner that Polian was, but, whatever he might think in private, that is the way BB handles it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST