PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andy Reid whines about getting flagged for a penalty, though he admits it was a penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Andy Reid makes sure he loses your respect along with the game. He is complaining here not even about the offsides penalty being “incorrect” but that it just shouldn’t have been called, or it often isn’t called. The refs should have given the defender a warning, on the most critical drive of the season. Yeah, we are already complaining about subjectivity and randomness, and now Reid is whining that they made the right call but thought they should just get away with it? Nice excuses, Andy...now I’m starting to understand the reputation, as this is one pathetic cop out for the team’s failure.

Andy Reid takes issue with roughing, offsides penalties

Last edited:
Andy Reid makes sure all he loses your respect as well as the game. He is complaining here not even about the offsides penalty being “incorrect” but that it just shouldn’t have been called, or it often isn’t called. The refs should have given the defender a warning, on the most critical drive of the season. Yeah, we are already complaining about subjectivity and randomness, and now Reid is whining that they made the right call but thought they should just get away with it? Nice excuses, Andy...now I’m starting to understand the reputation, as this is one pathetic cop out for the team’s failure.

Andy Reid takes issue with roughing, offsides penalties

I don't inherently mind the complaint about penalties being selectively called, because it does happen and is the main way officials impact games in potentially fishy ways.

That said, this particular instance of that complaint is dumb. Ford was lined up pretty egregiously offsides, to a degree that absolutely does not happen regularly. Yeah guys get a bit of leeway if it's borderline, but there was nothing borderline about it. Reid's just wrong about that, and comes off as a sore loser in being wrong.

“. . .Normally, you’re warned, and the coach is warned if somebody is doing that before they throw it in a game of that magnitude. But they did. He didn’t waste any time doing it. He didn’t wait until the interception to throw it. He had his hand on the flag right from the get-go.’’

So he even acknowledges that this was not a reactive flag that took the magnitude of the swing into account, but was treated as an obvious, automatic penalty that was worthy of a flag from the moment the ball was snapped. So... what point is he even trying to make? That he expects to get a free warning that his guys are lining up way offsides before anyone actually flags it, even in the 4th quarter of a playoff game? Because if that's his point, it's a pretty ****ing stupid point.

As I said in another thread, officials don't warn players when they're in the neutral zone and Andy Reid knows it. They might warn a player between plays if he's getting *close* to the neutral zone.

I dunna know....

Reid is senior, very successful and doesn't need to apologize or make excuses to anyone.

He has been around long enough to KNOW not to barf out all these wouldas and shouldas like he did today.

But like Morgan Freeman said in Shawshank Redemption..."Every man has his breaking point."

I think last night was Chumley's

I don’t see what the chiefs can argue about. Look at the way they were allowed to play defense. Now look at the way we were allowed to play defense. It’s 2 different sets of rules going on. And they still lost.

I dunna know....

Reid is senior, very successful and doesn't need to apologize or make excuses to anyone.

He has been around long enough to KNOW not to barf out all these wouldas and shouldas like he did today.

But like Morgan Freeman said in Shawshank Redemption..."Every man has his breaking point."

I think last night was Chumley's

I think he's planting a seed in the clueless Hunts that there's a legitimate reason for him to keep his job, after his upcoming 7-9 campaign in 2019.

I don't inherently mind the complaint about penalties being selectively called, because it does happen and is the main way officials impact games in potentially fishy ways.
Oh boy! The NFL is rigged!?! All those guys watching games in New York are in on it, right? The NFL is about gambling -- legal and illegal. Because people bet on spreads, even a call that does not affect the outcome can cost millions. Do you believe the guys who run all that would tolerate fixed games? Take this to the Colts forum, please. Let's get back to discussing how Brady and Belichick hate each other. I can't believe we cannot enjoy yesterday's awesome win for two weeks or even 24 hours.

I think he's planting a seed in the clueless Hunts that there's a legitimate reason for him to keep his job, after his upcoming 7-9 campaign in 2019.
I'm not a big Colin Cowheard guy but his hot take today was spot on IMO.

Basically he said the Patriots prepare better than anyone on both sides of the ball and its clear Andy Reid does not have that capacity.

If you are Pats fan you'll enjoy it.

The Youtube title is crap. He never said such a thing.

I have to say, I don't *like* Cowherd, but this is why he's among the most coveted radio guys in the business. He is *great* at playing both sides and going far enough in both positive and negative directions about literally everything that everyone wants to hear what he says whether it makes them happy or angry.

I have to say, I don't *like* Cowherd, but this is why he's among the most coveted radio guys in the business. He is *great* at playing both sides and going far enough in both positive and negative directions about literally everything that everyone wants to hear what he says whether it makes them happy or angry.

I don't know if it's playing both sides, so much as taking mainstream and obvious positions. Praising favorites.

Nothing really irrational, it's like rooting for Microsoft. Sometimes though, it takes a rational, obvious view of things to see things how they actually are.

Be careful what you wish for Andy, next time the refs will call a better game and not gift you 2 tds with bogus pi’s, and might catch your blatant pick play to take away your last td.

That drive where the Chiefs took a 28-24 lead was probably the biggest gift drive of season. Absurd PI call on Jackson for something that was 10% of the infraction the Chiefs got away with all game. A ticky tack defensive holding that negated the Kelce fumble. Should have been offensive PI against Kelce in breaking up a sure INT in the end zone. Then that all-out ridiculous triple pick play ten yards downfield that somehow went uncalled. Chiefs complaining about the calls, what a freakin joke. Had the Patriots lost not one player or coach would say a word, though they’d be more legit than Reid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST